• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My 14 Year Old Cousin Asked Me Tongiht if She Could Bring Her Friend

In summary, the conversation revolves around a 14 year old cousin asking to bring a friend while babysitting a 2 year old on Saturday night. Some people think it's okay, while others think it's not a good idea and can be distracting for the sitter. It ultimately comes down to the comfort level of the parent and what they feel is best for their child. Some have had positive experiences with sitters bringing friends, while others have had negative experiences. It's important to trust one's gut and make the decision that is best for the child's safety and well-being.
SandiLeigh
My 14 year old cousin asked me tongiht if she could bring her friend over with her while babysitting my 2 year old on Saturday night.

I don't think this is okay, but just curious what everyone else thiks and if you have encountered this situation before?

Thanks

I have a 3 year old and if a sitter asked me if she could bring a friend, I would say no way! My ds is a handful enough and if the sitter was busy with her friend and not paying attention, well, let's just say the house would be destroyed. Go with your gut.

I know that when I was 14 and babysitting I brought friends so I could ignore the child. Hence the reason why I will never have a 14 yo watch my child!Say NO!!!

I let my sitter bring friends! If they aren't here with her she is on the phone with them, pick your poison! Plus maybe she gets bored or scared at your house at night.

I have a sitter who is afraid to be alone at night and I let her bring a friend too. I have a 1 and 2 year old so they split the money and the duties as well.
I check with the parents and have the girls parents check in on them as well.
I have never had a problem, but you have to go with what you feel comfortable with.

I started babysitting when I was 12 years old- granted that was 24 years ago, but I on occassion was able to bring a friend along, and we had more fun playing with the chilren together, and the child got more attention. I guess it depends on whether or not you believe your cousin does care for your child when she does come over to watch- if not, maybe a friend would be a distraction, or maybe once your munchkin goes to sleep she get's scared or lonely?

I was never on the phone! I did eat a lot of their food though! :)

For one child, I would probably say no. When I was in jr high a friend and I babysat together but it was for a family with 4 children.
I would think with one child and 2 babysitters, the babysitters would be a lot more occupied with entertaining each other rather than the child.

Okay, so maybe I was the really bad kid back then!:eek: :eek:

I am having a hard time with it. My gut is telling me no. Mostly because I hear stuff about this girl that I don't entirely like, and I am not 100% happy with her even being my cousin's friend. However, that is neither here nor there.

I guess it comes down to what I feel is best for my son and at this time if I am not comfortable with it I probably wont' enjoy my night out with my husband.

I sometimes forget that I am 16 years older than these girls and I am a mother and its okay for me to set the rules for my own family. Its funny even when I am at the mall those teenagers intimidate me, especially when they are in packs.

SandiLeigh said:
I am having a hard time with it. My gut is telling me no. Mostly because I hear stuff about this girl that I don't entirely like, and I am not 100% happy with her even being my cousin's friend. However, that is neither here nor there.

I guess it comes down to what I feel is best for my son and at this time if I am not comfortable with it I probably wont' enjoy my night out with my husband.

I sometimes forget that I am 16 years older than these girls and I am a mother and its okay for me to set the rules for my own family. Its funny even when I am at the mall those teenagers intimidate me, especially when they are in packs.

I totally agree with you!!! For me it's because I was that A**hole teenager at the mall intimidating people. :( :(

I think you have to go with your gut feeling on this one! :)

If you do let the friend come make sure to hide the booze and prescription drugs!
Not saying your cuz in particular does this stuff, but you see crazy things on the news about what teenagers are up to!

SandiLeigh said:

That makes things different! If the friend can't be trusted as much as the sitter, no way!

Gotta go with your gut. You are the mom and you set the rules - if your cousin doesn't like it you can find someone else. And if you don't trust the friend that should be a big red flag. She's 14 - she is just testing the waters if you say no she will likely be fine with it. I would ask why she wants her to come - if she is scared after dark you'll need to address that.

Well I have two children 2 and 4yo and I always let my sitters bring a friend. My kids are very active and wouldn't let the sitters goof off. I only pay the official sitter tho!

I live in a small community so I guess I would never think of some of the sinerios (sp) that were listed above, WOW!

Since it's your cousin what does her parents say.

Related to My 14 Year Old Cousin Asked Me Tongiht if She Could Bring Her Friend

1. Can my 14 year old cousin bring her friend to the Pampered Chef party?

Yes, children are welcome to attend Pampered Chef parties as long as they are accompanied by an adult.

2. Is there an age limit for guests at Pampered Chef parties?

No, there is no age limit for guests. We welcome all ages to attend and enjoy the party.

3. Will there be activities for younger guests at the Pampered Chef party?

Yes, we offer fun and interactive cooking activities for guests of all ages at our parties.

4. Can my 14 year old cousin's friend participate in the cooking activities at the party?

Yes, all guests are welcome to participate in the cooking activities at the party.

5. Is there a cost for my 14 year old cousin's friend to attend the Pampered Chef party?

No, there is no additional cost for guests to attend the party. However, if they would like to purchase any Pampered Chef products, they will need to bring money for that.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefheidi2003
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • pattikake
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • ptejhe