• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

National Conference Housing.....

In summary, housing services for National Conference 2009 are provided through a partnership with Experient and reservations can be made starting on April 14, 2009. Reservations can be made through the housing link on Consultant's Corner or by calling the Experient Call Center. Reservation forms must be received by June 12 for faxed or mailed forms, and June 14 for online reservations. Roommates should be contacted before reserving a room and room leaders are responsible for collecting the deposit from their roommates. The available hotels are the Hilton Chicago Hotel and Towers and Sheraton Hotel and Towers, with a reduced rate for those reserved through Experient. The deposit for the first night's room and tax must be paid
PampMomof3
Gold Member
HOUSING SERVICES
The Pampered Chef® has partnered with Experient to deliver excellent service
for your housing needs at National Conference 2009.
• You may make reservations with Experient beginning Tuesday, April 14, 2009.
• Please use the housing link found on the National Conference 2009 overview page on Consultant’s Corner.
• You may also speak with an Experient Call Center Agent, at (800) 974-3084 during
normal business hours, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. CDT beginning Tuesday April 14, 2009.
• Make sure to add [email address] to your address book, so you’ll be
able to receive e-mails about your reservation or any other important information.
RESERVATION DATES
• Faxed or mailed reservation forms must be received by Experient before Friday, June 12, 5 p.m. CDT.
Online reservations can be made until June 14, 2009 at 11:59 p.m. CDT.
• Confirmations will be sent directly from Experient (not your hotel or The Pampered Chef® Home Office) via e-mail
or fax within (3) business days or via mail within seven (7) business days of date of processing.
ROOMMATES
Before reserving your room, make sure you contact your roommates so you can:
• Confirm that they’re committed to sharing a room with you.
• Verify their Consultant numbers, e-mail addresses, and the correct spelling of
their first and last names. Consultant numbers and names will be verified.
• Make arrangements for your roommates to pay their share of the bill.
• Confirm any special needs. Request an ADA room, if necessary.
HOTEL INFORMATION & Rates
The hotels available for your stay in Chicago during National Conference
are the Hilton Chicago Hotel and Towers and Sheraton Hotel and Towers.
• To receive the reduced Pampered Chef® rate, you must reserve your room through Experient.
Please do not call the hotels directly to reserve a room.
*Tax is 15.4% (subject to change)
• Rollaway beds are only available at the Sheraton Hotel and Towers in King bedded rooms.
A fee of $25.00 per rollaway will be charged for length of stay.
• Hilton Chicago does not offer rollaway beds.
• Double/Double rooms with two baths are only available at the Hilton Chicago and are limited.
They will be available on a first come, first serve basis.
• Transportation will be located at each hotel designated for the Conference to and from
McCormick Place Convention Center.
Hotel One Bed, One Bath Two Beds, One Bath Two Beds, Two Baths
Hilton Chicago Hotel and Towers
720 South Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL 60605
(312) 922-4400
**Not Available** ** Not available ** $182 plus tax * USD
(double beds)
Sheraton Hotel and Towers
301 East North Water St.
Chicago, IL 60611
(312) 464-1000
$179 plus tax * USD
(king bed)
$179 plus tax * USD
(double beds)
**Not Available**
National Conference 2009
General Housing
Information And Policies
RESERVATION DEPOSIT
• The room leader must pay a deposit of the first night’s room and tax when making a
room reservation. It may not be divided and charged to your roommates at that time.
• The deposit must be paid to Experient using a single source (credit card, check, etc.).
The room leader is responsible for collecting shares for the deposit from other occupants of
the room after the reservation is made. Please note that should the number of roommates
change and any credit coming back to the room leader, it is the room leader’s responsibility to
collect those additional monies from their roommates.
• Should any changes to a reservation take place, either with the room leader or other occupants,
it’s the responsibility of the room leader and roommates to work out financial arrangements.
• Deposits may be paid by Credit Card (American Express®, Discover®, MasterCard®, or Visa®) or personal check.
• Credit Cards will be billed immediately.
• Checks must be made payable to Experient. Mail your payment with the completed housing form, located on
Consultant’s Corner, by Friday, June 12, 2009. All checks must be made payable to Experient in U.S. funds drawn
on a U.S. bank. No wire transfers will be accepted. Your reservation is not confirmed until your check is processed.
• All deposits become non-refundable for reservations after June 14, 2009, 11:59PM CST, should an emergency
arise after June 14, 2009 contact [email address].
NOTE: Your reservation will not be confirmed until payment has been processed.
RESERVING HOTEL ROOM
• To reserve a room, go to Consultant’s Corner, and follow the Consultants and National Conference
menu to National Conference 2009. When you select the National Conference housing link, you’ll
be re-directed to the National Conference 2009 housing site hosted by Experient.
• Please note, when you enter the housing Web site, the first page will be the Housing Guidelines. In order
to advance to the reservation page you will need to mark an X in the box showing that you’ve read and
acknowledged the housing reservation process and guidelines.
• Read the information carefully and follow the on-screen directions.
• Once the name and Consultant number have been verified you’ll be allowed into the reservation system.
This process may take a few moments. Please do not hit the refresh button.
• If you’ve already made a reservation, the system will direct you to your existing reservation.
• When adding your roommates, the room leader will need to enter the first name, last name
and Consultant number for each person sharing the room. All Consultant numbers will be verified.
• The room leader will be the only person on the reservation who may:
• Change the date of arrival or departure
• Cancel the reservation in its entirety
• Roommates have the ability to view the reservation and may cancel only their own names from the reservation.
• Once a roommate cancels a reservation, an e-mail will be forwarded to the room leader advising of the
cancellation. The roommate is then free to become a room leader in a new reservation or a roommate in another
reservation, if desired.
• You may make changes or cancel your reservation online before June 14, 2009, 11:59 p.m. CDT.
Any cancellations after June 14 are subject to one night’s room and tax.
• Only after June 22, 2009, should you contact the hotel directly, if you need to make any changes.
Though you may make changes to your reservation, cancellations after June 14, 2009, even if
made directly with the hotel, still incur complete charge of your first night’s room and tax.
CANCELING A RESERVATION
• The room leader is the only one able to completely cancel a room reservation.
• Deposits become non-refundable after June 14, 2009, should an emergency arise
after June 14, 2009 contact [email address].
• Refunds for cancellations received prior to June 14, 2009 will be processed within 7 – 10 business days.
USING A DEBIT CARD UPON ARRIVAL AT HOTEL
• For those using a debit card at check-in for incidental charges please remember that a debit card acts as your
personal checking account. The Hilton and Sheraton Hotel requires a $50 deposit for incidentals each day of your
stay. This deposit will be applied by the hotel to your individual room folio for incidental charges incurred during
your stay. If there are no incidental charges on your individual room folio the unused deposit will be credited back
to your bank and applied back to your debit card/checking account. This credit process with your local bank takes
approximately 7 - 10 business days to appear on your debit card.
NO SHOWS
• Should you confirm a reservation and then cancel without notifying the hotel, and the room becomes completely
vacant, you’ll be charged the first night’s room and tax as a cancellation fee; the remaining dates of the
reservation will be automatically canceled.
EARLY DEPARTURE FEES
• Please advise the hotel at or before check-in of any change in the length of stay.
• Should you decide to depart early and your room becomes completely vacant during your stay, you will be
charged $50 by the Hilton Hotel and one night’s room and tax at the Sheraton Hotel as an early departure fee.
CONFIRMATION NUMBER
• Once you complete your reservation, you’ll receive a Reservation ID.
• The Reservation ID number is used by you and Experient to look up and manage your reservation.
• Confirmations will be sent directly from Experient (not your hotel or The Pampered Chef® Home Office) via
e-mail or fax within three (3) business days, or via mail within seven (7) business days of date of processing.
• You do not need a Reservation ID to check in to the hotel.
FREE HOTEL NIGHT WINNERS
• If you won or earned free hotel accommodations for National Conference 2009,
please follow the instructions in the communication provided by the Home Office.

