• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Technical Question on Feb / Mar Consultant Promo

In summary, the speaker is discussing the difficulties of getting a show to qualify for multiple consultant promotions due to the strict rules and timelines. They suggest coaching the host to close the show on the night of the event and reminding them to have outside orders ready to ensure timely submission. The speaker also expresses the challenge of being firm with hosts while maintaining a good relationship.
mkcook
Gold Member
I wasn't sure where I could post, so I hope this is okay. I have a show Feb 28 which I'm sure won't close for a couple of days later. I doubt I have enough sales to get anything free from the Jan / Feb consultant promo but I am interested in the March promo. Host 2 shows and submit Mar 1 - 15 and then $1,250 in com sales from March 1 - 30.

I just got off the phone with PC - which because of their problems with the debit card issues she was not very friendly at all and didn't know anything - tried to tell me there was no Jan / Feb consultant promo and when I told her yes there was - she just read the flyer that I am capible of reading and told me my show would not count for either because the show has to be hosted and submitted the same month.

My question is - Of course the host wants the Feb host special 60% off - but if I submit it in March - does that show not count towards the Jan / Feb consultant promo nor the March consultant promo? That just doesn't seem fair for us.

She did let me know that I would have my commision. Oh wow thanks - I guess if she could she would try to take that away as well. Any suggestions on how to make the show count for March?

She was right. It's a Feb show so even if it's submitted in March it does not count towards the March incentive. March incentive is shows HELD and SUBMITTED. If you want the show to count for March then you should hold it in March.

I see this is your first post - how about an introduction :)

You need to read the fine print on the promotions.

They usually say "held and submittted" in a particular time period.

The Jan/Feb promotion is for sales held and submitted in Jan and Feb.

The March promotions are for sales held and submitted in March.

If you can't get a show in during the time frame stated on the flyers it doesn't count. They make no exceptions.

If you want it to count for the Feb promo, it has to be submitted in FEb.The March promo is for shows HELD and SUBMITTED.Always read the fine print at the bottom of the flyers.

I think she understood that, but is just saying that it doesn't seem fair. I tend to agree, it sucks to have a show not count for either promotion. It can be hard to get a show to close when you'd like it to for a promotion, when it is at the end of a month.

And yes, I know you can be "firmer" with your hosts, but they aren't always cooperative!

Last edited:
I agree Annie - when the EOM falls on a weekend too (since they are such popular dates) ....I do wish they'd give a couple of days to get them submitted in that situation.

One more thing - this show is still over 3 weeks away, you have time to coach her that you will need to close the show that night. Tell her that she needs to have her out-side orders ready by the day of the show. I tell my hosts that once we set a day to close, then for getting OOs, it is easy to stick to it. I tell them that it doesn't matter if it is 3 days before, day of, or 3 days after theshow, if someone is going to do it, they will do it, so keeping the show open longer doesn't usually help, if you have already given them a deadline and a reminder of that deadline.

This can be harder if you have to tell a host right before her show that you want/need to close day of, but this far out it shouldn't be a problem. Just reminder to that it ensures that her guests get their orders in a timely manner.

AnnieBee said:
I think she understood that, but is just saying that it doesn't seem fair. I tend to agree, it sucks to have a show not count for either promotion. I agree! It can be hard to get a show to close when you'd like it to for a promotion, when it is at the end of a month.

And yes, I know you can be "firmer" with your hosts, but they aren't always cooperative!

Thank you Annie - yes, I understood. Was just hoping there was a way "around" it. Shows are hard enough to get. I'm not going to be firmer and have her not want to host another show with me and her not want to encourage her friends to book a show with me. (She had a small one in Dec. for the host special and this one is her big one, I got her name from her sister which had a show in Nov and wants to do another "big" show this Spring) Short of a catch 22. There are other consultants in my area so I try extremly hard to show my customer service relation as a asset to them.

I have been closing my show's the night/day of them and it is have worked out beautifully. My host's and guest's are estactic with how quickly they are receiving their products. I haven't had one person complain that it wasn't going to be open for a little while longer. I coach from the very beginning that the show will close that day. I even include it in my letter to them.

It makes it so I don't have to worry about the promotion deadlines and I know when I will be paid. :)

I do have time for that but I'm not too concerned with the Jan / Feb promo. I don't think I will have enough sales to even earn level 1. I'm in the middle of taxes so the time for calling and booking shows just does not exist. I was just hoping since the show would be submitted in March that I could use it for the March count. In May my town is having Relay for Life and I will host a booth. I was wanting the PC pink for the booth if I could get it for free!:p

Even if you get your host to close the same night - you still don't have time to even get to the bank to make the deposit if the show is the last few days of the month (and on a weekend). I like to atleast have the checks DEPOSITED before I close a show. I have had 2 bounced checks in the last 3 months!

That is why I would LOVE a 5-day grace to submit a show and have it count for the previous month for consultant incentives. Oh well.

My director sent an e-mail to HO about the frustration of the website not letting you have the show closing date be the same date of the show. She mentioned how not having the extra 5 days makes it hard to get those last day of the month shows submitted in time to count for promotion/incentives. This was their response:"I’m sorry that you’re feeling disappointed about the promotional submission deadline of the 5th being removed. Yes, we worked with a 5th deadline starting in 2007 and concluding in early 2008. There were many factors that were considered in removing the extra five days as we received feedback from Consultants. Although it worked well for a Consultant to personally take advantage of closing an end of the month show later, it was not very successful for other areas of the business such as Cluster sales requirements, active status etc. This would then cause a negative domino effect to the other aspects of the business. Yes, Consultant received their sales promotion by submitting sales by the 5th but a Director may have lost their Directorship by not having all their cluster sales submitted by the last day of the month. It was also hard for Consultants to understand that submitting their sales by the 5th could earn them a promotional item but they actually went inactive by not submitting sales by the end of the month. A month end date provides a consistent date for all requirements.The intent is not to cause more stress for you or the host but to simplify the various deadlines. I hope this helps with the rationale of the promotions going back to a month end close. If you have any questions please let me know."

I see the frustration, but I understand where PC is coming from - I just think they should take out the "HELD" put of the "Held & Submitted" because you have shows that won't qualify for either! I work hard for my shows, do several give aways for each to get the sales up for the host - it would just be nice to have the show qualify for SOMETHING - ANY month - not just be a ZERO.

mkcook said:
...I just think they should take out the "HELD" put of the "Held & Submitted" because you have shows that won't qualify for either! ....

They used to have that. Consultants would HOLD shows over and submit them on the first of the month to get the incentive...imagine that :eek:

That's what the promos were when I signed, and I know a lot of consultants who would hold 2 weeks of shows until the next month, so that they could earn something.The incentives are a BONUS for us. We still get paid on shows that don't count toward any incentives (and they'll still count toward the year-long incentive and TPC, anyway).

Maybe offer your Host something "extra" if she closes on Feb 28th. Be upfront and tell her it is to help you with something you are trying to earn! Most Hosts are glad to do that. It would probably take 5-10 minutes to tell her that. Try to squeeze that in somewhere...maybe DVR the TV show to watch later so you can talk to her or if you don't have a DVR or DVD or whatever, just find that 10 minutes. I am finding time I "waste" that could be used better and those little 5-10 minutes windows help!

I agree to let her in on your goals. I went to a show on the 31st with my director and she had told her host she'd really like to get the show submitted that day because of the double points for Disney. During the show a couple guests asked when the show was closing and the host said, "tonight, without a doubt, guys...she's going to Disney!" They were all excited to help her earn double points and no one had an issue with closing that day. She had 4 or 5 bookings, too. They really do like to help you if they know what they're helping you with!

She could care less if the party closes in Feb. She wants the March incentive.

What I would suggest you do is work hard this week and next trying to book an early March party. There is plenty of time to take advantage of the special/incentive. Just because this show won't count doesn't mean you are out of luck. Keep working your business and you'll reach those incentives you are working toward!!

Hopefully you will get March bookings from that show. Just be sure to ask everyone at checkout and try using the Bookings Slide. :)

Chef Kearns said:
She could care less if the party closes in Feb. She wants the March incentive.

What I would suggest you do is work hard this week and next trying to book an early March party. There is plenty of time to take advantage of the special/incentive. Just because this show won't count doesn't mean you are out of luck. Keep working your business and you'll reach those incentives you are working toward!!

Ok I'm an accountant working 75 + hours at a CPA firm (it's tax season! :yuck:) I am also taking 4 college classes (2 on the internet which are a lot harder). Plus . . . -I'll just stop there - I'm already working hard - just at this point and time can't work hard for PC.

I'll just do what I can and not worry with the rest. It would be nice to have the freebie stuff but right now is not the time for me to be full time at PC, as much as I love the products.

Thanks for all the inputs - lunch break over so I best start on a new tax return! :cry:

1. What is the current promotion for consultants in February/March?

The current promotion for consultants in February/March is the "Technical Question" promotion. Consultants have the opportunity to earn extra rewards by hosting a virtual Facebook party and answering technical questions from customers during the party.

2. How long does the "Technical Question" promotion last?

The "Technical Question" promotion runs from February 1st to March 31st, giving consultants a full two months to participate and earn rewards.

3. How do I participate in the "Technical Question" promotion?

To participate in the "Technical Question" promotion, consultants must host a virtual Facebook party during the months of February and March and actively answer technical questions from customers during the party. Consultants must also submit a form with the party details to be eligible for rewards.

4. What are the rewards for participating in the "Technical Question" promotion?

Consultants can earn extra rewards for participating in the "Technical Question" promotion, including free products, discounts on future purchases, and even a free trip to Pampered Chef's annual conference.

5. Can I participate in the "Technical Question" promotion if I am new to Pampered Chef?

Yes, the "Technical Question" promotion is open to all consultants, regardless of their tenure with Pampered Chef. It's a great opportunity for new consultants to jumpstart their business and earn extra rewards while gaining experience hosting Facebook parties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Cat2000
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cmdtrgd
  • General Chat
Replies