• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is God Closing a Door, or Is the Devil Fighting Hard?

not many that match his field...:( Your situation will be in my prayers.Oh I pray that the right thing works out for you guys!Thanks y'all. And, Tonia, if your DH is able to help at all, that would be great. I'm just trying to work every end from here that I can.
nikked
Gold Member
Sometimes it's hard to tell.

One of the benefits of us choosing to go to Iraq for a year vs. retiring immediately was that we were supposed to get what's called a "follow-on". Basically, we provided them a list of bases we would like to go to, and they do their best to accommodate. If none of our list is available, they provide alternatives that we choose from.

BACKSTORY: When my husband did his first short tour (1 year remote) in 1990, he was suppost to get a follow-on, but was screwed out of it, so he was looking forward to this one.

FRONTSTORY: I'll try to make this short. Basically, we were told that none of the six bases were available, which is understandable and happens. But they are only offering three alternatives, all of which are East. Our only choice East was Charleston, and there were specific reasons why we wanted that base. All our other choices were West, and we have NO desire to go East, other than to Charleston. We both have sick parents, and don't want to be that far, plus the weather is not something we would enjoy.

They are offering only these three bases because they are having problems filling the positions, but this is not what we were promised. The powers that be in Tony's command structure have been promising help, but we are finding out now that they have been sitting on it instead of doing anything.

We were just given until Friday to choose one of the three, or they will choose for us. This doesn't leave a lot of time, especially with time zone issues to get this working. To top it all off, Tony doesn't have access to a "military" computer to access the list of available positions for his career field/rank, so we can't go to them with that information.

Anybody AF want to help? He is E-7, career field code 2R1. If you're able to pull up a list, please email me. This would be a HUGE help.

Ugh...sometimes it's so hard to know whether God is closing a door or the Devil is fighting.

Please be praying for wisdom and for the right thing to happen. We don't to push so hard that we get in the way of God's plan, but we also don't want to just leave things be that we feel are not right.

Thanks for "listening" and praying...

Love, Me:)

Update...already...

I had my DH call his Shirt here at Kirtland, using up precious time on our own call. Already, his Major has gotten involved. Don't know if that will help anything, but it helps knowing that they're trying.

Keep on praying....

I'm so sorry to hear about this mess! I hope it gets worked out and you get what you want out of it. Wow, how tough for you.....:(

nikked said:
Update...already...

I had my DH call his Shirt here at Kirtland, using up precious time on our own call. Already, his Major has gotten involved. Don't know if that will help anything, but it helps knowing that they're trying.

Keep on praying....

hey I just emailed my husband to see if he can pull up a list for you, he is at work right now ( he works at a selfhelp store, he may not be able check his email right now there store is open) but I am sure he is willing to help even if your shirt or major has already gotten involved atleast he might be able to get you a list or something.

The waiting is hard, I know. I hope you get what you need.

he just got home from work and he said he couldn't find where to search for a list. he could only find where to change where he wants to go so he will ask someone tomarrow unless you don't need it anymore, sorry couldn't help.
Tonia

I can't even imagine having to worry about those things; I hope it all works out for you guys.

UGH! I remember those military days. (I know he doesn't look like it, but The Furry Guy was a marine when I married him.)Your situation will be in my prayers.

Oh I pray that the right thing works out for you guys!

I know that feeling...not being sure of where God is trying to move you, or if it's the devil planting seeds of doubt in your head!! I pray that he shows you both IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS what you should choose!

Thanks y'all. And, Tonia, if your DH is able to help at all, that would be great. I'm just trying to work every end from here that I can.

Thanks...

ok, my husband figured out how to look it up and it doesn't look very good for his job openings there is only one. So maybe they are just trying to help you by getting you anywhere stateside that's not a Remote location, I hope everything works out for you guys.
Tonia
I sent you an email with what my DH sent me

1. What does it mean when people say "God is closing a door" or "the devil is fighting hard"?

"God is closing a door" and "the devil is fighting hard" are common phrases used to describe difficult or challenging situations in life. It is believed that God may allow certain doors to close in order to redirect us towards a better path, while the devil may try to hinder or discourage us from following God's plan.

2. How can I tell if a closed door is a sign from God or an attack from the devil?

It can be difficult to tell the difference between a closed door from God and an attack from the devil. However, by seeking guidance through prayer and seeking wise counsel from trusted individuals, you can gain clarity and discernment on the situation. It is also important to trust in God's plan and have faith that He will guide you in the right direction.

3. What should I do if I feel like a door is closing in my life?

If you feel like a door is closing in your life, it is important to first seek guidance from God through prayer. Trust in His plan and have faith that He will guide you towards the right path. It is also important to seek wise counsel from trusted individuals and to remain open to new opportunities and possibilities that may come your way.

4. How can I overcome challenges or obstacles that may come from a closed door?

Overcoming challenges and obstacles that may come from a closed door can be difficult, but with faith and determination, it is possible. Seek guidance from God and ask for His strength and wisdom to help you overcome the challenges. Surround yourself with a supportive community and trust in God's plan for your life.

5. Is it possible for a closed door to be both from God and the devil?

While it is possible for a closed door to have both divine and evil influences, ultimately, it is up to us to discern and choose which path to take. It is important to seek guidance from God and trust in His plan, while also being aware of the devil's schemes and actively resisting them. Remember to always trust in God's goodness and have faith that He will guide you towards the right path.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
AJPratt
Replies
Views
twinchefs
  • nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth