• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Changing up My Business! (Venting)

have their list back, I will go ahead and send the host packet.I hand them two of our 3 part guest lists the night of the show...as well as a self addressed stamped envelope. I tell them that this is the "worst" part of having a show, so just go ahead and fill out all of the slots and mail it back to me within 3 days. That way, they don't set it aside "for later" and then forget about it. Once I... have their list back, I will go ahead and send the host packet.
wadesgirl said:
I am well aware that hosts have lives outside of PC, it's my life not theirs. I just don't agree that I should have to deal with how rude she was to me. I've made changes in my business because of this and have moved on.

I'm not saying she should have been rude to you. I'm just saying that people are people and you can't always take it personally. If I got upset everytime I got ignored, talked rude to, or whatever, I'd be a nervous wreck. Maybe your host didnt' realize she was being rude to you. Maybe before you called she had an arguement with her spouse/kids/etc. and she ended up taking it out on you. No it isn't fair but you just deal with it and move on.

I'm sorry you had this issue. :(

vtodd71 said:
I'm not saying she should have been rude to you. I'm just saying that people are people and you can't always take it personally. If I got upset everytime I got ignored, talked rude to, or whatever, I'd be a nervous wreck. Maybe your host didnt' realize she was being rude to you. Maybe before you called she had an arguement with her spouse/kids/etc. and she ended up taking it out on you. No it isn't fair but you just deal with it and move on.

I'm sorry you had this issue. :(

I know, I get your point but if I'm in a fight with my DH, I don't answer the phone! I still don't think she had any reason to talk to me that way.

<H2>1. How often do parties get rescheduled by irresponsible hosts?</H2><p>This is a common frustration for many consultants and can vary depending on individual experiences. Some consultants may rarely encounter rescheduling, while others may face it more frequently. It's important to communicate clearly with your hosts about your expectations and policies regarding rescheduling.</p><H2>2. How should I handle a host who cancels multiple times?</H2><p>The best approach is to have a conversation with the host and express your concerns. Let them know that rescheduling repeatedly can have a negative impact on your business and ask if there is anything you can do to help them keep their party on the scheduled date. You may also consider implementing a policy that allows for a certain number of reschedules before a party is canceled.</p><H2>3. Should I consider sending invitations myself instead of relying on the host?</H2><p>This is a personal decision that can depend on your individual business practices. Some consultants find success in sending their own invitations, while others prefer to have the host take on this responsibility. If you do decide to send invitations yourself, be sure to communicate this clearly with your hosts and have a system in place for collecting and organizing guest information.</p><H2>4. Are there any potential drawbacks to sending invitations myself?</H2><p>Sending invitations yourself can require more work and resources, such as stamps and time for mailing. It's important to weigh the potential benefits and drawbacks and decide what works best for your business and schedule. You may also want to consider implementing a deadline for receiving the guest list from the host to ensure you have enough time to send the invitations.</p><H2>5. What are the long-term benefits of taking control of the invitation process?</H2><p>By taking control of the invitation process, you can ensure that you have a solid guest list for each party and minimize the risk of last-minute cancellations. This can also help you plan and manage your schedule more effectively, potentially leading to increased bookings and sales. Additionally, it can help establish clear expectations and boundaries with hosts, leading to a more professional and efficient business relationship.</p>

1. How often do parties get rescheduled by irresponsible hosts?

This is a common frustration for many consultants and can vary depending on individual experiences. Some consultants may rarely encounter rescheduling, while others may face it more frequently. It's important to communicate clearly with your hosts about your expectations and policies regarding rescheduling.

2. How should I handle a host who cancels multiple times?

The best approach is to have a conversation with the host and express your concerns. Let them know that rescheduling repeatedly can have a negative impact on your business and ask if there is anything you can do to help them keep their party on the scheduled date. You may also consider implementing a policy that allows for a certain number of reschedules before a party is canceled.

3. Should I consider sending invitations myself instead of relying on the host?

This is a personal decision that can depend on your individual business practices. Some consultants find success in sending their own invitations, while others prefer to have the host take on this responsibility. If you do decide to send invitations yourself, be sure to communicate this clearly with your hosts and have a system in place for collecting and organizing guest information.

4. Are there any potential drawbacks to sending invitations myself?

Sending invitations yourself can require more work and resources, such as stamps and time for mailing. It's important to weigh the potential benefits and drawbacks and decide what works best for your business and schedule. You may also want to consider implementing a deadline for receiving the guest list from the host to ensure you have enough time to send the invitations.

5. What are the long-term benefits of taking control of the invitation process?

By taking control of the invitation process, you can ensure that you have a solid guest list for each party and minimize the risk of last-minute cancellations. This can also help you plan and manage your schedule more effectively, potentially leading to increased bookings and sales. Additionally, it can help establish clear expectations and boundaries with hosts, leading to a more professional and efficient business relationship.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cat2000
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • melissaboyd
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies