• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why is Paige Dixon from The Pampered Chef making national headlines?

In summary, Paige Dixon, a Consultant from Colorado, went missing last year and her disappearance is being investigated by law enforcement. The CBS program 48 Hours is scheduled to air a show tonight about Paige and is promoting the show as “The Secret Life of Paige Birgfeld,” referring to Paige by her maiden name. The Pampered Chef was not contacted by 48 Hours or law enforcement agencies, and we do not know the content of the segment other than what’s been advertised. We simply want to make you aware, because Consultants who see the show may
janetupnorth
Gold Member
A News Update for Executive Directors

of The Pampered Chef

(630) 261-8900 phone

(630) 261-8588 Fax

ExecuFlash

One Pampered Chef Lane, Addison, IL 60101-5630

from Jean Jonas, Senior Vice President, Sales

Please feel free to share this with your downline.

Hello,

I want to make you aware of national news coverage regarding one of our Consultants. Paige Dixon, a Consultant from Colorado, went missing last year, and her disappearance is being investigated by law enforcement. The CBS program 48 Hours is scheduled to air a show tonight about Paige and is promoting the show as “The Secret Life of Paige Birgfeld,” referring to Paige by her maiden name.

The Pampered Chef was not contacted by 48 Hours or law enforcement agencies, and we do not know the content of the segment other than what’s been advertised. We simply want to make you aware, because Consultants who see the show may be concerned. Please assure them that our thoughts and prayers are with Paige and her family, and we continue to hope for her safe return home.

If you receive any inquires from the media, please refer them to Andria Rosell in Corporate Communications at 630-792-7610 or [email protected].

If some of your Consultants know Paige, you may want to forward this communication to them so that they’re prepared.

The Pampered Chef is a registered trademark

Wow - a year later....PC is acknowledging Paige's disappearance.....

ChefBeckyD said:
Wow - a year later....PC is acknowledging Paige's disappearance.....
I think it is due to being contacted by the media. Which means PC will be mentioned! Hopefully in a positive light. Oh wait, they WERE NOT contacted...interesting...

Maybe KG could forward that letter Jaime wrote so they would understand where she was coming from much more than they would if they just learn everything from that news segment...

Wow! Finally!

Darn! I saw the title and thought there was some "real" news on her! My heart skipped a few beats!

BTW- yes...this is news. Didn't mean to rain on your post, Janet!

I was just hoping they found her, is all....

KellyTheChef said:
BTW- yes...this is news. Didn't mean to rain on your post, Janet!

I was just hoping they found her, is all....

No problem Kelly, just don't flood it like all of SE WI!!!! Did you guys see the houses in the Dells being washed away...

Reminds me of a verse and song... "The wise man built his house upon the rock...:sing: "

I'm glad they are finally sending out something.

Um... HO was contacted - last year. KG has more details about it, but someone did contact HO. Maybe that info wasn't passed along, but the statement that "The Pampered Chef was not contacted by 48 Hours or law enforcement agencies" is not entirely accurate.It's nice to see that they're FINALLY acknowledging this situation. But (IMO) this information would be better distributed to consultants through the Tuesday Newswire, as some Executives do not forward the Execuflash information to their downlines (I know that the only time I see them is when they're posted here).

chefann said:
Um... HO was contacted - last year. KG has more details about it, but someone did contact HO. Maybe that info wasn't passed along, but the statement that "The Pampered Chef was not contacted by 48 Hours or law enforcement agencies" is not entirely accurate.

It's nice to see that they're FINALLY acknowledging this situation. But (IMO) this information would be better distributed to consultants through the Tuesday Newswire, as some Executives do not forward the Execuflash information to their downlines (I know that the only time I see them is when they're posted here).

That is very true! Many, many don't. I'm glad mine passes most on that say, "Feel free to forward to your downline."

My ED just said she knew Paige's ED well and followed the story for awhile. So, HO had to be aware of the situation at that time. Don't always know why things happen the way they do. It's who you speak to, the circumstances at the time, and their frame of mind to make their decisions.

chefann said:
It's nice to see that they're FINALLY acknowledging this situation. But (IMO) this information would be better distributed to consultants through the Tuesday Newswire, as some Executives do not forward the Execuflash information to their downlines (I know that the only time I see them is when they're posted here).

I agree with you here.....glad they're finally saying something about it. Pretty much the only time I see the execuflash's are when they're posted here too.
I think I'll copy/paste the note from her friend that KG posted, and forward to my clustermates, so they can get the whole story.

I don't always get Execu-flashes either....some, but certainly not all - not sure where in the food chain it breaks down.

BUT -- I did just get this one!

ChefBeckyD said:
I don't always get Execu-flashes either....some, but certainly not all - not sure where in the food chain it breaks down.

BUT -- I did just get this one!

Hey - it made it through the food chain! (Check your e-mail to see how it got forwarded. :) )

janetupnorth said:
That is very true! Many, many don't. I'm glad mine passes most on that say, "Feel free to forward to your downline."

My ED just said she knew Paige's ED well and followed the story for awhile. So, HO had to be aware of the situation at that time. Don't always know why things happen the way they do. It's who you speak to, the circumstances at the time, and their frame of mind to make their decisions.

I never knew there was anything called an ExecuFlash before I joined here. I'm not sure if they make it to my director or not... if they do, she has never passed them on.

janetupnorth said:
Hey - it made it through the food chain! (Check your e-mail to see how it got forwarded. :) )

It was forwarded from Sheri to Jen I believe....I don't know for sure. Sometimes when it has been forwarded more than once, Jen gets rid of the middle forwards....

chefann said:
Um... HO was contacted - last year. KG has more details about it, but someone did contact HO. Maybe that info wasn't passed along, but the statement that "The Pampered Chef was not contacted by 48 Hours or law enforcement agencies" is not entirely accurate.

It's nice to see that they're FINALLY acknowledging this situation. But (IMO) this information would be better distributed to consultants through the Tuesday Newswire, as some Executives do not forward the Execuflash information to their downlines (I know that the only time I see them is when they're posted here).[/QUOTE]
ITA - I only get them here, as well.

Janet---sorry i missed this--Now we are all on one---

MORFIA said:
Janet---sorry i missed this--Now we are all on one---

Hey, not a problem! It happens. :) Lots of threads and posts here. Better for people to see it twice then not at all!

poor girl huh!

Wow, just catching up w/posts. After watching 48 hours I mentioned to my hubby how PC has never said anything about it. He couldn't believe it. He said they should have had a moment of silence at NC last year! I couldn't agree more!!

Well, now that it is out in the open, perhaps they will, this year. Who do we
contact to suggest that? Anyone on here have an inside track? Would there
be a way for us to sign a petition asking for that moment of prayer for Paige's
family?

pampchefrhondab said:
Wow, just catching up w/posts. After watching 48 hours I mentioned to my hubby how PC has never said anything about it. He couldn't believe it. He said they should have had a moment of silence at NC last year! I couldn't agree more!!
Well, last year at conference, Paige was only missing for a couple of weeks. A moment of silence would have been premature at worst, and inappropriate at best.

Understand, I was disappointed that absolutely nothing at all was said about Paige. By that time, news of her double life had leaked out and I suspect TPC management wanted to be as distant from her as possible.

Well, that and all the scripts were in the can well before Paige went missing. We already know that, with the notable exception of Jean Jonas, most HO people are useless when they get off the script. (That's just fine, too, they aren't paid to be actors.)

I really think it should be a moment of prayer - but some may be offended by it worded that way.

It's a moot point, because I predict that, once again, nothing will be said.

I'm guessing you are right. At least we can do our own thing. I still have my ribbon from last year posted right here on my desk. I won't be at conf. this year, but will still be with all of you in spirit.

What is "Execuflash About Paige!"?

"Execuflash About Paige!" is a cooking demonstration and recipe showcase featuring our Pampered Chef executive, Paige. She will share her favorite tips, tricks, and recipes using Pampered Chef products.

How long is the "Execuflash About Paige!" demonstration?

The demonstration typically lasts about 45 minutes to an hour, but can vary depending on the number of questions and interaction with the audience.

Do I need to purchase anything during the "Execuflash About Paige!" event?

Purchasing products is not required, but it is a great opportunity to see the products in action and have any questions answered by Paige. Plus, you may find some new kitchen tools to add to your collection!

Can I attend "Execuflash About Paige!" virtually?

Yes, "Execuflash About Paige!" is available to watch virtually. You can join through a Zoom link provided by your Pampered Chef consultant.

Is there a fee to attend "Execuflash About Paige!"?

No, there is no fee to attend "Execuflash About Paige!" It is a free event for anyone interested in learning more about Pampered Chef products and recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
katie0128
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg