• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayers for My Husband's Thumb Injury: Fast Healing & Recovery Requested

In summary, my DH caught his left thumb in an antique corn-shucker and crushed the tip of his thumb. I took him to the ER after I noticed it was beyond my nursing skills. It took 5 stitches over a 3cm tear laceration (from pulling his thumb out just before it crushed the tip off). He is in terrible pain tonight and is trying to find a position so he can try to sleep through
tlag1986
Gold Member
This afternoon my DH caught his left thumb in an antique corn-shucker and crushed the tip of his thumb. I took him to the ER after I noticed it was beyond my nursing skills. It took 5 stitches over a 3cm tear laceration (from pulling his thumb out just before it crushed the tip off).

He is in terrible pain :cry: tonight and is trying to find a position so he can try to sleep through the night. Please pray for a quick healing and speedy recovery.

Sorry to hear that! I'll be praying for sleep tonight for him (and you)! Men can be worse than children when they are hurt! Glad it was no worse though! My daddy cut his thumb off as a teenager in the coal mine from his first joint to the tip.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEOUCH!Don't forgot to have him elevate it all night to help reduce the throbbing! Give him an extra pillow!If he can take some Benadryl with the pain meds, that might help him sleep a little.

Prayers for quick pain relief coming his way!!! Oh, and for quick healing, too! :)

He is trying to find any position to be comfortable. He is only taking Tylenol for the pain, since that is all they wanted him to take. He is resting, but not sleeping. I think it will be a long couple of days.Thank you for the prayers.

Poor guy. Hope the pain gets under control soon.

Glad that they were able to repair the injury. Hopefully, it will heal quickly for him.

Praying for quick healing and lessened pain.

He called in sick (second time in ten years) because of the pain and not sleeping. As soon as our doctors office opens I'll call for him for something for the pain. Thanks

Oh wow - that's terrible! I hope he's feeling better soon!

Ouch! I hope the doctor gives him something a little stronger for the pain. Prayers coming for quick healing!

I will pray for him! Also... I know you are calling the doc for something stronger for him... I was also thinking of Tylenol PM... has a sleeping agent in it but it's still just tylenol for the pain... keep us posted!

Ouch!! My toes curled reading about it! Could he take Advil? It always works better for me than Tylenol.....

Hope he feels better soon!

Oh wow - how painful! I'll say a prayer for him (and for you, because as mentioned above, we know how much of a baby they can sometimes be!! :) )

We ended up going in, and now have pain medication as well as an antibiotic. He is still miserable, but he seems more at ease.

Praise God!!!! Your Prayers have been a Blessing!!!! My DH is snoring on the couch right now. I am so glad, and thank you again.

That's great news. I'll continue to pray for quick healing.

1. How do I know which prayers to say for my husband?

It's important to personalize your prayers for your husband and his specific needs. You can start by reflecting on what you are grateful for in your relationship and what areas you would like to see growth in. You can also ask your husband directly what he would like you to pray for.

2. Can I use pre-written prayers or should I create my own?

There is no right or wrong answer to this question. Some people find comfort in using pre-written prayers while others prefer to create their own. It's ultimately up to you and what feels most meaningful and authentic to you.

3. How often should I pray for my husband?

There is no set rule for how often you should pray for your husband. It's important to make it a consistent practice, whether that means daily, weekly, or even just when you feel called to do so. The most important thing is that you are intentional and sincere in your prayers.

4. Can I pray for my husband's specific struggles or challenges?

Yes, absolutely. In fact, praying for your husband's specific struggles and challenges can be a powerful way to support and uplift him. Just make sure to also include prayers for his overall well-being and for your relationship as a whole.

5. Is it okay to pray for my own needs and desires in relation to my husband?

Yes, it is completely valid and important to also pray for your own needs and desires in relation to your husband. Remember that prayer is a conversation with God, and it's important to bring your own thoughts and feelings to that conversation as well.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
nikked