• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

It's Official- I'm Insane! Part Ii

In summary, Kacey's office buddy Rachel is leaving her job to move to California and Jess, Rachel's assistant, is being given her old job back and is being demoted until she leaves. Today, Rachel cried and Jess cried and Kacey felt like she was smacked with a 2x4 that came out of nowhere. It was told in a meeting that Todd and David, the owners/presidents of the company, are going in a different direction and Jess is not needed at this time. Kacey asked the CFO if she could be the executive assistant again, and was told no. She was told that she is loved and appreciated, Todd and David love her, Bob, the DH
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
Okay, soooo today was an interesting day. Let me get you all up to speed from the other thread.

My office buddy (the executive assistant to the owners/presidents) Rachel, gave her notice on Monday and is leaving her job to move to CA. She'll be gone the end of August. Rachel and I have an assistant, named Jess- she was temp to hire just like me.

Today, Jess, Rachel and I get called into the CFO's office (yes, that one) and she told Jess that they loved her, and thought she was doing great, but today was going to be her last day. And, all of the Accounts Payable and Receivables that Rachel was doing (and sadly not doing well-because she's not an accountant) was to be handed back over to the CFO- and Rachel was to move back to the front office, and was essentially being demoted until she leaves.

End of meeting....

So Rachel goes and cries, and Jess goes and cries and I feel like I've been smacked with a 2x4 that came out of nowhere. We were told in our meeting that Todd and David are going to take the company in a different direction, and Jess wasn't needed at this time and that's all she could say.

So I went back into her office and sadly, I got hormonal. Let's face it- the past 3-4 years (especially the past 6 months ) have been nothing short of immensely stressful- so I'm a little hormonal and close to tears often, even though I am NOT a crier!

I Asked the CFO- that even though she couldn't expand upon what all was going to be happening could she at least tell me if I was next to go?

She said- Absolutely not! You are adored here, Todd and David love you, Bob (her DH- and one of the guys I assist) is so pleased with how quickly you've caught on, and he says that you really "get-it" and you are so organized, blah, blah blah... so we had a talk about the caliber of people coming in for Rachel's job and I told her what the temp company said they'd have to pay this person for that job. She said, Really, well then you should be getting a similar salary because we're going to be giving you 3 of the main projects that Rachel used to be in charge of, AND you are the assistant to a VP, two General Managers and two sales associates, so you are an executive assistant, too-

The discussion went on and Bob was called in to tell me how great he thought I was and I left feeling better about what had just happened. Still sad for Jess and Rachel, but glad that they were still happy with my performance.

Then I get this email from the President that said "Kristine- Thanks for your continued leadership and support. I look forward to working with you in more detail as we adapt to change and continue the growth of and maturity of MPC. Have a great weekend. Todd

Holy COW! How neat is that?

I told the CFO I was at peace about not taking Rachel's position and she said she thinks they have something even bigger in the works for me. Interestingly enough after that email I sort of thought that myself- before I even mentioned this email to the CFO- I asked her if she emailed Todd to tell him to cheer me up- and she said, no- not at all...what did he say.

So, yeah, I printed the email and brought it home. :D

I don't think they'll use me as the executive assistant because they are going to be giving me more responsibility than that, and making the executive assistant position more of a clerical role, and my role will be more project managing and sales staff, VP and General Manager assisting.I don't know what is to come, but I just had to share this!
It's been an emotional week- I've lost my assistant, whom I adored, and will be losing Rachel in 3 weeks...and I know big things are to come but I have no idea what they are!

And all I can think to do is primal scream in my pillow! :D:eek:

How insane was my day!?!?!?!

Last edited:
Oh Kacey!!!! That sounds wonderful!!!! I am so glad to hear that things are looking up for you!!!
I wish you the best in everything!!!

WHOHOO!!!! (That's better than a WAHOO!)Yeah God and yeah for you!God's plans are ALWAYS better than ours!

WOW!!Happy and sad for you and your situation. It's hard to lose a friend at work suddenly. But way to go on doing a great job!

Yeah Kacey!

Just got home and checking CS for the 1,000 things I missed!

KellyTheChef said:
Yeah Kacey!

Just got home and checking CS for the 1,000 things I missed!

I missed your birthday! I stink!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :)

Kitchen Diva said:

You missed that big thread I started for her????

Kitchen Diva said:

So, did you miss Janet's birthday too? Where were you that day, Kacey? Was that when you were so sick?

Congrats Kacey :) I hope your life settles down some now for you :) or at the least get less crazy :)

chefann said:
WOW!!

Happy and sad for you and your situation. It's hard to lose a friend at work suddenly. But way to go on doing a great job!

Yeah, I was really sad when Rachel said she was leaving... then to have Jess terminated was a hard blow- I love them both...

