• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Part Ii - Help - I Messed Up!!!!

In summary, the customer received a letter from the speaker and called them on their cell phone. They said they were sorry and felt bad, but the customer assured them it was okay and that they weren't blaming them. The customer had several overdrafts and was being charged $8 per day. They went to the bank and got one charge credited, but the others may not be removed. The speaker is glad the customer knows they are trying to make things right and is hoping for a positive outcome. The customer may have been nice because they knew they were going to overdraft anyway. Others on the thread are glad to hear there may be a resolution and suggest giving a small gift as a gesture of appreciation and apology.
pampchefrhondab
For the beginning of the story - see Help - I Messed Up!!!!

Well the customer received my letter and called me today on my cell phone. She left me a msg. and said she wasn't ignoring my calls and didn't really have any info. for me since her check was direct deposited today and she had to go talk to the bank tomorrow. I wasn't sure what that meant. She said I could call her, but she hoped to have more info. tomorrow.

I called her back and she answered. I told her I was very sorry and felt really bad. She said that was okay she wasn't blaiming me. She said, "I know $8 shouldn't make that much of a difference." I said I have been there and I understand. She said she wasn't ingoring my calls she just has to talk to the bank since her check deposited today. She said she had several overdrafts and was being charged $8 per day like someone else mentioned. She also said she took the receipt in to the bank I gave her to show them the amount. She then went on to say they credited her first overdraft. She said she is going into the branch tomorrow to try and get it cleared up. She said my letter will help. I told her to let me know if I need to go to the bank with her or if she needs another letter with more details.

So with thinking about what she said I think they credited one charge because of the PC amount being more then it should have been which was the first fee; however, I think the other ones have not been credited because she was over anyway.

She was nice and said she will call me tomorrow. I'm hoping all is going to end well.

Boy is this a lesson learned. I will never make this mistake again.

Been following this on the other thread...hope this works out for you! Atleast it sounds like she is trying to get the charges removed first instead of just trying to force you to pay all of it!

Good Luck!

Pheeeew!!! Looks like bullet dodged. I'm soooo happy and relieved for you. NO matter what the outcome is now she has made it clear that she's not blaming you for the REST of it and since she did get one credit -that one covered you! Good news! Yes lesson for all.

Keep us informed, and I'm glad she was nice to you! I bet your little heart was pounding when you listened to her message.... HUGS to you for the strength you've shown through this...

Thanks everyone. I was a little nervous Kacey, but also glad to think I might get closure on this issue!

I think she was nice because she realized she was going to overdraft anyway since she didn't get paid until today. She has been overdrafted all week and that wasn't just from the $8 extra.

I'm just glad she knows I want to make this right. I have several more shows with this group of people (from her work). She was supposed to have one herself. Hopefully if she talked about it she will tell everyone I tried to help make it right.

She should have gone to those places where they let you borrow money until your next paycheck when she first found out that stuff was bouncing all over town. I doubt that the bank will remove any of the other charges. She's the only one responsible for those.

Rhonda,

Glad to hear that there's some light at the end of the tunnel for you. I've been "lurking" on the other thread, just hadn't had time to post. Checked in today to see if you had any news.

Keeping my fingers crossed that all works out. If it does, I'd maybe give her a mini-serving spatula or something small just to show your appreciation/apologize.

dianevill said:
Rhonda,

Glad to hear that there's some light at the end of the tunnel for you. I've been "lurking" on the other thread, just hadn't had time to post. Checked in today to see if you had any news.

Keeping my fingers crossed that all works out. If it does, I'd maybe give her a mini-serving spatula or something small just to show your appreciation/apologize.

Or a calculator to keep track of her stuff!

Addie4TLC said:
She should have gone to those places where they let you borrow money until your next paycheck when she first found out that stuff was bouncing all over town. I doubt that the bank will remove any of the other charges. She's the only one responsible for those.
All of those places have closed around here. Word is the fee they charge is being interpreted as interest, and the gov. says they cannot charge that much interest. There is a group trying to get it on the ballot so they will be able to open again.

Wow, that's news to me. They are everywhere here in California so I'm guessing they are popular. A better alternative to loansharks. :)

The calculator idea is so funny!!

I guess it was probably too late for the cash advance place once the overdrafts came. I think she had a mis calculation for sure. I'm hoping I hear from her tomorrow that all is taken care of. Even if she did have to pay her own overdrafts.

Rhonda I am so glad that things are looking up for you. Please let us know how it all worked out.

Addie4TLC said:
Wow, that's news to me. They are everywhere here in California so I'm guessing they are popular. A better alternative to loansharks. :)
The ARE loansharks! The interest rates charged at those places are ridiculous. Maybe not $8 a day ridiculous - so it still may have been an option for her.

Glad to hear that it's getting worked out.

Addie4TLC said:

No, they pretty much are loansharks. Their interest rates can be 100%+. There is no such thing as a free lunch.

Well no call from the host yesterday. My guess is the overdraft was not my fault.

PC was willing to work with me and her bank to get the fees credits and then they were going to take it out of my comission check. I'm going to see if they can credit the $8.54 and take it from my comission as a good faith gesture to this customer. Even though she actually got the other products. We will see what they say. They said they normally don't do that but realized $200 was a large sum of money.

I'll keep you posted.

I bet she is not a little embarrassed that she blamed you for her error- especially since she made such a big fuss about it. I am happy that things are working out!

I agree you should bill her for pain and suffering!

Good one! Loansharks! LOL

1. What should I do if I accidentally burned my Pampered Chef stoneware?

If you accidentally burned your stoneware, do not worry! It is still safe to use and can be cleaned with a mixture of baking soda and water. Simply apply the mixture to the burned area, let it sit for a few hours, and then scrub with a non-abrasive sponge. Rinse thoroughly and your stoneware will be good as new.

2. Can I still use my Pampered Chef knives if they have rust spots?

Rust spots on your knives can be common, especially when they are exposed to water for extended periods of time. However, this does not mean they are unusable. Simply use a rust eraser or a mixture of lemon juice and salt to remove the rust. Make sure to dry your knives completely after each use to prevent future rusting.

3. How do I fix a broken handle on my Pampered Chef cookware?

If the handle on your cookware has broken, it can still be fixed. You can purchase replacement handles from our website or contact a Pampered Chef consultant for assistance. Once you have the replacement handle, follow the instructions provided to remove the old handle and attach the new one.

4. My Pampered Chef non-stick pan is no longer non-stick, what can I do?

Over time, the non-stick coating on your pan may wear off. To restore its non-stick properties, try washing the pan with warm soapy water and a non-scratch sponge. If that does not work, you can try seasoning the pan by lightly coating it with vegetable oil and baking it in the oven for an hour at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

5. Can I put my Pampered Chef cookware in the dishwasher?

Although some of our products are dishwasher safe, we recommend hand washing all of our cookware to prolong its life. The high heat and harsh detergents in dishwashers can cause damage to the non-stick coating and other materials. Always refer to the care instructions included with your specific product to ensure proper cleaning and maintenance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
gailz2
  • Shawnna
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cookindiva63
  • patty42240
  • General Chat
Replies