• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Behind the Scenes of LA Ink: A Testimony of Faith and Friends

In summary, Joe filmed the LA Ink episode. He shared that he received help from people who donated money and prayed for the opportunity. He also shared that he had a great interview and that the other person who was filmed for the show didn't get a as large of tattoo. He feels that the focus was on him and that he looked calm and funny on camera. He is looking forward to watching the episode and seeing how it turned out.
mrssyvo
I wanted to update you all on Joe's filming of the LA Ink episode. I have pasted his E-mail here,I am trying to attach the pictures of the tattoo, but it is not working, I will try again later. Please continue to pray.

Hey Everybody,

Sorry I made you wait until today. I was so tired...I went home, updated Lisa, ate some watermelon, and fell asleep. I slept about 12 hours.

This story is best described by two perspectives. Mine and the people who came with me.

Perspective One: My Perspective

I was able to do this because all of the money that was needed to cover the cost of the tattoo and all the expenses came in from people who support me. When all was said and done it totaled $800. Wow! Thank you sooo much to all of you who gave, those who wanted to give, and those who prayed! We are sharing this experience together. Without you, this opportunity with LA Ink does not happen. I mean that with my whole heart. This was a picture of God's people working together for His purposes.

The last couple of days have been a whirlwind. LA Ink wanted so much from me in one day. It was very stressful. The day of the shoot I went to LA Ink with Joe ( My Oldest Son), Aaron, Bethany, Lindsay, and Alex. LA Ink said I could bring friends, and that really helped me. When I did the radio show in Chicago, we always had the studio filled with people, and I loved it. I love the energy of people, and their support. LA Ink then used them as background actors for the episode. Soo Cool! Make sure you look for them when the show airs. (I don't know when it will air. When I know, you'll know.).

We got to LA Ink and filled out more paperwork, and then they took me away to interview me on camera for the show. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. It went awesome! I felt like I said everything I prayed about saying and more.

They put my friends in place to do background work and then they shot me walking in to LA Ink. My Sister overnighted cookies to me to bring to LA Ink from her cookie company "Cookies By Joey". I walked in and presented them to the cast on camera and they loved them! It actually became a minor subplot.

Kat and I met for the first time on camera. We had an instant chemistry and really hit it off. In my closing interview, they were commenting on how much Kat and I liked to talk, and was like, "Yeah, we even got shushed a couple of times for talking to loudly." :)

Kat did a great job on the tattoo (Pic Attached) and I had an amazing opportunity to talk with her. They filmed us talking for about 20-30 minutes but the tattoo took about 2-3 hours. We talked the whole time. She is a wonderful woman, and I am excited about what she is valuing in her life. I think she really appreciated what I had to say about God and Jesus.

The whole time I was on the show God used me to share His love and proclaim His name and I felt that what I did and said was very well received.

I had a great closing interview and again got a chance to reiterate all I believed God wanted me to say. On top of that, I had a lot of fun, and got to be the goofball that I am. Yay God!!

Perspective Two: Lindsay, Aaron, Bethany, Alex, Joe (My Oldest Son)

After the show we all went out to get some food and debrief what had just happened. The group told me that they thought the show was focusing mainly on me and there seemed to be a respect the crew had for me. They said I looked very calm, as if I do this all the time. They said I was being funny, and the people seemed into what I was saying too. They felt that the other person being filmed for the show got a much smaller tattoo and they focused on her less, .

I thought all of that was very cool. As I was leaving I had to get a few more pics from the show's photographer. She took me in the back room for prep and she said, "Wow, you got Kat!" I asked if that was unusual. She said, "Kat doesn't normally do tattoos for the show, she is way to busy, and everybody always asks for her." She said, "You got really lucky!"

Lucky? No. God heard your prayers, and mine and He went before me to bring glory to His name through this opportunity. God is Good!

The praying has just begun. LA Ink states in the contract that there is no guarantee that your episode will air. Also, they can edit this show anyway they want. They can make me look like a jerk, or a goofball, or a fanatic. Or God can move in them to bring glory to His Name, and I believe He will!!!

Join me in Praying that God moves the producers to air the Episode, and that God will be glorified through what I said and did!

Please use Ephesians 3:20 to Pray for these things.

Ephesians 3:20
20Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
Thank you for all your support! God is Awesome! Ask and Believe!

Blessings!

Joe

What an incredible story! I'm joining you in praying my friend!

this gave me goosebumps and made me tear up.

please keep us updated about when the show will air.

The pictures of the tattoo that he attached can not be attached- they are in a htm file. Does anyone know how to change it, so they can be attached? The tattoo is awesome !!!!

A .htm file is a website file. Try opening the file, then right-clicking the pictures, and choosing "Save Picture As..." and you should be able to save the pictures as .jpg or .gif or whatever they are, then attach those.

Noorak, Thank you, I will try it.

Nope, it is not working. I right clicked it, and save as, but it did not give me the option of saving as jpg file, just either htm, or all others, I tried all others, but it still saved it as htm. Too bad, because it is a cool tattoo !!!!

By George, I think I got it !!!!

Attachments

• Star of David and Cross Tat 1.jpg
    Star of David and Cross Tat 1.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 284
  • Star of David and Cross Tat 2.jpg
    Star of David and Cross Tat 2.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 277

1. What inspired you to write "Behind the Scenes of LA Ink: A Testimony of Faith and Friends"?

I was inspired to write this book because I wanted to share my personal journey of working on the hit reality TV show LA Ink and how my faith and friendships helped me navigate through the ups and downs of the entertainment industry.

2. Can you give us a sneak peek into some of the behind the scenes moments you share in the book?

Absolutely! In the book, I share stories of the challenges and conflicts that arose on set, as well as moments of laughter and camaraderie among the cast and crew. I also give insight into my personal struggles and how my faith helped me overcome them.

3. How did your faith play a role in your experience on LA Ink?

My faith played a huge role in my experience on LA Ink. It helped me stay true to myself and my values, and it also gave me the strength and courage to face any obstacles that came my way. I share many examples in the book of how my faith guided me through difficult situations.

4. What do you hope readers will take away from reading your book?

I hope readers will be inspired by my story and see how faith and friendship can help us overcome any challenges in life. I also hope to give readers an inside look into the reality TV world and show them that it's not always as glamorous as it seems.

5. Are there any lessons or advice you learned from your experience on LA Ink that you would like to share?

One of the biggest lessons I learned from my time on LA Ink is the importance of staying true to yourself and not compromising your values for success. I also learned the value of surrounding yourself with positive and supportive friends who will lift you up during tough times. These are just a few of the many lessons and advice I share in my book.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrssyvo
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • DebbieJ
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sk8rgrrl99
  • quiverfull7