• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Vent-Why Do People Have to Be so Rude?

In summary, the customer received an email about discontinued items, a reminder today, and a rant about using "Icontact." The customer replied negatively to the offer to join a birthday club, and asked how her book order was going to be if the products are overpriced.
kdangel518
Gold Member
I just sent out an email to my customer base reminding them that Monday is the last day to purchase discontinued/restyled items, check out the outlet while you're on my website, thank you for your business. That was it.

Generally I only send out one email a month- my monthly newsletter, but this month I chose to send out a notice early in the month about the discontinued items, and a reminder today.

I just got this email from a customer "Totally not interested. Really wish I'd stop receiving soliciting emails from Pampered Chef..."

Ok then. All you had to do was write me an email that nicely said "Please remove me from your email list."

I wrote back and said "Meg. I'm sorry that you've been unhappy receiving my emails, I will gladly remove you from my distribution list. Thank you."

It took a lot for me not to write "All it would have taken was a simple request..." but I decided to hold it together and take the high road- never burn a bridge, right? :grumpy:

I agree totally.... people don't realize we take it a little more personally than Kohl's. But we shouldn't... That is why when I have the other people on my mailing list telling me how much the LOVE my newsletters, I eat it up.

Chin up, Kara. So sorry that 'meg' took her bad day out on you. :-(

You know I think about this kind of thing when I check my inbox on my email. I personally get emails from a ton of different companies that I have signed up for their newsletter. I went through once and deleted myself off most but you know, as you buy more online you will get those emails again! I'm not offended when they email me but there are some who email almost every day! I can choose to look at them, delete them or remove myself from their list. I do agree that the lady was very rude!

It's hard to take, especially when the people on your list are customers who have come to your shows and you've told them that if they want the newsletter to put their email down on the prize slip. Maybe she just had a bad day. Usually, there's something else going on in a person's world when they come across as rude or mean.

Ok, here's the funny thing... as a follow up.

She replied to me after I said I'd remove her. Here's what she said...

"Thanks Kara. I'm always happy to hear from you just not about Pampered Chef! :)"

So I'm guessing she read my reply and felt bad that she was so short with me in her initial email, but the funny thing is, this is a customer from a show last fall, and though the name seems familiar... I don't think I really KNOW her!

Intriguing... :cool:

Good, I am glad she felt bad. She probably is making nice because she realized that she was such a tool. (and not a sharp one either!!:D)

I received a rant about using "Icontact" and that everyone associates it with spam.

Another one that I did a bride and groom party for a few years back wrote me...
STOP sending me e-mail junk mail!

I kindly e-mailed her back reminding her how she knew me and that I would remove her from my list immediately.

I really wanted to blast her...and NOTHING against those who attend church or are faithful, but she is one who is a regular church goer. Just don't think she walks the talk!

haha oh my after the night i had last night i don't think i could have been nice to that! good for you taking the high road and being polite! last night when people were actually filling out the drawing form one lady said "just because I'm filling this out does NOT mean i want any emails, snail mail things or anything else from you"...let me just say i did NOT draw her name for the prize LOL...
interesting that she likes to hear from you, but not PC and you don't know her...i would be a little creeped out :)

I sent out a survey this month with about 7 questions and one of them was.. would you like to join a birthday club and receive a discount on your order in your b'day month?
One lady who I just met at a show and who is doing a book order for me right now.. replied... I love PC....I would like to recieve discounts because no matter how good the products are they are still over priced... It ticked me the wrong way for some reason... and am wondering how her book order is going to be if her way of thinking is everything is overpriced... I can't say anything because the survey said it was anonymous but there is a way to export the results and see who answered each question.. I done it with icontact....

Whenever I send out an email from CS I usually get 20-30 of responses like that :D

crissy11 said:
I sent out a survey this month with about 7 questions and one of them was.. would you like to join a birthday club and receive a discount on your order in your b'day month?
One lady who I just met at a show and who is doing a book order for me right now.. replied... I love PC....I would like to recieve discounts because no matter how good the products are they are still over priced... It ticked me the wrong way for some reason... and am wondering how her book order is going to be if her way of thinking is everything is overpriced... I can't say anything because the survey said it was anonymous but there is a way to export the results and see who answered each question.. I done it with icontact....

haha this made me laugh! i too have a birthday club...and one of the guests asked if she could put her husband down too because she loves PC but doesn't like to pay full price!!

Admin Greg said:
Whenever I send out an email from CS I usually get 20-30 of responses like that :D

Sometimes people just miss the point.

If you use IContact you can include a survey...plus if they unsubscrible you can choose not to find out....I Contact will clean up your list for you.

Admin Greg said:

You mean people PAID to be on CS, and then get ticked off because you sent an email?

That is just crazy...and it's not like you send them all the time. CS admin. emails are rare!

To quote The Furry Guy, "People are crazy."

Nanisu said:
If you use IContact you can include a survey...plus if they unsubscrible you can choose not to find out....I Contact will clean up your list for you.

Nancy- I'm not sure if you saw or replied to it, but I also started a thread asking about IContact! :). I am thinking about signing up to use it as my service going forward to send these types of things through... If you haven't replied already, it's under the newsletters forum, I would love your feedback on IContact :) TIA!

1. Why do people have to be so rude when giving feedback?

Unfortunately, some people may not realize the impact of their words and how they come across. It's important to remember that everyone has different communication styles and may not intend to be rude.

2. How can I handle rude comments or feedback from customers?

The best way to handle rude comments or feedback is to remain calm and professional. Acknowledge the feedback and try to understand where the customer is coming from. If necessary, apologize and offer to find a solution.

3. Is there a way to prevent rude behavior from customers?

While we can't control the behavior of others, we can set boundaries and communicate expectations. Make sure to clearly state your policies and procedures, and don't be afraid to politely remind customers of them if they are being rude.

4. How can I improve my own communication to avoid being perceived as rude?

Being mindful of your tone and word choice can go a long way in preventing misunderstandings and coming across as rude. It's also important to actively listen and try to see things from the other person's perspective.

5. How can I provide constructive feedback without being rude?

When giving feedback, it's important to focus on the behavior or action and not the person. Use "I" statements instead of "you" statements and offer specific suggestions for improvement. Remember to always be respectful and kind in your delivery.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampChefJoy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefann
  • PamperedDor
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • raebates