• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Will You Join Us in Praying for Our Friend Jim's Recovery?

In summary, Jim, a 42-year-old man who had recently gotten engaged, suffered a stroke and underwent surgery. His condition was guarded and his family and friends asked for prayers for his recovery and for the medical staff. Despite some positive news, Jim's condition worsened and he was not expected to survive. He passed away Tuesday morning and his family honored his wish to be an organ donor.
chefjeanine
Gold Member
My DH's best friend, Jim, suffered a stroke today. He is all of 42. Became engaged this past fall and is to marry (for the first time) in June.

He just got out of surgery. His condition is guarded. Please pray for his recovery. Pray for the medical staff to have wisdom and to be moved to act with a sense of hope.

Pray for his family and for my husband who is currently making phone calls to let other friends know what is happening.

Thank you.

Prayer said!

Praying for Jim to make a quick recovery!

Only 42? WOW! You are all in my prayers for a complete recovery.

He has my prayers and well wishes for a full recovery.

I will pray for him!
Any news yet today on his condition?

How scary - he's so young! He'll be in my prayers for a speedy recovery!

Thank you all for your prayers.

We do have some more positive news today. There was no bleeding after the surgery last night (they did an MRI this morning) and there is slight evidence of a stroke in a lower portion of the brain.

My understanding is that "slight" evidence is better than great evidence and that the lower part of the brain is a better spot than some others might be.

He is still sedated (on a ventilator) but it sounds like they are planning on bringing him out of sedation today. I know that it's going to be a long day for everyone. We are in Michigan, he is in Florida. His mom lives about a 1/2 mile from us and missed her connecting flight from Cinnci to Tampa. . .now she won't arrive until 3 or 3:30. But, she does know this better news.

Jill (his fiancee) is not sounding terribly positive. I'm sure she's exhausted and terrified. I also think she is worried about what his condition will be when they wake him up.

Please keep praying for him.

Hi Jeannie I will be praying for your friend. I know that strokes can be deadly. My older sister had a stroke at the age of 33. She survived and has had a lot of rehab and had to re-learn a lot of stuff. I hope all goes well, please keep us posted.

Jeanine - just saw this and will be praying too.

My SIL had a stroke at age 34 only 2 weeks before my wedding. Happy to report that they got her to the hospital quickly, got proper meds in her...they found the hole in her heart that caused the blood clot. 8 1/2 years later she is alive and doing well. She saw her son get married August, 2007, and all 3 of her kids graduate from H.S.

She has some slight effects but not bad.

I hope your friends ends up with some good news.

Please keep praying! It is not looking good.

DH just called in tears. There is swelling on the brainstem and they are afraid that there is no brain activity. They are taking him now to test for that brain activity. Please pray for a spark of something that can be fanned enough for him to return to his old self.

Pray to for his family and many friends.

Jeanine,

Praying hard for your friend - that there is good news and soon.

Praying for your friend.

Prayers on the way!

Sorry to hear so far Jeanine - keep us posted!!!!

I'm praying.

More prayers coming your way!

Any more updates tonight Jeanine?

The news is as bad as it gets. He is not going to make it. Life support machines are the only thing keeping him alive. Just a matter of deciding when to turn them off. Family knows he wants to be an organ donor so I'm guessing that will figure largely in the timing.

DH leaves tomorrow a.m. to go down and be with the family. I hope that Jim is off life-support by then as DH really does not want to see him in that condition. He's just going to be there for Jim's mom and fiancee.

Thanks for all your prayers. Please keep keep Jim's family and friends in your prayers.

Oh how sad Jeanine - I am so sorry to hear this. Keeping Jim and his family in my thoughts at this extremely difficult painful time.

Sorry to hear Jeanine! I hope your DH has a safe trip and can be great support to his friend's family.

Oh Jeanine. I am so sorry. This is so not what I wanted to read. Prayers being sent to you and his family.

Prayers for you, your family, his family and fiance...how sad.

Jim passed away at 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday morning. They did harvest some organs for donation. I hope someday we will know more about how many lives were touched by this gift.

Took DH to the airport at 5:30 this morning. It's going to be a very tough day for him as he sees Jim's mom, brother and fiancée for the first time. I think it will be good for him to meet up with some other friends. I'm sorry I won't be there to comfort him -- and he misses me when it's a normal trip away from home so this will be especially hard for both of us.

The will be a memorial service here in our home town on February 9. It will be good to gather friends from all over the country. Not easy, but good.

Again, thank you all for your prayers.

One more thing, GET A YEARLY PHYSICAL AND KEEP AND EYE ON YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE!

You, your DH, and the other friends and family will remain in my prayers.

I just found this post this morning. I'm sorry to hear of your friend. Prayers are with all of you.

Sorry to hear the end result Jeanine. I hope his life helps many others in the donations. Also, nice speech for the physicals - guys are THE WORST!!!!My DH loves to comment that he does not want to pay some doctor money to stick his hand where the sun doesn't shine...and he should know better, he is an EMT lecturing people to go in. But, I have to drag him kicking and screaming to any doctor.

I am so sorry for all of you... I've been popping off and on CS the last couple weeks and I missed this post earlier. I'll be praying for all of you.

1. What happened to your friend?

Our friend is currently battling a serious illness and could use all the prayers and positive thoughts they can get.

2. How can I help?

Aside from keeping our friend in your prayers, you can also show your support by offering to run errands, cook meals, or simply be there to listen and offer words of encouragement.

3. Can I donate money to help with medical expenses?

While we appreciate the gesture, our friend's family has decided not to accept any monetary donations at this time. Your prayers and support are more than enough.

4. Can I visit your friend in the hospital?

Due to the current health situation, our friend is limiting visitors to close family and friends only. However, you can still show your support by sending cards, flowers, or well wishes through other means.

5. Is there anything specific we should pray for?

We believe in the power of collective prayer, so any positive thoughts and well wishes for our friend's recovery and strength would be greatly appreciated. Praying for peace, comfort, and healing is always a good start.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
nikked
  • nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies