• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Venting... "Why Are People so Mean... and Strange"?

When a lady requested a catalog, the speaker had been trying to follow up with her for weeks but she had been giving them the run around. The speaker decided to call her in Spanish and the lady denied ever receiving two catalogs and claimed her daughter had taken them. The speaker asked to pick up the catalog the next day but the lady left it under the doormat instead. When the speaker returned home, they found a note in the bag with the books stating that the lady's daughter had collected 5 orders but they would be placing the order directly due to the speaker's supposed rudeness. Later, the lady changed her story and said it was her niece who was studying to be a chef and they had already placed a large order. The
micocina
Gold Member
I'm so frustrated with a lady that called requesting a catalog. I had been trying to follow up with her for the last couple of weeks and she had been giving me the run around, faking to be someone else answering her cell phone. Since she is bilingual I decided to call her this Friday and instead of saying hello when she answered I said "Hola, como estas Maria"? and she said "yes, who's this"? I said, "Hi this is Rosa with PC, how are you"? She hesitantly said fine. I asked her if she had had anytime to look over the books (SHE requested one in Eng and one in Spa). She denied ever receiving two and that her daughter had taken "the catalog". I asked if I could pick up the book on my way to a Cooking Show the next morning and she said she'd leave it under the doormat. Well, I didn't go yesterday like I told her, but went today instead. When I got to her door I asked for her, but she told the teen that answered the door that the "books" were on top of the mailbox in a bag. I took the bag and told the teen to thank her mom for me and left. When I got home there was a large sheet of paper in the bag with the books that said, "My "daughter" is studying to be a chef and she really liked the products. She had shared the catalog with some friends and she had collected 5 orders, but since you were so rude on the phone, we've decided to call the main office and place an order directly. You need to change your tone of voice... Here are your "2" books". I was in complete shock! I was so upset, but I kept my cool. I immediatly called her and said that I was sorry that she had gotten such an impression of me, but that it wasn't my intention. She then changed her story and said that it was her "neice" that was studying to be a chef and that they had already called HO and placed a $1500 order, I wish you lots of success with your PC business... Have a Nice Day!!! and hung up.

Can you believe that? What a liar! I was so upset I was shaking. How could people be so mean?

Last edited:
That sucks! Sorry to hear that. There are just some people out there that you can never please. Reminds me of my host for tomorrow who answered her phone one day "I cannot talk right now" instead of the normal "Hello?" Um, what did I do to you? Bless and release, maybe she'll contact you down the road. You never know the truth from her mouth anyway, you may have not wanted to work with her.

Thanks for your words. "Bless and release" that's exactly what I need to do. I definitely do not want to deal with her... ever! I wish I would have met her in person just so I can avoid any type of contact with her being that we live so close by. We just can not please everyone and I guess we'll always come across looneys like this.

Thanks again!

It's hard, there are just some people out there who you cannot please.

Oh geez, that's terrible!!! I'm sorry you had to go through that. Definitely be glad you don't have to deal with her further. Some people just need to find fault in everything to make themselves feel better for some reason. Bless and release!!!

{{{hugs}}} Rosa. The note was simply mean and vindictive....and more a reflection of her state of mind (and heart) than anything else. To consciously wish you emotional distress and then hang-up on you indicates she has her own struggles. Bless, release, and go hug someone you love. :)

You guys just made me cry... and my husband wonders why I visit this forum so much. You're all a blessing!

How terrible Rosa {{hugs}}. I can't believe how mean and terrible people can be.

Sorry about that Rosa and don't believe for a SECOND that the lady placed a $1500 order. I HIGHLY doubt that - she is just trying to be mean.

...and funny how she denied receiving 2 then gave 2 back... Odd people...bless and release it right...

I'm so sorry she did that to you! WOW!! People can be cruel! Be glad you won't have to work with her anymore! And I agree with Janet, I highly doubt she really placed an order that big, or at all for that matter! There are so many holes in her stories it's ridiculous!

People can be cruel.....

Could you not call HO and see if someone by her name placed a order? I'm a newbie so I don't know if that is possiable.

Also, I have a question... Why did you ask for the books back? :confused: I always assume that once a catalog is in their hands it is theirs. Then I call a few times, and if I get no reply I'll send a post card with the special on it and tell them to be sure and contact me when they are ready to order.

Carol

pamperedbecky said:
Some people just need to find fault in everything to make themselves feel better for some reason. Bless and release!!!
This is so true! Some people just aren't happy unless everything's wrong in their life. (which makes no sense!)
Just move on to your next great customer--there's far more nice ones that nasty ones!:)

{{HUGS}} That was so mean and rude! I don't get some people. They call themselves adults...sheesh!

I agree, I highly doubt she placed $1500 in an order. That would have been foolish on her part as she could have submitted it as a catalog order and gotten a ton of free stuff. Oh well.

BLESS AND RELEASE!

cwinter474 said:
People can be cruel.....

Could you not call HO and see if someone by her name placed a order? I'm a newbie so I don't know if that is possiable.

Also, I have a question... Why did you ask for the books back? :confused: I always assume that once a catalog is in their hands it is theirs. Then I call a few times, and if I get no reply I'll send a post card with the special on it and tell them to be sure and contact me when they are ready to order.

Carol

IMO, not even worth the attempt!!!! Best to ignore it and move on.

vwpamperedchef said:
{{HUGS}} That was so mean and rude! I don't get some people. They call themselves adults...sheesh!

I agree, I highly doubt she placed $1500 in an order. That would have been foolish on her part as she could have submitted it as a catalog order and gotten a ton of free stuff. Oh well.

BLESS AND RELEASE!

This is exactly what I was thinking!

Wow that is just plain rude!! I agree bless and release and you are better for not getting pulled into her web!

janetupnorth said:
Sorry about that Rosa and don't believe for a SECOND that the lady placed a $1500 order. I HIGHLY doubt that - she is just trying to be mean.
My thoughts exactly! She is just Rude Rude Rude! You are so much better off without this one in your life.

pamperedlinda said:
You are so much better off without this one in your life.

Amen sister! I believe we all want customers but NOBODY is worth that much trouble. Just chalk it up as a learning experience and move on.

1. Why do some people seem to be mean or strange?

There could be a variety of reasons for someone's behavior, including past experiences, mental health issues, or simply their personality. It's important to approach each person with empathy and understanding.

2. How can I deal with someone who is consistently mean or strange?

If someone's behavior is consistently negative or strange, it's important to set boundaries and communicate clearly. You can also try to understand their perspective and address any underlying issues that may be causing their behavior.

3. Is it possible to change someone's behavior if they are mean or strange?

It is possible for someone to change their behavior, but ultimately it is up to them to make that choice. You can offer support and understanding, but it's important to take care of yourself and not try to change someone who is not willing to change themselves.

4. How can I avoid being affected by someone's mean or strange behavior?

It's important to remember that you cannot control someone else's behavior, but you can control how you react to it. Practice self-care and surround yourself with positive and supportive people. Also, try to understand the root cause of their behavior and approach them with compassion.

5. Are there any techniques I can use to communicate effectively with someone who is mean or strange?

Active listening and using "I" statements can be helpful in communicating with someone who is being mean or strange. It's also important to stay calm and avoid getting defensive. If the situation becomes too difficult, it may be best to remove yourself from the conversation and address it at a later time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Stephaniecafe
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva