• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Losing Faith in My Business - Vent Long

In summary, Laurie is having a hard time with her business lately. She has had a low number of shows and sales, and she is worried about whether or not this opportunity is still for her. She has two shows left this month and she needs to close four of the five from the beginning of the month.
pamperedpals
Gold Member
I have been losing faith in my business lately. I have had a total of 5 shows for the month of November and except for one the sales and attendance have been really low. I think I am around $1100 if I'm lucky. It makes me wonder if this opportunity is still for me. I still have two shows left this month and need to close 4 of the 5 from the beginning of the month.

I really do LOVE what I do, or else I would not have come back again to PC after being gone for 5 years. I was expecting things to go the way they did when I first started my business 11 years ago. Not to brag, but I was HOT! I started in March, promoted to Future Director and earned a trip to Washington DC for myself. The following year I promoted to Director and earned the trip for two to New Orleans. I also made my $15,000 in career sales in my first 4 or 5 months. I was never hurting for bookings or sales.

Here I am 13 months into my PC career again, and I haven't made my $15,000 in sales and have done less than 30 shows. It has been very disappointing and frustrating to me. However, alot has changed since I first started 11 years ago. I went through a divorce, got married and had two more children, for a total of 3. I live on a small working farm and work full-time. Also, every other week, I have to be to work at 5:30 am so I can pick my oldest up from school in the afternoon and then drive 1 1/2 hour home. Plus, my DH actually likes to have me around. :)

I get really exicted about the specials and opportunities this company has to offer and really want to be doing PC full-time when my youngest who is 2 starts school in 4 years. I am going to change my show schedule in January so that I am not away from home two nights in a row. I'm really psyched about the specials for January and February. I hope this is just pitty me phase I'm going through right now.

Thanks for "listening" and letting me vent!

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

Laurie,It seems by the end of your post you listed a lot of positive things, focus on those and your biz will go your way. I am very new (2nd month) but I believe you can get anywhere with that positive attitude you have. Keep the faith!

It's not pitty... you are just trying to get your business scheduled around your life and THAT is SO important! I know some consultants who would be thrilled with $1100 and counting for one month so it's probably alot to do with perspective... do you think that may be it? I don't know but I wouldn't be comparing now and then... your life is very different now and it may be your business needs to go a bit slower for it all to fit together well and then expand. I don't have any answers... I just know how much I love PC and I can hear that you do as well so try and let your excitement bubble out and give your fears to Jesus! Restructure your schedule to fit your family and enjoy PC. I don't think this really helps much but know that we all care okay? You are also under the new stress of your uncle's illness and I'm sure that is weighing on your mind and making things look a bit bleak. Rest in Jesus... He's with you as well as your Uncle and Aunt... I'll be praying that you feel Him right there with you!

It sounds like you're really frustrated right now. In my experience, frustration is a bad frame of mind for making big decisions.My upline director talks about making sure you know the why of your business. Why do you do it? Your why may have changed since the beginning. The why is important. If you aren't enjoying the what of what you're doing, you need to examine the why. If they why is still important, you can go on.Come here and vent anytime. I work things out verbally, so talking (or typing) something out often helps me put it in perspective. We're here to help, encourage, and commiserate.

I agree with everyone else! Take some time to figure out what isn't working. Maybe right now in your life you shouldn't be where you were before. I hate hearing that myself, but I am realizing it in my own biz. I was so frustrated this year when I didn't promote to director--or even recruit a single person because that was my goal. But I got pregnant in January (after I made my goals) & even though I had an easy pregnancy, these first six weeks have not been easy adjusting to him with a 2 year old. But as I've started back with shows, I now have three strong recruit leads! Looking back I can see that I don't know if I could have handled being a director right now. But I couldn't see that while I was in it--I was just frustrated that things weren't going the way I wanted. Hang in there!! It sounds like you love this so just give it some more time!

Laurie - you can't compare now with then and regret. You are in a difference season of life and each season has its good and bad. I agree with Rae and address WHY you are doing this. 5 shows and $1100 is a great month for many! Especially if you work a lot and have kids. I get excited over a $1000 month. Enjoy PC for its flexibility and figure out what your goals are and don't compare to the "what might have been".

Laurie,
My parents have started going throught the aging process and I have been there with them as much as I can. I work full time and manage a large food service operation.

When I started, my son was 8 and I was starting the divorce process. There are some years where my business grows and some years where it stays the same. My son is now 17 and is a Senior in High School.

Your feelings of getting excited about all the PC has to offer and either having to hold back or the business isn't clicking the way it was...is frustrating. I tell myself that someday (the good Lord willing) I will have the time to devote more to my business. Stay focuses on what is going right in your business. As in life, the negative side of events can weigh our spirit down. And unfortunately, they are the first feelings that crop up.

Great advice has been given so far. Stick with it! Life changes and so will our business.

What can I do when I start losing faith in my business?

When you start feeling discouraged or losing faith in your business, it's important to take a step back and evaluate the situation. Reflect on why you started your business in the first place and what your goals are. Reach out to a mentor or fellow business owner for support and advice. Take a break if needed, but don't give up on your business without considering all your options.

How can I stay motivated when facing challenges in my business?

It's natural to face challenges and obstacles in any business. To stay motivated, remind yourself of your past successes and the progress you've made. Set manageable goals and celebrate small victories. Surround yourself with positive and supportive people, and take breaks and practice self-care when needed.

Is it normal to experience doubts and setbacks in my business?

Yes, it is completely normal to experience doubts and setbacks in your business. It's important to remember that most successful businesses have faced challenges and setbacks along the way. Use these experiences as learning opportunities and don't let them discourage you from pursuing your goals.

What can I do when I feel like I'm not making progress in my business?

If you feel like you're not making progress in your business, it may be helpful to reassess your strategies and make adjustments if needed. Seek feedback from customers or other business owners, and consider seeking out new resources or education to help you grow. Remember that progress takes time and be patient with yourself.

How can I manage my stress and anxiety related to my business?

Running a business can be stressful and anxiety-inducing, but it's important to prioritize your mental and emotional well-being. Set boundaries for yourself, both in terms of work hours and the amount of pressure you put on yourself. Practice self-care and seek support from loved ones or a therapist if needed. Remember that your business is not everything and it's okay to take breaks and prioritize your mental health.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennyJennJen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Rebeccascabinet