Sorry to be so dense, but where did this info come from? I was looking on PC.com, but dont see it. Thanks for the info!

Hey Nicole, I found it on the PC Newswire. First paragraph.

I wonder why only 2 Hotels this year & with such limited room selections....:confused:

Ahhh just checked my email! Thanks.

Ginger428 said:
I wonder why only 2 Hotels this year & with such limited room selections....:confused:

I thought the same thing!

I remember hearing something about this - isn't the Palmer House Hilton being remodeled? I think they are changing it so that it's all 2 bed/2 bath - like the Downtown Hilton.

I wouldn't stay there anyway - had the worst experience there one year - it was absolutely horrible.

Interesting. I've set my alarm as a reminder that morning. :)

I love the Palmer House!!! Guess I'm with Rae and needing to get it booked early this year!

c00p said:
I love the Palmer House!!! Guess I'm with Rae and needing to get it booked early this year!
Don't think it's going to help - since the Palmer House isn't a conference hotel this year.;)

I stayed at the Palmer House last year and hated it! I thought when I saw it wasn't listed it was because of to many complaints LOL They were remodeling the pool last year so didn't even get to use it but didn't know they were doing the hotel over this year. That's okay I am going to stay at Sheraton this year :) If I am not mistaken that's where our banquet was last year and I thought it was a much nicer hotel than Palmer LOL

This will be my first conference, however I booked a hotel that is less than 3 miles away for $149 a night. It is the Blackstone Hotel - A Rennaisance hotel (owned by marriott). The cost for a AAA member is $149 a night and they have 2 QUEEN beds in the rooms. According to my calcuation, it is only a $10 taxi ride from the hotel to the McCormick place.

The hotel looks really great - very historic!! Hope this helps any of you out there!

Fluffy215 said:
I stayed at the Palmer House last year and hated it! I thought when I saw it wasn't listed it was because of to many complaints LOL They were remodeling the pool last year so didn't even get to use it but didn't know they were doing the hotel over this year. That's okay I am going to stay at Sheraton this year :) If I am not mistaken that's where our banquet was last year and I thought it was a much nicer hotel than Palmer LOL

I cannot even begin to tell you about our horror story from the Palmer House 2 years ago. It was a fiasco from beginning til end. The only good thing was discovering The Corner Bakery right next to it!

angiemann73 said:
This will be my first conference, however I booked a hotel that is less than 3 miles away for $149 a night. It is the Blackstone Hotel - A Rennaisance hotel (owned by marriott). The cost for a AAA member is $149 a night and they have 2 QUEEN beds in the rooms. According to my calcuation, it is only a $10 taxi ride from the hotel to the McCormick place.

The hotel looks really great - very historic!! Hope this helps any of you out there!

Doesn't sound like you'll be saving that much with rides back and forth every day. Plus finding a taxi, I don't remember seeing that many taxis picking people up at McCormick because of the buses they have available for us. Depending on where your hotel is compared to the conference hotels, you could always walk to one of those and catch the bus. We did that my first year. It was a 6 block walk but it wasn't too bad.

wadesgirl said:
Doesn't sound like you'll be saving that much with rides back and forth every day. Plus finding a taxi, I don't remember seeing that many taxis picking people up at McCormick because of the buses they have available for us. Depending on where your hotel is compared to the conference hotels, you could always walk to one of those and catch the bus. We did that my first year. It was a 6 block walk but it wasn't too bad.

If she's dividing the taxi between 4 people she's saving some. Personally, I prefer to stay in the hotel that my banquet is in. Makes life easier. I wish there was a Corner Bakery near the Sheraton though. YUM!

Last edited:
BethCooks4U said:
If she's dividing the taxi between 4 people she's saving some. Personally, I prefer to stay in the hotel that my banquet is in. Makes life easier. I wish there was a Corner Bakery near the Palmer though. YUM!

Do you mean the other Hilton? There is one right underneath the Palmer.

BUT there is also one just a couple blocks from the other Hilton too.

BethCooks4U said:
If she's dividing the taxi between 4 people she's saving some. Personally, I prefer to stay in the hotel that my banquet is in. Makes life easier. I wish there was a Corner Bakery near the Palmer though. YUM!

But at $20 a day for taxi rides (yes, split between 4 people) that could go towards a room at a conference hotel (split between 4 people) and would only be maybe $5-10 more per person or less.

wadesgirl said:
But at $20 a day for taxi rides (yes, split between 4 people) that could go towards a room at a conference hotel (split between 4 people) and would only be maybe $5-10 more per person or less.

Plus getting a Taxi to and from your Banquet...and also, spending money if you want to go back to your hotel anytime, instead of just taking the Shuttle.

ChefBeckyD said:
Do you mean the other Hilton? There is one right underneath the Palmer.

BUT there is also one just a couple blocks from the other Hilton too.

OOPS! I meant Sheraton. ...I'll go fix that.

I wonder how bus transportation is going to work. Didn't they pick up at the Holiday Inn the past couple of years?

pkd09 said:
I wonder how bus transportation is going to work. Didn't they pick up at the Holiday Inn the past couple of years?

The Shuttles only run from the conference hotels to the McCormick Center.

Maybe I'm missing something (first timer) but the rates on the Housing sheet are the same you'd get if you booked at any online travel site. You might even do better with a AAA card discount. Didn't see any deals to me. Only thing I see as a money saver was the shuttle to and from. Having roommates will obviously help, but $179 was the rate you'll find at the main travel sites (expedia, travelocity, and I think Sheraton directly). PLUS you can cancel later- like July 15th I think (for wave 3). You'd have to cancel in June sometime with PC conference travel agents.I was booked at The Silversmith which was near the Palmer House, but I just finished changing and am now at the Sheraton.

I highly recommend out-of-towners order transit passes and take the train from Millenium Park. It goes right to McCormick Place and lets out directly into the building. The trains are more reliable than the shuttle buses and faster (and cheaper) than waiting for a taxi. You can share a multi-ride pass with your roommates and pay about $5 round trip.

Why would you pay anything if you don't have to.... The shuttle picks you up right outside your hotel and drops you right at the correct entrance in McCormick Place....I think this is a no brainer IMO

Flamingo said:
Why would you pay anything if you don't have to.... The shuttle picks you up right outside your hotel and drops you right at the correct entrance in McCormick Place....I think this is a no brainer IMO

Exactly!:thumbup:

1. What is the cost of National Conference housing?

The cost of National Conference housing varies depending on the location and type of accommodation you choose. Generally, the cost ranges from $100-$200 per night.

2. Can I make changes to my National Conference housing reservation?

Yes, you can make changes to your reservation by contacting our customer service team. However, changes may be subject to availability and additional fees.

3. Can I book National Conference housing for someone else?

Yes, you can book housing for someone else as long as you have their full name and reservation details. However, the person staying in the housing must be a registered conference attendee.

4. Is there a deadline for booking National Conference housing?

Yes, the deadline for booking National Conference housing is typically 8-10 weeks prior to the conference. However, we recommend booking as early as possible to secure your preferred accommodation.

5. Can I cancel my National Conference housing reservation?

Yes, you can cancel your reservation, but cancellation policies may vary depending on the location and type of accommodation. Please refer to the cancellation policy provided at the time of booking or contact our customer service team for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampMomof3
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
chefkugler
  • Deb Bixler
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • kreaser