• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did You Receive Your National Conference 2008 Housing Packet?

In summary, the Pampered Chef is changing their room reservation policy and requires a one night's stay plus tax deposit on each room reservation. This deposit is fully-refundable, provided cancellation is made at least 72 hours before the scheduled check-in day.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
.A News Update for Executive Directors

of The Pampered Chef

(630) 261-8900 phone (630) 261-8588 Fax

ExecuFlash

One Pampered Chef Lane, Addison, IL 60101-5630

from Jean Jonas, Senior Vice President, Sales

Please feel free to share this with your downline.

Good afternoon,

By now, you should have received your National Conference 2008 housing packet from the Home Office. I wanted to draw your attention to a change in the requirements for attendees reserving hotel rooms. Conference hotels now require a deposit, equal to a one night’s stay plus tax, on each room reservation. This deposit is fully-refundable, provided cancellation is made at least 72 hours before the scheduled check-in day.

The hotels require this deposit to help discourage duplicate room bookings. Double-booking causes rooming shortages that cost other Pampered Chef Consultants considerable time and expense. We know no one likes waiting lists. By encouraging attendees to book only the rooms they need, we can also prevent the expense of paying for unused rooms. This helps us continue to offer you the most favorable hotel rates.

We have so many new surprises and returning favorite programs on the agenda for National Conference. I can’t wait to see you there. Thank you for your cooperation with the room reservation policy.

The Pampered Chef is a registered trademark.

***Note for new consultants - this message was sent to upper level Directors, don't expect a housing packet in your mail today.***

Thanks for the info Janet!

Thanks for the info! I think this is great because nothing is worse than calling the day the reservations open to find out they are already booked! We've had that problem SO many times. Of course we always get wait listed and we always get a room because people slowly start to letgo of their un-needed rooms, but I think this will help save on some of the stress we go through just waiting! Great idea!

I swear I was charged one night's hotel room sometime before conference anyway in the past. Maybe it wasn't the day I reserved the room, but the day the deadline was to register?? I can't remember.

Yes, Becky, I remember being charged for one night as well.

I think it was aout a week before conference that they made the charge

Yeah, I think it was shortly before conference.
I like that we can only book the rooms we need though; coming from someone who had to deal with the huge mess of being on the waiting list:grumpy:
So, is travel planners still in charge? I thought it was rumored awhile back that they weren't...

lacychef said:
Yeah, I think it was shortly before conference.
I like that we can only book the rooms we need though; coming from someone who had to deal with the huge mess of being on the waiting list:grumpy:
So, is travel planners still in charge? I thought it was rumored awhile back that they weren't...

I hope they've gone with someone else! Last year, just a few days before conference, we found out they had LOST our reservation, and we didn't have a room....and then we were scrambling just to find a bed!:grumpy:

No travel planners is no longer being used.I called them in the fall to make arrangements for Leadership and the rep couldn't find the PC info so he transferred me to a supervisor and the supervisor vented STRONGLY on me how upset they were that PC wasn't using them anymore.For leadership we had to make a $50 deposit for the room.PS: For those who pay cash for your hotel room, I got the $50 deposit back (in cash) when I checked out on the last day.Personally I'm happy with the change... I know a director who reserves about 8 rooms and then cancels them at the last minute. It's just not right. Guess she won't be doing that this year!

So, do we know, yet, which hotels we're/they're using? My director and I were talking about it today. She's actually going! She hasn't gone in 5 years. (She's been a director for much longer.)

My guess is they'll use the same hotels, just use a different company to handle the reservations.

Seriously, I was telling my director things today that she didn't know, so I hope someone lets me know when we can start booking rooms. My director didn't know about the March-April 2008 Consultant Special to earn free or half off conference. She didn't know when conference was, either. So glad I have CS! Thanks everyone! (And, I just got my March CN, so no wonder I didn't realize the half off or free NC offer until about two weeks before the dates! Again, thanks to this site for letting me in on things.)

We can book rooms starting March 24th same as registration.

1. What is the theme for Execuflash on March 14th?

The theme for Execuflash on March 14th is "Spring into Savings" where we will be featuring new products for the upcoming spring season.

2. Can I still attend Execuflash if I am not a consultant?

Yes, Execuflash is open to anyone who is interested in learning more about our products and business opportunity. You can attend as a guest of a consultant or contact us to find a consultant in your area.

3. Will there be any discounts or promotions during Execuflash on March 14th?

Yes, there will be exclusive discounts and promotions available during Execuflash on March 14th. Attend to learn more and take advantage of these great deals.

4. Can I bring friends or family to Execuflash on March 14th?

Yes, you are welcome to bring friends and family to Execuflash on March 14th. The more the merrier! However, please let us know in advance how many guests you will be bringing so we can plan accordingly.

5. Is there a cost to attend Execuflash on March 14th?

No, there is no cost to attend Execuflash on March 14th. It is a free event for anyone interested in learning more about Pampered Chef and our products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
Replies
Views
finley1991
Replies
Views
Carissidy
Replies
Views