• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant Forgive Me Please! What Is Wrong With People Sometimes?!

In summary, two separate groups of guests from different parts of Atlanta did not respond to the host's invitations. The similarity between the groups was that they were looking for something free, discounted products, or a free meal.
smart2cook
Gold Member
Forgive me please as I know I cannot be the only Consultant that is having this happen to. Feeling so sad for my 2 Hosts that have had incredibly great invitation lists! Why won't these guests just be considerate enough to respond so the host is not preparing for people that are not coming?!Host 1-received outside orders and not one person showed to her party. But what was worse is that I know they received the mini-catalogs, e-invites and two voice-mails from me and never would respond to say if they were coming or not?!Host 2-has tried on her own to get them to call her (show is on Saturday evening) they won't respond to her and she see's them daily. She has no outside orders. I have sent out the e-invites, offered the mini catalogs, more catalogs. to call for her if she will provide the phone numbers and have sent out incentives even with a Prize Drawing etc..
Is this what happens in the summer or is this just something with these particular people? Two completely separate groups by the way.

I have had this happen two times. I think it is the people. Both times were two totally different groups of people from different parts of metro Atlanta. The similarity was that both groups were looking for something free, discounted products (without hosting) or a free meal.

This is just incredible to me. More so that so many people would not respond back in any form even to say they are unable to come.....It's very difficult for the Host to prepare in any way you can have 2-35 people show up or zero!

Wow. I'm not sure what to say or what advice I can give you, but something my Director said that came to mind is, "RSVPing is a lost art." Sadly, no one does it anymore or they often forget to. I was guilty of that myself, but since becoming a consultant I will NEVER forget to RSVP, even if it's a, "No, I can't come."

There are just a lot of stupid, self absorbed people in our world today who give absolutely no thought to other people's feelings or efforts. It really ticks me off, but sadly, it's just something we all have to deal with. If you have done all you can and so have your Hosts, then don't beat yourselves up over it (even though I know it's hard not to :( ) and know that the results of no one coming to the party or ordering were not your fault.

Hugs to you! Hope everything works out!

Wow Smart2cook, I didn't know you are brand new at this just like me. ;)

Yes I am and I will have completed my 90 days on Saturday!!! Yoo Hoo!!!
I so love Pampered Chef and I have had 12 shows now completed and so I feel like I have a little something to go on. Thank you everyone for your words of wisdom and advice I sincerely appreciate it and all of you even for letting me just say it!

ugh.... this is happening with my own family..... seriously, how rude can people be! I even ask them with it's obvious they are on facebook.

I have one on Thursday, and I am kinda afraid no one is going to show for it. She can't get any responses, and my idea is that no response is a NO. I have been really positive, and she is still super excited, so maybe that will help. I told her it was a great opportunity to meet all of her neighbors.

smart2cook said:
Yes I am and I will have completed my 90 days on Saturday!!! Yoo Hoo!!!
I so love Pampered Chef and I have had 12 shows now completed and so I feel like I have a little something to go on. Thank you everyone for your words of wisdom and advice I sincerely appreciate it and all of you even for letting me just say it!

Awesome!! Yay! :D Sounds like you have been doing very well and are an awesome PC Consultant!! Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

I hit my 30 day on May 12th, so June 12th will be my 60 day and July 12th will be my 90. Can't believe I have been a consultant for almost 2 months now! Time really flies!

Thanks Emiscookin! I also agree that we have to stay positive and excited. I also take the no response as a "no" because I know it is so easy to just say yes if they are coming.
I don't want the host to over extend herself and go to a huge expense but doesn't mean we won't have fun!!!!

What about offering a ticket for a draw just for RSVPing? Does anyone think that might bring back the courtesy of just saying 'yes' or 'no'?

I think it's a great idea Donna, but don't know if it will really get any changes. I was invited to a show a few years ago (not PC). The consultant had this whole list of things of how to earn tickets, and all of these rules..... Honestly I didn't go b/c it was so strict.

I have offered tickets for RSVP, bringing a guest, etc. now I have added giving them a Season's Best with every order and sent out a reminder two days early.
The Host e-mailed me this morning, she is so disgusted with her guests that she wanted to cancel the show! I asked her to PPPPPLLLLEEEAAASSEEE let me help call these people. So what she did was send them all out an email to change it to a Catalog show-she got an immediate long distance order. I ran her down the mini-catalogs with flyers for Host Special's for May/June/July and May outside order forms-she will see several people at ball games and church events. I hope this helps her.......she isn't from this area.

I'll be blunt. :blushing: People are rude. And people forget. They are undecided if they want to go. They are waiting to see if something better comes along for their schedule so they can have an excuse not to go. :rolleyes: :D No, seriously. I think this is the reason so many people don't RSVP.The only way to get concrete RSVP's is when they make actual contact w/ the person. People are bad about returning phone calls. Sometimes you get better responses when you say in the message, "please let me know either way. That way I can have an accurate head count which will help me plan for the food." Or something like that. But even that doesn't make people do it. The only people who call are those who have hosted something before or were raised to RSVP. Not to slam people, but I'm serious. Some of my closest friends, who are really great, friendly, helpful people just don't answer their phones, don't return phone calls, and don't RSVP. I can't take it personally, because they really don't mean to be rude. They just don't "get it".

Amanda, you have a very healthy attitude. You don't take it personally-which is what I did tell my Host (both of them now). All I could say (winging it of course) is something my ED has said-you don't know what is going on in their lives so don't take it personally.
However, no matter what excuses it is difficult for the Host.
Thank you so much for all your great remarks, insight, ideas and listening! Hugs!

babywings76 said:
I'll be blunt. :blushing: People are rude. And people forget. They are undecided if they want to go. They are waiting to see if something better comes along for their schedule so they can have an excuse not to go. :rolleyes: :D No, seriously. I think this is the reason so many people don't RSVP.

The only way to get concrete RSVP's is when they make actual contact w/ the person. People are bad about returning phone calls. Sometimes you get better responses when you say in the message, "please let me know either way. That way I can have an accurate head count which will help me plan for the food." Or something like that. But even that doesn't make people do it. The only people who call are those who have hosted something before or were raised to RSVP. Not to slam people, but I'm serious. Some of my closest friends, who are really great, friendly, helpful people just don't answer their phones, don't return phone calls, and don't RSVP. I can't take it personally, because they really don't mean to be rude. They just don't "get it".

This is SO True.

It's also why I take the time to send the invites, and make them interesting. It's up to ME to intrigue people enough that they WANT to come.

Tammy Stanley says that there are only two reasons why people come to a home party.

1. Because they have the night free
2. Because they want to come.

That's it. It's totally changed the way I do my invitations and the way that I coach my hosts. I now send out the invites ONE week before the party, and I coach my hosts to start inviting people by word of mouth, email, and facebook from the minute they book....and to keep doing that up until the time of the party! Since starting this after conference last year, I have the highest show avg., the most recruit leads, the most bookings, and the most shows per month of anytime in my almost 8 years with PC!

1. What is "Forgive Me Please! What Is Wrong With People Sometimes?!" about?

"Forgive Me Please! What Is Wrong With People Sometimes?!" is a cookbook filled with easy and delicious recipes that are perfect for busy individuals and families. It also includes tips and tricks for meal planning and saving time in the kitchen.

2. Are the recipes in "Forgive Me Please! What Is Wrong With People Sometimes?!" healthy?

Yes, all of the recipes in "Forgive Me Please! What Is Wrong With People Sometimes?!" are created with health and nutrition in mind. They are made with fresh, whole ingredients and can easily be modified to fit any dietary restrictions.

3. Do I need to be an experienced cook to use "Forgive Me Please! What Is Wrong With People Sometimes?!"?

No, "Forgive Me Please! What Is Wrong With People Sometimes?!" is designed for all levels of cooking experience. The recipes are easy to follow and include step-by-step instructions and helpful tips to make cooking a breeze.

4. Can I purchase "Forgive Me Please! What Is Wrong With People Sometimes?!" in stores?

Currently, "Forgive Me Please! What Is Wrong With People Sometimes?!" is only available for purchase through Pampered Chef consultants. You can also order it online through our website.

5. Are the ingredients in "Forgive Me Please! What Is Wrong With People Sometimes?!" hard to find?

No, the ingredients in "Forgive Me Please! What Is Wrong With People Sometimes?!" are common and can be found at most grocery stores. We also provide substitution suggestions in case an ingredient is not available in your area.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• magentablue
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
Replies
Views
millthayer