• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Will You Pray for My Friend's Husband's Eye Injury?

In summary, a close friend of a consultant sustained a serious eye injury in a workplace accident. She has already undergone one surgery and will require more in the future. At this time, prayers and donations are being accepted to support her recovery. The length of the recovery process is uncertain and cards/gifts can be sent to the consultant's address to show support.
AnnieBee
Gold Member
I just got the following email from my good friend, could you please pray. Tom (her DH) is an optometrist, and I'm sure that the bed rest is probably getting him down. I assume he has to be flat on his back, so no TV, movies etc... And I'm sure they're extremely worried about the possible outcome. Pray also for their kids (3 and 6) I'm sure they must be worried too about their dad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just wanted to let you know that we won't be at playgroup. Tom has sustained a serious eye injury (yes, ironic) Wed. night and is on bed rest. The injury is to the retina, and the fear is a retinal detachment, which, if occurs, would require immediate surgery to prevent blindness. He has to remain immobile for as long as possible to keep his retina intact until it can heal.

Your prayers would be appreciated. Thanks.

Oh my gosh! I will definitely pray. THis happened to a friend of mine's husband over the summer, two weeks after she came home with a new baby. He was in a lot of pain and had surgery but is doing well now -- minimal loss of sight.

I will say prayers for Tom. What a scary thing to happen.

I'll pray for speedy and complete healing.

Dear friend,
I am so sorry to hear about Tom's injury. I will definitely keep him, you, and your family in my thoughts and prayers. As an optometrist, I can only imagine how difficult this must be for him. I hope he is able to find some comfort and rest during this time of bed rest. Please know that I am here for you if you need anything. Sending love and positive thoughts your way.
Take care,

1. Can you please tell me what happened to the person with the eye injury?

The person with the eye injury is a close friend of one of our consultants. She was involved in a workplace accident where a foreign object caused damage to her eye.

2. How serious is the injury?

The injury is quite serious and has caused a lot of discomfort and pain for the individual. She has already undergone one surgery and will require more in the future.

3. Is there anything we can do to help?

At this time, we are asking for prayers and positive thoughts for our friend's recovery. We are also accepting donations to help cover her medical expenses.

4. How long will the recovery process be?

Unfortunately, we do not currently have an exact timeline for the recovery process. It will depend on how well the individual responds to treatment and surgeries.

5. Can we send cards or gifts to show our support?

Yes, cards and gifts are greatly appreciated and can be sent to our consultant's address. We will make sure they are passed along to our friend.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • susanr613
  • General Chat
Replies