• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Don't Understand Some People!

In summary, the conversation was about a catalog show for Pampered Chef products. The host was frustrated with customers complaining about the prices, but they ended up having many of the products already. The host came up with a solution to have customers mark off what they already have and focus on the new products. This technique has been successful in selling more products.
ChefJWarren
Gold Member
My aunt was having a catalog show for October because she wanted the DCB. She was totally pumped and really talked up the products! Therefore, my host was not the problem! The problem was the customers.:grumpy:

She called me because she was so frustrated with her friends. As she was showing around the catalog, everyone started to complain that Pampered Chef was "so expensive!". BUT as they were flipping through the catalog they went page by page and were saying, "I have that, and I have that, and I have that, and I love that, and I have that......"

:confused:

Well, if its SOOOOOO expensive, why do you have the whole catalog!!!

Her show was about $251. She was disappointed, but I was happy. At least she got enough to get her DCB!

As we often say at our house, people confuse me.

Hrm... silly humans.

For my next show I printed off the list from CC which lists products by price. I'm not going to mention how expensive people say PC is, but I'm going to say, "If you are looking for a holiday gift in a certain price range, here is a list by price." This way they will know their options in the price range they want to spend. I was talking to my sister about it how people say PC is expensive, but we have 4 pages of products under about $30 and only 2 pages above that. People just like the expensive products or already have the less expensive items.

When I have people say they HAVE everything, I politely respond with, "That's great! And we've added over 60 new items to this catalog! So here's what I want you to do... Take your pen and put a BIG X through everything you have. That way you can see what we have that's new and what you might want to add to your PC collection." The problem is that they are looking at what they HAVE, not at what they don't have. The x-ing out really makes them see that they really don't have everything and then they can focus on the new things. It's really been working great for me. On that note, I keep a box of thick sharpies in my bag for this very purpose. Then I have them circle things they want.

PS: I know your's was a catty show... at cooking shows when I hear this, I approach them with the sharpie, and say, "I can tell you love everything you have and I love hearing that! I have an assignment for you. Here's a sharpie... go through the catalog real quick and x-out anything you already have. That way you'll see what's left and what you might want to get tonight to be sure you don't get something you already have unless it's for a gift. Then when I'm doing my demo, if you could help me... when I get to something you have that you've x-ed out... could you please tell everyone why you love it and what you use it for? That would really, really help me." They totally get into it and end up doing more selling for me than I do! Plus, I pick up AWESOME tips to share at future shows from them.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
finley1991 said:
When I have people say they HAVE everything, I politely respond with, "That's great! And we've added over 60 new items to this catalog! So here's what I want you to do... Take your pen and put a BIG X through everything you have. That way you can see what we have that's new and what you might want to add to your PC collection." The problem is that they are looking at what they HAVE, not at what they don't have. The x-ing out really makes them see that they really don't have everything and then they can focus on the new things. It's really been working great for me. On that note, I keep a box of thick sharpies in my bag for this very purpose. Then I have them circle things they want.

PS: I know your's was a catty show... at cooking shows when I hear this, I approach them with the sharpie, and say, "I can tell you love everything you have and I love hearing that! I have an assignment for you. Here's a sharpie... go through the catalog real quick and x-out anything you already have. That way you'll see what's left and what you might want to get tonight to be sure you don't get something you alreayd have unless it's for a gift. Then when I'm doing my demo, if you could help me... when I get to something you have that you've x-ed out... could you please tell everyone why you love it and what you use it for? That would really, really help me." They totally get into it and end up doing more selling for me than I do! Plus, I pick up AWESOME tips to share at future shows from them.

Hope this helps!

What a great idea! I had one of these people at my show last night. She announced as soon as she came in that she had just about everything in the catalog, and she knew what she wanted - a new egg slicer. The past host, Peggy, said "Oh - you think you know what you need, until Becky starts showing you stuff, and then you realize you have to have it!" (Thanks Peggy!:love: ) Well, she raved about the egg slicer ALL EVENING......sold 2 of them for me.:rolleyes: , and bought one herself.....along with $90 worth of things she didn't realize were in the catalog! (Salad Choppers, Micro. Grater.....new rubs, etc......) It would have been great to give her a sharpie and have her go at it!

I like your idea too Colleen - thanks for sharing. I'll have to get some of those Sharpies!!

Related to I Don't Understand Some People!

What is "I Don't Understand Some People!"?

"I Don't Understand Some People!" is a Pampered Chef cookbook that features unique and delicious recipes from around the world. It also includes tips and tricks for understanding different cultures and customs.

Who is the author of "I Don't Understand Some People!"?

The author of "I Don't Understand Some People!" is a team of Pampered Chef consultants who have a passion for cooking and exploring different cultures. They have compiled their favorite recipes and insights into this cookbook.

Are the recipes in "I Don't Understand Some People!" difficult to make?

No, the recipes in "I Don't Understand Some People!" are designed to be easy to follow and use simple ingredients that can be found in most grocery stores. The focus is on creating delicious meals that anyone can make.

Does "I Don't Understand Some People!" include recipes for special diets?

Yes, "I Don't Understand Some People!" includes a variety of recipes that cater to different dietary needs, such as vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free. There is something for everyone in this cookbook.

Can I purchase "I Don't Understand Some People!" online?

Yes, "I Don't Understand Some People!" is available for purchase on the Pampered Chef website. You can also find it at select Pampered Chef parties or through your local Pampered Chef consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smart2cook
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
Replies
Views
millthayer
  • micocina
  • General Chat
Replies