• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Venting Frustration at Work: Avon vs Pampered Chef Catalogs

quality of the materials and construction, design features (such as how well the features are thought out and how well they work), and in the ability to offer a lifetime warranty.I shrugged and said, "That's a common misperception. If you compare TPC to Wally World, yes, we're expensive but that's an apples to oranges comparison. If you compare us to Williams-Sonoma, you'll find TPC is very, very competitive in the same level of the marketplace."He had no comeback for that, because he knows it's true.
Miss Cori
:mad:
I am at work, and this girl just gave me two avon catalogs. So I gave her a new PC catalog. She hasnt stopped complaining about prices. I told her to host a party to get some off but she is like NO WAY. How Rude! Just thought I could vent here Thanks for listening

That was rude! I don't like when people do that...

Cori that is rude, but unfortunately there are people out there like that.:(

Just tell her your best friend is a Mary Kay consultant. Hehehehehehe!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Just tell her your best friend is a Mary Kay consultant.

Hehehehehehe!

LMAO. Thats a good one.:D

The best part is she said she could get half of it at the dollar store. UGH

My sarcastic side would be....that stuff (in her brochure) is so cheap, it must not be any good!
But seriously, atleast she's looking at the catalog........and good for you for having catalogs on hand to give out to people!

Miss Cori said:
The best part is she said she could get half of it at the dollar store. UGH

Yeah, well, you get what you pay for. That crap will be broke in a week.

Wow
Miss Cori said:
:mad:
I am at work, and this girl just gave me two avon catalogs. So I gave her a new PC catalog. She hasnt stopped complaining about prices. I told her to host a party to get some off but she is like NO WAY. How Rude! Just thought I could vent here Thanks for listening

That is rude. How horrible and at work! I would definitely tell her that Avon and Pampered Chef are two totally different companies and if she complains about the prices in front of others I would be quick to speak up to defend my business. But that's just me.
I would be quick to tell her that she should see the prices of some well known brand name kitchen products. She would be blown away, compared to our prices. Our kitchen products are not junk, and you get what you pay for. Buy Walmart brand products and you will more than likely replace that tool two more times that year. Pampered Chef is for serious cooks who love to have quality products on hand when they are in the kitchen. It makes it easy for them to get in and out and clean up is a snap.
And yes I have had to say that to a few women at my shows and my own SIL! But now they know the difference.
In my opinion Avon is just a bunch of junk you can find at flea markets and dollar stores. The only time I purchased some Avon stuff was when my sister was trying to sell it for a hobby. Their prices aren't so cheap either for some things and not worth the price for other things.
Just my two cents! :p
Debbie :D

There's a reason a Yugo sold for less than a Lexus.Q: What do you call a Yugo with dual exhaust?
A: A wheelbarrow.A guy walks into a parts store and says, "I'd like a gas cap for a Yugo." The counter man thinks for a minute and says, "Sounds like a fair trade to me!"

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
There's a reason a Yugo sold for less than a Lexus.

Q: What do you call a Yugo with dual exhaust?
A: A wheelbarrow.

A guy walks into a parts store and says, "I'd like a gas cap for a Yugo." The counter man thinks for a minute and says, "Sounds like a fair trade to me!"

OMG Stop Im gonna get caught laughing

I recently had such a discussion with a guy who is a serious cook. He doesn't know it yet, but he's on my suspect list to be a consultant - based on his immediate reaction to learning that I am a consultant. "My problem has always been that TPC has quality items but they're so overpriced."I shrugged and said, "That's a common misperception. If you compare TPC to Wally World, yes, we're expensive but that's an apples to oranges comparison. If you compare us to Williams-Sonoma, you'll find TPC is very, very competitive in the same level of the marketplace."He had no comeback for that, because he knows it's true. Right after our roasting pan came out, I went to Williams-Sonoma to try to find something comparable. They had a nearly identical pan except it was made from a light guage aluminum, non-stick inside only and it had thinner handles. The pan deflected when the handles were twisted and the bottom of the pan bottom oil-canned. It was also $25.00 higher in price than ours.In an apples to apples comparison, we often, but not always, win price comparisons. We almost always win warranty comparisons. In an apples to oranges comparison, we win in quality and warranties but we will always, always lose in price. Frankly, I'm glad we do. I don't want customers who buy on price only comparisons. I want clients who are educated consumers.

Miss Cori said:
OMG Stop Im gonna get caught laughing
My ex-wife ran off with my old neighbor. I kinda miss him.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I shrugged and said, "That's a common misperception. If you compare TPC to Wally World, yes, we're expensive but that's an apples to oranges comparison. If you compare us to Williams-Sonoma, you'll find TPC is very, very competitive in the same level of the marketplace."

Thanks for that concept! I don't often get the complaint (or am I just good at ignoring it?) that our stuff is too expensive but I know now what I'll say the next time I hear such comment.

Steal the line out of my sig line, too. Maybe Darby should put that on a button?I have a pair of Allen-Edmonds shoes that I bought in 1987, and even though I bought them at the factory outlet, they were still $129, which, in 1987, was a lot of money for a pair of shoes. (A comparable model sells for $275 today, at the outlet, for comparison.) I had them re-crafted a few years ago for another $100.Now, I probably could have gone to the Shoe Whorehouse and bought something that looked similar, for 20 bucks. Of course, I'd need to buy another pair the next year and the next year and the next year...next year's model at SW won't look the same, nor will they fit as well or be as comfortable, and every year they'll go up at least five bucks in price. But for simpicity's sake, 20 years, 20 bucks a year, well, you can do the math.Let the cheapies go to the dollar store. They get exactly what they deserve.

Last edited:
Also, check out Ann's stats on the catalog - print a list of everything under $10 for her!!!! :)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Steal the line out of my sig line, too. Maybe Darby should put that on a button?

Good idea!

I am from a long line of wally-world shoppers, and BELIEVE ME, I am a bargain hunter! I don't pay full price for ANYTHING (thus I'm a consultant!) But one of the gifts I've gotten from PC is the ability to recognize that oftentimes, you get what you pay for!

I also learned that when I bought a pair of dress shoes last minute for $80. I didn't have time to screw around with Target and all that jazz and went to Carson's. They're the most comfy heels I've ever owned (if that makes any sense!)

Sometimes it's okay to buy the cheap stuff. You don't use it often or you don't require good performance out of things, then it's okay. When I buy cheap stuff, I half expect it to break before I'm done using it!

We actually get complaints like that around here - Cheeseheads are notoriously cheap. Not frugal, which is different, but cheap. Milwaukee has traditionally been a test market for many new products - if the cheapskates around here will pony up to buy something, everyone else will, too.The first go-round of McDonald's pressed meat sandwich masquarading as bar-b-que ribs was rolled out here, and it worked, so it was sold elsewhere. However, if you can show someone value for the bucks you're asking, you can make the sale. Sometimes, though, you're just going to get someone who makes Humberto Cruz look like a spendthrift. There's not much you can do with them.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
We actually get complaints like that around here - Cheeseheads are notoriously cheap. Not frugal, which is different, but cheap. Milwaukee has traditionally been a test market for many new products - if the cheapskates around here will pony up to buy something, everyone else will, too.

The first go-round of McDonald's pressed meat sandwich masquarading as bar-b-que ribs was rolled out here, and it worked, so it was sold elsewhere.

However, if you can show someone value for the bucks you're asking, you can make the sale. Sometimes, though, you're just going to get someone who makes Humberto Cruz look like a spendthrift. There's not much you can do with them.

Ah, forgot about the McRib trial... :) LOL! That's been a few years (...and I'm not that old, well at least not as old as you!)... ;)

The McRib is a sandwich from McDonald's made from boneless pork and barbecue sauce on a bun, with onions and pickles added. It was developed at the University of Nebraska at Lincoln.[citation needed] The sandwich test-marketed very well in Nebraska and other Midwestern markets and was added to the restaurant's permanent menu throughout the United States in 1981.[citation needed] Sales were mediocre, and it was removed after several years, only to be brought back on a temporary basis every year since. Numerous inconclusive explanations based on pork prices and even conspiracy theories have been suggested to explain the McRib's periodic reappearances.

McRib
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And, of course, if it's on the Internet, it must be true, right?:DI wonder who wrote that entry?

McNasty.

Nuff said.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
And, of course, if it's on the Internet, it must be true, right?

:D

I wonder who wrote that entry?

Hmm... :)

I do remember when it came out because Milwaukee and Racine were test markets and then when it "recame out". I worked at McD's in 1989 (for a whole 3 months mind you...if it was any more I would have lost my mind) and it was "seasonal" at that time.

Hey KG - check out the "finally changed the outlet thread"...I had a timely KG style joke and everyone missed it... :(

thechefofnorthbend said:
McNasty.

Nuff said.

Agreed - tried it once - and ONLY once in its 26 year life span as a sandwich!

Remember the McDLT? That was about as brilliant a marketing effort as New Coke but Ronald was able to bail out quickly enough that no one noticed.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Remember the McDLT? That was about as brilliant a marketing effort as New Coke but Ronald was able to bail out quickly enough that no one noticed.

Yes, and the double cartons...the hot stays hot and the cold stays cold...

Wow I worked at McDonalds for 2 years and have no clue what you all are talking about. Thats sad

Miss Cori said:
Wow I worked at McDonalds for 2 years and have no clue what you all are talking about. Thats sad

Funny...they were mainly 80's trends... ...the McDLT is kind of the Big N' Tasty now...

Funny...to me, NOTHING is Big N Tasty at McD's. Used to like their fries, now even those are icky.

Aw, the Big N Tasty is my fav, and I THOUGHT it reminded me of the McDLT...

I was working at Mc's when the McDLT came out...didn't stick around too long. Darby, I TOTALLY agree about McD's fries being not good like they used to be. I think it has something to do with the oil they are using now, but not sure. McD's used to have THE BEST french fries, now they suck.
But yes, I remember the DLT...also remember when they brought Biscuits into their breakfast menu. Oh, the memories....................

Oh my, we're on such a tangent I forgot what poor Cori was mad at!

Sorry Cori, but it's been fun to reminisce!

Fries used to be good - now tend to be more soggy...I always used to eat them with Sweet and Sour sauce. :)
I'm less and less into McD's over the years - only go now because my daughter is addicted to cheeseburgers with only ketchup and son can down more chicken nuggets than I can count for a 3 year old! He out-eats me!

...just checked back...Avon was the issue... :) Now it is McD's. :)

HA HA HA...Janet - I used to dip my fries in sweetnsour sauce too...still do somtimes...that is too funny!

yep, Cori was mad at the Avon lady whining about high $$ for PC products.

BTW - I agree with KG saying you should tell her your best friend sells MK!

One thing I don't like about Avon is that they compete with their own consultants - I can't respect businesses that do that How would ou like to pay for new catalogs every too week also!

did you give her the avon catalogs back? i probably would have! but i'm mean like that! :D

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I recently had such a discussion with a guy who is a serious cook. He doesn't know it yet, but he's on my suspect list to be a consultant - based on his immediate reaction to learning that I am a consultant. "My problem has always been that TPC has quality items but they're so overpriced."

I shrugged and said, "That's a common misperception. If you compare TPC to Wally World, yes, we're expensive but that's an apples to oranges comparison. If you compare us to Williams-Sonoma, you'll find TPC is very, very competitive in the same level of the marketplace."

He had no comeback for that, because he knows it's true.

Right after our roasting pan came out, I went to Williams-Sonoma to try to find something comparable. They had a nearly identical pan except it was made from a light guage aluminum, non-stick inside only and it had thinner handles. The pan deflected when the handles were twisted and the bottom of the pan bottom oil-canned. It was also $25.00 higher in price than ours.

In an apples to apples comparison, we often, but not always, win price comparisons. We almost always win warranty comparisons. In an apples to oranges comparison, we win in quality and warranties but we will always, always lose in price.

Frankly, I'm glad we do. I don't want customers who buy on price only comparisons. I want clients who are educated consumers.

VERY WELL PUT, KG!! You can be serious at times;) Seriously that is an awesome comeback; I'm going to have to remember that.
And, have you guys looked at a TW book lately? I know their plastic stuff is cool; but their "knockoff" stuff, like can opener & knives, ice cream scoop...those are way more expensive than ours...

lacychef said:
VERY WELL PUT, KG!! You can be serious at times;)
Don't tell anybody - I wouldn't want to tarnish my reputation.

Everyone here is correct about Mickey D's fries. They were the best when they were fried in tallow, but they had so many protests from do-gooders that they caved in and switched to all veggie oils.

They also used to have the absolute best marketing and advertising, it was widely respected along with Coca-Cola. That is no longer true, I don't know if I'm just getting old and McDonald's is no longer marketing to my demographic or if the new marketing and advertising is really as awful as I think it is. Maybe a little of both - but "I'm Lovin' It?" Changing with the times is not always changing for the better.

Have you also noticed that Burger King is backing away from the king character? I'm not sure that the burger family is an improvement.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Have you also noticed that Burger King is backing away from the king character? I'm not sure that the burger family is an improvement.

I should hope so - that guy is just creepy and scary...not only to my kids, but too me! :eek:

I'm hungry for a taco this morning! Oh well, better get back to work!

janetupnorth said:
I should hope so - that guy is just creepy and scary...not only to my kids, but too me! :eek:
The Burger King and the digital re-creation of Orville Redenbacher have been pretty thoroughly discussed up here already.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
The Burger King and the digital re-creation of Orville Redenbacher have been pretty thoroughly discussed up here already.

Ah, funny - came right after that time...

pcchris said:
HA HA HA...Janet - I used to dip my fries in sweetnsour sauce too...still do somtimes...that is too funny!

yep, Cori was mad at the Avon lady whining about high $$ for PC products.

BTW - I agree with KG saying you should tell her your best friend sells MK!

Here is a treat...

French fries dipped in......................

a vanilla shake!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :p :p :p :p

Darby, that doesn't appeal to me at all. I do like to dip french fries in shrimp sauce, though. (Take THAT autocensor!)

pcchris said:
HA HA HA...Janet - I used to dip my fries in sweetnsour sauce too...still do somtimes...that is too funny! yep, Cori was mad at the Avon lady whining about high $$ for PC products. BTW - I agree with KG saying you should tell her your best friend sells MK!
I can go one better - I live with a MK Consultant! Drop me an e-mail and I'll introduce you to The Kat Lady. (Her director is one of my oldest and staunchest show hosts, too!)

thechefofnorthbend said:
Here is a treat...

French fries dipped in......................

a vanilla shake! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :p :p :p :p

Then you should probably try (if you haven't already) potato chips in your vanilla ice cream. One of my dad's concoctions.

How about a Hershey bar and a beer?The taste justaposition of sweet and bitter is most interesting!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
How about a Hershey bar and a beer?

The taste justaposition of sweet and bitter is most interesting!

I don't know about that one, but I'm not a huge beer or milk chocolate fan.

My dad makes a sandwich that, as a child, I thought was completely vile. Then one day, it sounded good to me (and no, I wasn't pregnant) so I had to try it. Peanut butter, ketchup and bologna with american cheese. :eek:

Just let this one it sink into your subconscious and percolate there. . .one day you may find yourself making one. They are good! (Of course your cardiologist would not agree):rolleyes: .

Summer sausage on raisin toast with mayo and lettuce.YUM!

<H2>1. How can I deal with coworkers who constantly complain about prices in our catalogs?</H2><p>One way to handle this situation is to calmly explain the benefits of hosting a party to get discounts on products. You can also offer to help them find alternative, more affordable options within the catalog. If the complaining continues, it may be best to politely change the subject or speak to a supervisor for further guidance.</p><H2>2. Is venting about work-related frustrations appropriate in the workplace?</H2><p>Venting can be a healthy way to release stress, but it's important to be mindful of your surroundings and to maintain a professional demeanor. It may be best to vent to a trusted friend outside of work or to find a private space where you can express your frustrations without disrupting the workplace.</p><H2>3. How can I effectively communicate with a coworker who is being rude about products in our catalog?</H2><p>It's important to remain calm and professional in all interactions with coworkers. If a coworker is being rude about products in the catalog, try to understand their perspective and address any concerns they may have. You can also offer to provide more information or assistance to help them find products that meet their needs and budget.</p><H2>4. What are some tips for promoting products and encouraging coworkers to host parties?</H2><p>One effective way to promote products and encourage coworkers to host parties is to lead by example. Share your own positive experiences with hosting parties and the benefits you have received. You can also offer incentives or rewards for coworkers who host parties, such as discounts or free products.</p><H2>5. How can I handle a coworker who is not interested in hosting a party and continues to complain about prices?</H2><p>If a coworker is not interested in hosting a party and continues to complain about prices, it may be best to politely acknowledge their concerns and then redirect the conversation to a different topic. You can also suggest alternative ways for them to save on products, such as joining a customer rewards program or taking advantage of special promotions.</p>

Related to Venting Frustration at Work: Avon vs Pampered Chef Catalogs

1. How can I deal with coworkers who constantly complain about prices in our catalogs?

One way to handle this situation is to calmly explain the benefits of hosting a party to get discounts on products. You can also offer to help them find alternative, more affordable options within the catalog. If the complaining continues, it may be best to politely change the subject or speak to a supervisor for further guidance.

2. Is venting about work-related frustrations appropriate in the workplace?

Venting can be a healthy way to release stress, but it's important to be mindful of your surroundings and to maintain a professional demeanor. It may be best to vent to a trusted friend outside of work or to find a private space where you can express your frustrations without disrupting the workplace.

3. How can I effectively communicate with a coworker who is being rude about products in our catalog?

It's important to remain calm and professional in all interactions with coworkers. If a coworker is being rude about products in the catalog, try to understand their perspective and address any concerns they may have. You can also offer to provide more information or assistance to help them find products that meet their needs and budget.

4. What are some tips for promoting products and encouraging coworkers to host parties?

One effective way to promote products and encourage coworkers to host parties is to lead by example. Share your own positive experiences with hosting parties and the benefits you have received. You can also offer incentives or rewards for coworkers who host parties, such as discounts or free products.

5. How can I handle a coworker who is not interested in hosting a party and continues to complain about prices?

If a coworker is not interested in hosting a party and continues to complain about prices, it may be best to politely acknowledge their concerns and then redirect the conversation to a different topic. You can also suggest alternative ways for them to save on products, such as joining a customer rewards program or taking advantage of special promotions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
AJPratt
Replies
Views
sherri lynn
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224