• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Please Keep Praying, and an Update

In summary, Rachel's mom has made it through the night and is still hanging on, although the family is estimating she only has a few more hours left. Rachel's brother Doug was initially not planning on coming to see his mom, but was ordered to by his dad. He has been estranged from his mom for 20 years. The family is asking for prayers that Doug will get to see his mom before she passes and for healing in their family relationships. Despite the difficult situation, the family is grateful for the extra time to spend with their mom and prepare to say goodbye. Rachel is also in need of prayers as she balances caring for her mother and her three young children.
AnnieBee
Gold Member
Well, Rachel's mom made it through the night on Tuesday (which was not expected at the time) and is still hanging on.

Please keep praying that she will hang on for a few more hours (as of last night they were estimating she had not more than 72hrs). Rachel's sisters are all now in town, but her brother Doug does not fly in until tonight. He was not planning on coming, but yesterday his Dad ordered him to (I think it was some kind of military thing, senior to junior...). I guess Doug has been fairly estranged from his mom (and maybe dad, I don't know) for about 20 years. He had booked flights to come in a week or so, and when Rachel called him on Tuesday, he pretty much said, I saw her in August, I'm not coming. Which of course was pretty upsetting to Rachel and the rest of the family, on top of everything else. So please pray that he does get to see his mom one last time before she dies. She has deteriorated mentally alot, so it would be wonderful if she could recognise and see all of her kids one last time. And please pray for Doug and his family relationships, I'm not sure how things are with his dad (especially after being ordered to come when he did not want to) or his four sisters.

While nobody wants this to drag out too long, it has really been a blessing that she did not pass away on Tuesday, as everyone was kind of running aorund and stressed, trying to figure out child care and travel, and now everything is calmer and they are able to focus on spending these last hours with their mom and prepare to say goodbye. Tuesday was kind of a shock as only the night before Rachels dad had sent out an up-date after having the hospice people over to teach him a bunch of caring techniques now that she was finally bed-ridden, so it was a very sudden downward turn the next morning. But now they have had a little longer to adjust to the fact the the end is very near. Oh, and pray for Rachel as she is (to quote my friend Debbie) over tired and over caffeinated, and has 3 little ones to look after too.

Anyway, I hope this makes sense! Thanks for your prayers and please keep praying!

Love ya all,

Annabel

The family is in my prayers Annabel!!

It's like you're talking about me (minus the estranged brother part). I feel for Rachel and her family. I do believe that her mom will know her son. When my DH came to see Mom (he didn't visit often), she was so happy to see him. She took all of her strength to squeeze his hand (he felt that squeeze for days after!!) and she passed away a few minutes later, surrounded by all who loved her and who she loved.

I'll keep praying for the entire family. It's not easy, but they'll get through.

Prayers coming your way too!

PChefPEI said:
It's like you're talking about me (minus the estranged brother part). I feel for Rachel and her family. I do believe that her mom will know her son. When my DH came to see Mom (he didn't visit often), she was so happy to see him. She took all of her strength to squeeze his hand (he felt that squeeze for days after!!) and she passed away a few minutes later, surrounded by all who loved her and who she loved.

I'll keep praying for the entire family. It's not easy, but they'll get through.
you made me cry.

Annabel I'll pray for peace for this family, that broken hearts are mended and that everyone gets to see their mom before she passes.

What is the update on the situation?

As of now, the situation is still ongoing. We are continuing to pray for a positive outcome and for strength for all those involved. We will provide updates as they become available.

How can we support and help?

The best way to support and help during this time is to continue praying for those involved and for a resolution. Additionally, you can offer words of encouragement and support to those impacted by this situation.

Can you provide any specific prayer requests?

We are asking for prayers for healing, peace, and guidance for all those involved. Please also pray for a positive resolution and for strength for everyone affected by this situation.

Is there anything else we can do besides praying?

In addition to praying, you can also offer practical support such as providing meals or helping with childcare for those directly impacted. You can also reach out and offer words of support and encouragement to those involved.

How can we stay updated on the situation?

We will continue to provide updates through our social media channels and through email. Please make sure you are following our social media accounts and have signed up for our email list to receive the latest updates. Thank you for your continued support and prayers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
  • nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Kitchen2u