• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gift Ideas for the Hard to Shop For!

In summary, a lot of people struggle with what to get their loved ones for Christmas. Ideas for a PC gift can be found in this thread. For a hard-to-buy-for person, a gift card to a specific store would be a good idea.
magentablue
I think a lot of us get stuck this time of year, unable to think of a gift for someone we love. I thought a thread where we could bounce ideas off of one another might be helpful. Items can be PC or not...

I'm looking for a PC suggestion. I have a neighbor that has had a HORRIBLY rough life. She dropped out of school young, got involved in the wrong things, eventually found a man, had a baby, and somewhat settled down, but she never held a real job. When their relationship dissolved, she moved in with her father, whose health was failing. Dad just passed, and now she's had to get her first real job (I'm so proud of her for doing that!) and now she's getting her first apartment on her own.

Her son is a teenager now, and is autistic. He only eats pasta. I'd like to get them a PC Christmas/Housewarming gift. She is a very good person, she always watches my dogs when I go away, and I'd like to get something to thank her.

All of her stuff is mis-matched, old, and hand me down. I wanted something that would make her proud. I know she does make lasagna for her and her son. So a pan to make that in is an idea. Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks!! :D Also, post your hard to buy for person, and we can all suggest something for them too!

How about the 9x13 baker or square pan with a metal spatula & a jar of Italian seasoning? She can make lasagna or other baked pasta dishes.

I'm thinking about all of this, but let me just toss this in here. I seem to be the defacto expert in hard-to-buy-for.Every year, I hear over and over again how tough it is to buy a gift for me because I'm so hard to buy for. I leave hints all over the place, which seem to fall on deaf ears, so I usually just go buy something I like, hand it to The Kat Lady and promise to act surprised when I unwrap it. (Last year, she did such a good job of putting that gift away that she still hasn't found it. Maybe I'll finally get it this year?)Adding to that fire, I also want to add - I hate gift cards, with the exception of restaurant gift cards or movie passes - just not at Christmas. To me, buying lunch isn't a Christmas gift. I'll add that a restaurant or movie card is okay if they're in a stocking or something but not as a main gift!Gift cards to a specific big box store says to me, "I don't care enough to figure out what you really want so here, go get yourself something." Ain't I a stinker?

You are! I'd love a gift card! I hate when someone tries to guess my size and they guess wrong. My MIL buys me a tent to wear every year, and every year I unload on my husband after we get home that my MIL thinks I'm THAT fat! I'm dying for a gift certificate to my hair salon. I would also like a specific hand lotion, but if I don't get that, I'd like a card to the stores that sell it.

I know a great salon I'd send you to, but I'm afraid Dianne might be too far away from you to take advantage of her.When you go to take your gift back to Omar the Tent Maker, you discover one of the things about a gift card that is a drawback - what you would like to buy, in your size, is long gone. It might be too late this year, but write down your sizes and give the list to your DH along with what you would like/need. If he doesn't get the hint, remind him that his mother thinks you're in the circus side show and you would like for her to get it correct this year. ;)

BTW - for your neighbor - how about a large kettle for her to specifically boil pasta? Since TPC doesn't have a strainer insert, the drainer is terrific. I use it for draining pasta all the time, and at eleven bucks, it isn't overly expensive. I don't like using a colander for draining pasta (one more bulky thing to wash) so I use the drainer and then toss my pasta with olive oil to keep is from sticking to itself.

I agree with you I HATE gift cards for the same reason, or checks....

1. How do I find unique gift ideas for someone who seems to have everything?

At Pampered Chef, we offer a wide range of kitchen and cooking products that are perfect for the hard-to-shop-for person. From personalized cutting boards to versatile cookware sets, our products are both practical and unique.

2. What are some gift ideas for someone who loves to cook?

We have a variety of options for the cooking enthusiast in your life. Our top-selling items include our Quick Cooker, Deluxe Cooking Blender, and Mix 'N Chop. Our cookbooks and recipe cards also make great gifts for those who love to try new recipes.

3. Are there any budget-friendly gift options for the hard-to-shop-for person?

Yes, we have a range of products at different price points that make great gifts. Our kitchen gadgets, such as our garlic press and citrus juicer, are affordable yet practical gifts. We also offer gift sets and bundles that are perfect for any budget.

4. Can I personalize a gift for the hard-to-shop-for person?

Absolutely! We offer several personalized products, including cutting boards, aprons, and kitchen towels. You can add a special message or their name to make the gift even more unique and meaningful.

5. Do you offer gift wrapping or gift cards?

Yes, we offer gift wrapping for an additional fee. You can also purchase a gift card from our website, which allows the recipient to choose their own gift from our wide selection of products. It's the perfect option for those who are hard to shop for!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefJoyJ
  • pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sailorsarah
  • momoftwins