• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Omg - Some People Are so Rude! Vent!!

In summary, the customer received a replacement product for her broken large bar pan, but is unhappy with the customer service.
PamperedDor
Gold Member
I just got a phone call from a customer who attend a show in February of 2007 - when she first received her products (sm and large bar pans) her small was cracked - I did the product adjustment no problem - actually dealt with the host and had it shipped directly to the customers house...

Well, she just called me screaming (and yes screaming and yelling!!) that her large bar pan broke, in 3 pieces, and she called the company - they gave her my information , (why I have no idea since she was so busy freaking out!) and she wants a refund - I nicely explain that it is covered under the warranty and she will get a replacement - just send a small piece back - CUTS ME OFF - and says she knows all that - she spoke to HO and they told her what to do, gave her the RE number and all - Get this - WHY SHOULD SHE HAVE TO GO BREAK A PIECE OFF AND SEND IT IN THE MAIL?? When I picked myself up off the floor in shock, I told her it is policy, unfortunately some people in the world are dishonest and that HO just needs to be sure that it is indeed broken. She then claims that I said it doesn't break, ever - and that I am a LIAR!! (Yes, said that!!) I calmly say, I never would have said that since it is made of clay and well, if you drop it on a floor chances are it will break. Maybe you thought I was talking about our Exec. line of cookware - that is wear I tell them that it has titanium in it and even Superman couldnt get thru that...

Well - then she says we have horrible customer service - I explain that if you bought something from Macys you wouldn't expect the saleswoman to come and pick it up and return it for you would you?? I explain again the 30 day FEDEX pickup and after that it is up to them. Well - she said the lady in Macys doesnt come in to houses and make tons of money do they?? Cause I would be doing that then right?? Well I apologize again and she continues to rant about how she is busy and doesnt have time to do all this and "I obviously have too much time on my hands" - I am like WHATTT:eek: :eek: !!

Ok - I can breath again - thanks for the venting - my head is still shaking!!!

Deep breath - and I would suggest calling HO and reporting your conversation with the customer so it is on file in case she gets nasty....and then Bless and Release and take off your customer list...

great idea - I didn't know we could do that -

Oh, I am trying to breathe thru it - I seriously have never met anyone SOOOOO nasty!! Off my list and then some!!

If the breathing doesn't do it - I am getting a glass of wine!;)

Ouch! Call HO - chances are they will send this woman a prepaid label to sooth her nerves.

who do I speak to at HO??

Call the Solution Center and ask for a supervisor. And yes, delete this woman.

Seriously some people are so rude and have nothing better to do! We've all had those sort of customers and THANK GOOD NESS they are FEW and very FAR between!

Just off the phone with HO - (hey - no wait!!) They documented it in the adjustment under her name and said not to worry about it - there were no notes that she was "unpleasant" in the adjustment the girl said -

I still can't believe it - I guess I am lucky - its the first one I have ever had like this!!!

Still doing lamaze!!!!

Doreen, I'm so sorry you have to go through this. It would have cost her less than a dollar to send it back and now look what she has caused.

HO will probably give her a label, and I guess that's ok, but what is it teaching her? If she acts like a spoiled brat she'll get her way. So when the next item breaks (hopefully not!), then what?

What a hootchy!!!!! Make sure to remove her from your customer base.

Sorry you have to go through this, Doreen. Mean people suck!

Oh I totally booted her off my list of contacts -

I am doing better now - I just had another customer call and order the 12 inch skillet and lid - now I feel better -

dianevill said:
Sorry you have to go through this, Doreen. Mean people suck!

Thanks Diane - couldn't have said it better!!!! You guys are the best - thanks for the vent - somehow my DH couldn't help but laugh because I was freaking out about it - lets say he went to the boys practice!!!

PamperedDor said:

Oh, I am trying to breathe thru it - I seriously have never met anyone SOOOOO nasty!! Off my list and then some!!

Forget a glass of wine, the whole bottle will do and I will come over and help you!! LOL

PS Last night was a FULL MOON, the freaks are out!!:D

Ouch! Some people amaze me!

Colleen - it was today around 4:30!!!

Ok - wine is chilled - come on over girlfriend - you know where I live!!!

PS - Tiki bar is open - its just a little chilly out!! LOL

PamperedDor said:
Colleen - it was today around 4:30!!!

Ok - wine is chilled - come on over girlfriend - you know where I live!!!

PS - Tiki bar is open - its just a little chilly out!! LOL

HEY! What Am I....WOOD?????;)

Ginger428 said:
HEY! What Am I....WOOD?????;)

Oh Ginger - come on over - its worth the trip - tons of laughs - and listen - I need it after the b*tch who called me today !!!! Chardonney or Pinot?? I also have a nice merlot and cab if you prefer red!!:rolleyes:

Or of course I can make a mean Margarita - not a bad cosmo - and my DH makes a great apple martini -

HEY - what about my vent??? LOL

PamperedDor said:

And some chocolate!

This lady sounds like that freak of a person that did a small film on U-tube about some of PC's really old cookware and the handle cracked, and scalding water comes out when she uses it....

Sorry you had to experience that phone call. Some people are miserable and let the silliest things tick them off. I hope you are able to calm down with help from Mr. Grape and Ms. Chocolate!

Shoot.........I am headed up!!LOL

PamperedDor said:
Oh Ginger - come on over - its worth the trip - tons of laughs - and listen - I need it after the b*tch who called me today !!!! Chardonney or Pinot?? I also have a nice merlot and cab if you prefer red!!:rolleyes:

I'd LOVE to, but 4:45AM comes around way to fast!!:eek:

Ginger428 said:
I'd LOVE to, but 4:45AM comes around way to fast!!:eek:

Aww come on Ginger, I will go if you do, it's further for me to travel tho... I would go almost anywhere for vent-fests. (I don't drink wine but will gladly help with Kacey's suggestion of chocolate.)

Chocolate Martini Lynda??? I can do that too - Helps having a hubby in the restaurant business -

Come on up Erin - could you bring the warmth and sun please!!!

PamperedDor said:
Chocolate Martini Lynda??? I can do that too - Helps having a hubby in the restaurant business -

Come on up Erin - could you bring the warmth and sun please!!!

Erin pass by Croydon on your way north, this thunderstorm is adding to the blues here that everybody else has been complaining about.

Sure I can drink Chocolate Martinis... why wait till Chicago. :love:

You name your drink and Doreen has it!!! :D

PamperedDor said:
I am doing better now - I just had another customer call and order the 12 inch skillet and lid - now I feel better -

I had to LOL when I saw the breathing and wine comment, but when I saw this, I fell on the floor. I'm still not over it.:rolleyes:

People like that are unbelievable. Next time you might want to say:

Have you always been a troll, or is this a recent development? ;) (in your head, of course)
I have never had anyone get nasty with me....yet.

As a very wise person recently said, "Idiots are everywhere. If you forget that, they will quickly remind you."Sounds like you're doing better, though. I agree with the other post: Mean people suck!

raebates said:
As a very wise person recently said, "Idiots are everywhere. If you forget that, they will quickly remind you."
Sounds like you're doing better, though. I agree with the other post: Mean people suck!

Hey- I put that in one of my posts a couple of days ago! :angel:

Kitchen Diva said:
Hey- I put that in one of my posts a couple of days ago! :angel:

Yes, and you would be the very wise person to whom I was referring. :love:

What happened with the customer's order?

The customer received a cracked small bar pan in her February 2007 order. The issue was resolved through a product adjustment and the replacement was shipped directly to the customer's house.

What happened during the recent phone call with the customer?

The customer called to report that her large bar pan broke into three pieces. She was upset and demanding a refund. The representative explained that the product is covered under warranty and a replacement would be sent after the customer sends back a small piece as proof of the damage.

Why does the customer need to send back a piece of the broken product?

This is a policy to prevent dishonest claims. By sending back a piece of the broken product, the company can verify that the damage was not caused by misuse or other factors.

What did the customer accuse the scientist of?

The customer claimed that the scientist had previously told her that the product would never break, which she believed to be a lie. The scientist clarified that they would never say that since the product is made of clay and is susceptible to breaking if dropped.

How did the scientist respond to the customer's accusation of poor customer service?

The scientist explained that the company has a policy of a 30-day FedEx pickup for returns and after that, it is up to the customer to send back the product. The customer was still dissatisfied and continued to make rude comments about the scientist having too much free time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • micocina
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
vtodd71
  • pamperedharriet