1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: New consultant - no kit enhancement

1. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

One of my new consultants emailed me last night about the April Kit Enhancement. She went inactive March 1st and then reactivated March 13. Since she didn't submit anything in February, she is not eligible. I felt bad telling her that but I copied the information straight out of the consultant guide and emailed it to her.

Mar 19, 2009
  2. Symara

Symara Member Gold Member

how long has she been new? Has she done her 4 months yet? She can get one then...

I get one in both April and May!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
    Mar 19, 2009
  3. wadesgirl

She started in November but never did anything until March. She wouldn't have been elegible either since she was never active.

Mar 19, 2009
  4. Mel92504

Mel92504 Member Gold Member

I'm still fairly new myself, so I want to make sure that I'm understanding this completely...

I signed in Sept 08, qualified within my first 30 days, have remained active (though I did not submit anything in Jan or Feb...got a sales waiver) & I will be submitting 2 shows this month. Does this mean that I cannot take advantage of KEM because I did not submit anything in Feb???:cry:

Please bear with me as I'm still trying to fully understand all there is to this business:)

Mar 19, 2009
  5. pcsharon1

pcsharon1 Veteran Member Gold Member

I think you should be fine because you were never inactive...........but I don't have the consultant guide in front of me, so someone will need to verify this for me.

Mar 19, 2009
  6. myinnerchef

myinnerchef Member Gold Member

A sales waiver is different than going inactive. I think you're OK.

Mar 19, 2009
  7. wadesgirl

The rules change as of April 1st. Look it up on the Policy and Procedures online. It's on page 10 - I remember that. You have to look at the most recent one though, there is still one that says all consultants are eligible. The new ones states something about being active three consecutive months before the KE. I think it's Jan-Feb-March or Feb-March-April.

Mar 19, 2009
  8. Mel92504

Yup...you were right..Pg 10 of the Consultant Policy Guide:

KIT ENHANCEMENT
    To place a Kit enhancement order submit your orders via
    PamperedPartner® Plus or send a sales receipt with payment
    to the Home Office .

All active and new Consultants may purchase products
    from the entire line at a 40% discount during Kit
    enhancement month, which occurs every year in April .

Consultants and Senior Consultants must be active
    for 3 consecutive months
    in order to submit a Kit
    enhancement order .

For Example: For April Kit enhancement, Consultants
    and Senior Consultants can be active January - March
    or February - April . In the second case, at least $150
    in personal commissionable sales must be submitted in
    April prior to submitting a Kit enhancement order .

So the way I'm reading it...I should be okay because I never went inactive...right?:confused::):):)

Mar 19, 2009
  9. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

Right.

I hope that HO will clarify that new policy for this year's KE month. Because it wasn't specifically announced, I foresee many consultants, who missed the 3-month window by one month, protesting. It would be nice to see an exception for this year.

Mar 19, 2009
  10. Mel92504

thanks so much! Sometimes it takes me to have say it out loud before I really get it...a blonde moment I guess (I' m a brunette by the way...lol...:smile:)

Mar 19, 2009
  11. ChefLoriG

ChefLoriG Advanced Member Gold Member

I believe that KE this April will not follow the new rules (check with HO to make sure). But next year, everyone has to submit Jan, Feb Mar, to be able to take advantage of KE. If you think about it, it makes sense. If you aren't "active" you certainly don't need to enhance your kit.

Mar 19, 2009
  12. Laurt

Laurt

Hello everybody,
    I know there has been some confusion about the KH this year. I found the following under the FAQ section of the New Career Plan page on CC. It looks like this year they are waiving the 3 months of being active rule. I think it is great idea. I had a bad January and February but I am back on the wagon now and reactivated in March. I absolutely need to enhance my kit even though I was not "active". Hope this helps everyone.
    ~Lauren

Transition for active / inactive on April 1
    Any Consultant (of any level) who is active on April 1 (under the current career plan rules) will be eligible to place April kit enhancement orders, as well as personal orders and product samples.

For April 2009 Kit Enhancement, the three consecutive months of activity requirement will be waived for these Consultants.

Any Consultant (of any level) whose status is inactive on April 1 (under the current career plan rules) must first submit at least $150 in personal commissionable sales to become eligible to place personal orders or to purchase new product samples.

For April 2009 Kit Enhancement, these Consultants must submit at least $150 in personal commissionable sales by April 25 in order to place an April Kit Enhancement order

Mar 30, 2009
  13. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

Thanks for clearing that up. I am active for February (had a show cancel on me at the 11th hour) and I have a small show that I purposely am waiting to submit until April 1 so it counts under the new plan.

I do not have any plans of purchasing anything under kit enhancement but I do have a promotion going for a discount of up to 40, so it will come in handy.

Have something to add?