• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

It's Official- I'm Insane! Part Ii

In summary, Kacey's office buddy Rachel is leaving her job to move to California and Jess, Rachel's assistant, is being given her old job back and is being demoted until she leaves. Today, Rachel cried and Jess cried and Kacey felt like she was smacked with a 2x4 that came out of nowhere. It was told in a meeting that Todd and David, the owners/presidents of the company, are going in a different direction and Jess is not needed at this time. Kacey asked the CFO if she could be the executive assistant again, and was told no. She was told that she is loved and appreciated, Todd and David love her, Bob, the DH
Kacey, I am just catching up with some of these threads today. I am so happy for you. It is great to read about good things happening for you after all that has happened in your life. :) Can't wait to hear about the big things in store for you!

Bren706 said:
Kacey, I am just catching up with some of these threads today. I am so happy for you. It is great to read about good things happening for you after all that has happened in your life. :) Can't wait to hear about the big things in store for you!

Thanks, Brenda! :) That is very sweet of you!!!

And, to Rae and Janet- your messages and link to that sermon was just what DH needed... He said he finally realized that those voices of negativity and death are real, but he can choose to listen to the voice of truth instead!

He even put some notes up at his desk- like a verse from Casting Crowns song The Voice of Truth, and also It takes God 2 days to make a mushroom and 60 years to make an oak tree! So- it's getting ingrained in him! :) Keep the prayers coming- they are helping!!!

Love you all!!!

Kacey,
Something that I noticed once when I was watching John and Kate plus 8 would be a good idea. I noticed in one episode that they had verses of scripture taped up on there cabinets and such. I think it's a great idea to surround ourselves with the word of God. I intend to do that as well.
God bless,
Amanda

jesusluvsu2005 said:
Kacey,
Something that I noticed once when I was watching John and Kate plus 8 would be a good idea. I noticed in one episode that they had verses of scripture taped up on there cabinets and such. I think it's a great idea to surround ourselves with the word of God. I intend to do that as well.
God bless,
Amanda

You should see my bathroom mirror! And the door going out to the garage...etc-... And the fridge, and the corkboard in my office... LOL! DH always teased me about doing that...now he's doing it, too!

Update-So today my boss Todd came over and asked me how I was doing with all the added responsibilities they are giving me.

I told him that I haven't really been trained on them as of yet, but I was fine with the fact that they trusted me to do these high profile projects (one of them is for Best Buy). Anyway, I asked him since I was now going to be doing so many of the executive assistant's duties, where I fit in, and what exactly was their plan for me.

He told me that I was much to valuable to be pushing papers and numbers and that my taking over these projects was to ensure they'd be done properly and once they find Rachel's assistant- they want to be sure she's the right fit. After they are certain she is the right fit, I can give those financial tasks back to her (but I'll be training her on how to do them).

He said that he really needed someone like me for the company because I can get people to work together and no one else has been able to have the impact that I've had on the sales team/sales managers/VP- he said I get along with all of them great and they all love me- he said that's hard to come by and what I'm doing for them now is beneath what he feels I am capable of doing and is looking forward to the future with me...

So they still aren't sure how they are going to use me- hence his vagueness, but it looks like they know I'm capable of quite a bit and it will be cool to see what transpires! :)

You Go Girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome Kacey! Basically your a project manager. ;)...and glad DH had a pick-me-up from that stuff! I hope it's the start of something good!

Great! It sounds like they value you and things are continuing to look up.

Yay Kacey! It is so nice to hear from your boss that you are valuable - I'm glad he took that time to tell you - because you are way to valuable to be pushing papers!

I always knew you'd go places. :)

Kacey
I'm just catching up here after a busy weekend. I am SOOOOOO happy for you. Seems like this job was truly Heaven-sent! I will immediately start praying for your DH. At church this past weekend, the message was "Getting in Fighting Shape". All about spiritual warfare & the tactics used by Satan to challenge our relationship with the Lord. I think 1 Peter: 8-9 is pretty relevant to this situation. Also "Warfare prayer" by Don Rogers (not sure if it comes up in a google search, bu worth a try).
Congrats, blessings & prayers are coming your way. You were due some good news :)

This is great Kacey!

peichef said:
Kacey
I'm just catching up here after a busy weekend. I am SOOOOOO happy for you. Seems like this job was truly Heaven-sent! I will immediately start praying for your DH. At church this past weekend, the message was "Getting in Fighting Shape". All about spiritual warfare & the tactics used by Satan to challenge our relationship with the Lord. I think 1 Peter: 8-9 is pretty relevant to this situation. Also "Warfare prayer" by Don Rogers (not sure if it comes up in a google search, bu worth a try).
Congrats, blessings & prayers are coming your way. You were due some good news :)

Ooo, thanks for that info- DH is still new with all this your words have power, and warfare stuff...I think he still sort of thinks I'm a little goofy as far as that stuff is concerned.. :)

Kitchen Diva said:
Ooo, thanks for that info- DH is still new with all this your words have power, and warfare stuff...I think he still sort of thinks I'm a little goofy as far as that stuff is concerned.. :)
It's a hard concept to grasp......but the Bible states..."This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him."We have whatever we ask of God! The hard part is knowing His will and what He wants of us so we know how to pray and ask! Often when God answers with no, we have to remember that it wasn't in God's will and His plans are always better than ours because they have the perspective of eternity in mind. We only focus on our perspective. :D

janetupnorth said:
It's a hard concept to grasp...

...but the Bible states...

"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him."

We have whatever we ask of God! The hard part is knowing His will and what He wants of us so we know how to pray and ask! Often when God answers with no, we have to remember that it wasn't in God's will and His plans are always better than ours because they have the perspective of eternity in mind. We only focus on our perspective. :D

And Jesus came that we might have life and have it more abundantly, to the full until it is over-flowing... DH doesn't understand that words are containers for power and the bible says I have set before you life and death- it is in the tongue, choose life....
God will get His point across.

I told my DH last night about a friend I have where she is always talking about dying young from an illness she has (that can be kept inline with diet) and her entire family says terrible things like we're gonna die from being insane, or from cancer- etc... they each say those things a lot- and low and behold those things are starting to come true for certain members of her family... they've been saying them all their lives and their words of death are coming to bite them. DH was upset with me for saying that and he said he doesn't believe all that stuff about words....

That's fine- I can show him multiple verses to back me up, but he'll just have to continue witnessing it in my life and God will show Him and give DH wisdom to see that there is power in God's Word! Especially when WE speak it! :)

Kacey, I am just reading this! Congrats to you!!

Unhappy UpdateSo they made an offer to a lady today for my office buddy's position... sadly it was the person that we as an admin team liked the least and she suffers from season depression (I was raised by a mother that suffered from that and RUN from that type of gloominess)...

I'm bummed- but I'll make the best of it. She has to put up with us as well, so I'm praying that it'll all be good.

I'm just sad- and wanted to share that with you all. I lose my two office buddies and get a gloomy replacement that I was not impressed with when I met her.

:cry:

I told the CFO that if she wasn't nice I was moving my desk into the back office and she said that would be fine with her :)

I have a hunch she's been put in your path (& you in hers) for a reason. Hang in there. I'm confident it's all part of a "bigger plan".

Maybe you are meant to be an influence on her. You'll be in my prayers.

I prayed that God would choose the right person- I believe He did- but why did she have to appear to be so much better than me, and not as much fun? She seems so strict- I don't like strict... disciplined is one thing- unyielding is another...

I'm keeping positive about it. More positive than my office buddy- I told her she'd be coming back to training her replacement and she's not happy with who it is- but she'll be gone in 1.5 weeks so it won't matter... I am a little sad that they decided (changed their minds again) to take those projects away from me and have Nancy do them- oh well... I'll just trust God and enjoy the ride! I'm there to be a blessing anyway- so I'll keep you all informed. :)

Kitchen Diva said:
I prayed that God would choose the right person- I believe He did- but why did she have to appear to be so much better than me, and not as much fun? She seems so strict- I don't like strict... disciplined is one thing- unyielding is another...

I'm keeping positive about it. More positive than my office buddy- I told her she'd be coming back to training her replacement and she's not happy with who it is- but she'll be gone in 1.5 weeks so it won't matter... I am a little sad that they decided (changed their minds again) to take those projects away from me and have Nancy do them- oh well... I'll just trust God and enjoy the ride! I'm there to be a blessing anyway- so I'll keep you all informed. :)

BINGO!

Just finished reading this thread. Stay positive (I know you will). You never know why God has put her in your path.

You won't believe this!!!Rachel's replacement is NOT starting this week. She backed out for some reason and we aren't being told why-
Now I'm back to having to learn all those projects and Rachel leaves next Wed! I only have 1 week to learn her job so that I can do hers and mine until they find a replacement!

OH MY GOODNESS!!! Give me strength for the foolishness and mayhem that is my company!!! :yuck: :D :p :rolleyes: :eek:

I was JUST thinking about you, logged on and there you were. Wow!
Check your e-mail, there's probably a verse or two sitting there appropriate for you. ;)You'll do it!

You can do it. You're a feisty 5, after all. ;)

Just remember the little engine that could....I think I can...I think I can!
Sorry, cheesey, but that just came into my mind:D

janetupnorth said:
I was JUST thinking about you, logged on and there you were. Wow!
Check your e-mail, there's probably a verse or two sitting there appropriate for you. ;)

You'll do it!

raebates said:
You can do it. You're a feisty 5, after all. ;)

lacychef said:
Just remember the little engine that could....I think I can...I think I can!
Sorry, cheesey, but that just came into my mind:D

Thanks, Guys! I know it will all work out- I just need to stop saying I'm stressed and God will give me the power and grace and strength and organizational ability and focus to do this without Rachel around and with the uncertainty of who will replace her and when will they start?
I'm off to bed- it's late!

Janet, the verses were nice- thank you!!!
Lacy- it wasn't cheesy! Very sweet!
Rae- Rock on my #1 number 5!

I have been checking everyday to see if there is an update to this saga!:)

byrd1956 said:
I have been checking everyday to see if there is an update to this saga!:)

Honey- there's always an update to a saga! :) LOL

The company I work for is a growing one, so it's a non-stop Sagadrama! We are at the critical stages of if we don't do something soon, like hire and train more people and get a bigger building- we won't be growing anymore! We had to close the docks this week just to get caught up with what is in the three buildings we do have!

<h2>1. What happened at your job today?</h2><p>My coworker Rachel gave her notice and is leaving her job to move to CA. Jess, Rachel, and I were called into the CFO's office and were told that Jess's last day is today and Rachel is being demoted until she leaves.</p><h2>2. Why is Jess leaving?</h2><p>Jess was told that the company is going in a different direction and she is not needed at this time. The CFO could not provide any further information.</p><h2>3. Did you ask if you were next to go?</h2><p>Yes, I asked the CFO if I was next to go and she reassured me that I am not and that the company adores me. She also mentioned that they have something bigger in the works for me.</p><h2>4. Who else did you talk to about this situation?</h2><p>I also talked to the President and he sent me an email thanking me for my continued leadership and support. The CFO also mentioned that they have something bigger in the works for me.</p><h2>5. What do you think will happen next?</h2><p>I am not sure what will happen next, but it seems like I will be given more responsibility, possibly project managing and assisting the sales staff, VP, and General Manager. The executive assistant position may become more of a clerical role. I am excited for what's to come, but also a bit emotional about losing my coworkers. </p>

1. What happened at your job today?

My coworker Rachel gave her notice and is leaving her job to move to CA. Jess, Rachel, and I were called into the CFO's office and were told that Jess's last day is today and Rachel is being demoted until she leaves.

2. Why is Jess leaving?

Jess was told that the company is going in a different direction and she is not needed at this time. The CFO could not provide any further information.

3. Did you ask if you were next to go?

Yes, I asked the CFO if I was next to go and she reassured me that I am not and that the company adores me. She also mentioned that they have something bigger in the works for me.

4. Who else did you talk to about this situation?

I also talked to the President and he sent me an email thanking me for my continued leadership and support. The CFO also mentioned that they have something bigger in the works for me.

5. What do you think will happen next?

I am not sure what will happen next, but it seems like I will be given more responsibility, possibly project managing and assisting the sales staff, VP, and General Manager. The executive assistant position may become more of a clerical role. I am excited for what's to come, but also a bit emotional about losing my coworkers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Addie4TLC
Replies