But I also know well enough that business is business and sometimes you have to make sucky decisions.

YAY!!!!! I am SO excited for you, you don't even understand!

ChefBeckyD said:
So, did you miss Janet's birthday too? Where were you that day, Kacey? Was that when you were so sick?

Nope, she remembered me! :p

Actually the night before she remembered me.

Of course, she wasn't online much that day...

janetupnorth said:
You missed that big thread I started for her????

um- yes...

:(

ChefBeckyD said:

I knew I wouldn't be on during Janet's b-day so I sent her a Happy B-day wish the day before her B-day...

Kelly's I just missed all together because I'm a TWIT!:cry:

Kitchen Diva said:
um- yes...

:(

I'm sure she'll forgive you...

At least you weren't her husband forgetting her birthday!

Not that I would know anyone that did that...

GourmetGirl said:
YAY!!!!! I am SO excited for you, you don't even understand!

So then let's celebrate with melted cheese...like Mozzarella sticks! :) Can you eat cheese?

Kitchen Diva said:
So then let's celebrate with melted cheese...like Mozzarella sticks! :) Can you eat cheese?

I can't have cheese :( But I may have to make an exception for you and this celebrations!

Kitchen Diva said:
I knew I wouldn't be on during Janet's b-day so I sent her a Happy B-day wish the day before her B-day...

Kelly's I just missed all together because I'm a TWIT!:cry:

OK Kacey - you are a TWIT - LOL! You left her a birthday message on her profile!

Don't worry I'm calling you a TWIT with love. ;)

janetupnorth said:
OK Kacey - you are a TWIT - LOL! You left her a birthday message on her profile!

LOL - that is so funny! Kacey - I'm sure it was all of the pain and drugs....you just have no memory of the day!:D

And we have completely taken over your Insane thread...there's actually something logical about that though, isn't there?

WOW! You are always so full of news! Glad your roller coaster life is on the uphill but sorry about your friends.

I have to admit I'm still laughing out loud here at home over that! I don't know why it struck me as so funny!Kacey - thanks for the laugh! I needed it!

janetupnorth said:

No- that's MAD COW! I did something and didn't even remember! I'm just special...and in a yellow school bus sort of way...

children_riding_schoo_a_mw-1.gif

BethCooks4U said:
WOW! You are always so full of news! Glad your roller coaster life is on the uphill but sorry about your friends.

I'm not sure it's "news" I'm full of! :) LOL

But, yes- I have a "festive" life to say the least! :)

janetupnorth said:
I have to admit I'm still laughing out loud here at home over that! I don't know why it struck me as so funny!

Kacey - thanks for the laugh! I needed it!

Glad I could be of assistance. I so don't remember going to her profile page! I'm sure I'll have to call the best head doctors on Monday! Good Grief!

No, now this is a mad cow:http://www.j-food.com/jfood/madcow1.htm

janetupnorth said:
No, now this is a mad cow:

http://www.j-food.com/jfood/madcow1.htm

That mad cow joke is as bad as the dancing banana's!

mistick_bananaparty.gif

(like you didn't know they were coming!)

That joke used to crack me up when it came out in the mid-90's. It used to be my favorite.

Well, I'm off to bed- the glare from the double monitors is getting harder and harder to get rid of with over the counter pills- I'm going to ask if they wil order screen thingys for me on Monday. It's either that, or move the windows in my "office"...

:)

Good night ladies, and thanks for riding along with me on my magic carpet ride called my life! :)

...just don't eat magic brownies before riding on the magic carpet. ;)

janetupnorth said:
...just don't eat magic brownies before riding on the magic carpet. ;)

Ooo, I LOVE brownies! :)

off to slumber land- talk to you all tomorrow...

Kacey, as your cyber-momma I'm so proud of you! God is truly good. He just has a really odd sense of humor sometimes. ;)

Kacey,
I'm so happy for you! Way to go! It's about time things start looking up for you.:)

Kacey,
I'm sorry that it turned out to be such an emotional day. It does sound like they have great things in store for you though! How exciting!
God bless,
Amanda

I got goose bumps as I read your posting. It sounds like you have found a place that appreciates (and realizes) all you have to offer. Very very very happy for you.

Wow, what a day! Wahoo:)

Wow this is great news! I'm so happy for you. I knew they liked you:)!

pampchefrhondab said:
Wow this is great news! I'm so happy for you. I knew they liked you:)!

It's because I have Chutzpah! :) LOL

I'm excited, too! The way that meeting was going I was half expecting all of us to get canned...I'm a little sensitive to stuff like that since DH has been unable to find work during the last 3 months...

I'm excited, too! I'm just going to keep working hard, organizing things, and smiling and being positive... so far being myself is doing me some good and it'll be exciting to see what they have in store.

I actually hope it's that they'll let me run their new Philedelphia office and I already know they would like to use DH for their sales manager out there...but it's a timing thing and it won't be ready until early next year...

We'll see!

Thanks for all the nice words, everyone. I feel a little zoned out today- I think it's from the emotional week.

On a side note, please pray for my DH- he's let Satan convince him that God has forgotten all about him...which I know isn't true- but he's been listening to those negative recordings from Satan for 45 years, so the happy recordings are not loud enough yet for DH to let them drown out the negativity...

Kacey, let me share a story about a friend of mine for you to share with your DH.Bob and his family know that God has called them to a particular ministry. Things seemed to be going well, when they hit a HUGE brick wall. After much prayer, they came to the conclusion that God was telling them to wait. That night they were watching television. The man they were watching began talking about the fact that when God shuts one door he always opens another one. However, he doesn't always open it right away. It's like you're trapped in the hallway. You know there's a way out. You just need to wait there patiently (while doing the things you know you're supposed to do), until He opens that next door.God hasn't forgotten your DH. He's just letting him cool his heels a while in the hallway.

Kacey, I am happy for you. Keep us posted. We are all rooting for you. :thumbup:

raebates said:
Kacey, let me share a story about a friend of mine for you to share with your DH.

Bob and his family know that God has called them to a particular ministry. Things seemed to be going well, when they hit a HUGE brick wall. After much prayer, they came to the conclusion that God was telling them to wait. That night they were watching television. The man they were watching began talking about the fact that when God shuts one door he always opens another one. However, he doesn't always open it right away. It's like you're trapped in the hallway. You know there's a way out. You just need to wait there patiently (while doing the things you know you're supposed to do), until He opens that next door.

God hasn't forgotten your DH. He's just letting him cool his heels a while in the hallway.

See, Rae...it's things like that-which make me happy that you are my Cyber Momma! :) I love ya! I'm going to share that with DH right now...

(I think someone in our neighborhood is smoking "the pot" and it's blolwing in with the wind through my office window and I'm not feeling so hot!) YUCK!:yuck:

Kacey - have DH go to Pine Grove Community Church
Click on sermon library and listen to the one from 7/20.
"The Heart Cry of Those During Divine Delays"

janetupnorth said:
Kacey - have DH go to Pine Grove Community Church
Click on sermon library and listen to the one from 7/20.
"The Heart Cry of Those During Divine Delays"

Thanks, Janet I will do that!

I'll forward this on to DH, too!

Thanks for the support for DH, guys! I told him today that he needed to open up to me so I could be a more effective prayer warrior for him. I also told him about times that I will email some of you from work, or quickly start a thread saying I need prayer, and how within minutes of asking for it, you all come through and I start having victory, or peace, or I get energy, or wisdom for a situation... I told him that he was not meant to struggle alone, and Satan wants him to feel like he's alone so he never has any victory!

I told him that I knew you would all be more than happy to cover him in prayer if he ever needed it, until he could get some friends of his own. :)

janetupnorth said:
WHOHOO!!!! (That's better than a WAHOO!)

Yeah God and yeah for you!

God's plans are ALWAYS better than ours!

So, where does Whahooey fit into that category, then? :) How is your foot doing? Did you get it x-rayed yet?

First of all Kacey, I am so glad things are starting to look up for you. I will pray for DH.

raebates said:
Kacey, let me share a story about a friend of mine for you to share with your DH.

Bob and his family know that God has called them to a particular ministry. Things seemed to be going well, when they hit a HUGE brick wall. After much prayer, they came to the conclusion that God was telling them to wait. That night they were watching television. The man they were watching began talking about the fact that when God shuts one door he always opens another one. However, he doesn't always open it right away. It's like you're trapped in the hallway. You know there's a way out. You just need to wait there patiently (while doing the things you know you're supposed to do), until He opens that next door.

Also, Rae this story has hit me in such a profound way, because the entire time I was reading it I cried and I am still crying.:cry:

Wow, thank you for sharing that with Kacey so I could see it.

I think God does that for a reason! If things always go right or we forge ahead and things happen, we so easily forget that HE did it and focus on our own abilities and ambitions. He has to slow us down so we remember that we need to rely on Him to do things.Also, if we rush ahead to do things, we forget to look around our current situation and find the obvious blessings that are all around us!

Glad their story helped.And, Janet, I agree wholeheartedly.

That is a great story Rae.:)

a saying I have always tried to live by.....'if you can't pray a door open, don't try to pry it open'

raebates said:
Kacey, as your cyber-momma I'm so proud of you! God is truly good. He just has a really odd sense of humor sometimes. ;)

Awww- I'm blushing! :) Hey everybody- I made my mom PROUD!!!

Hey Greg- we need a PROUD mood icon...

:D

<h2>1. What happened at your job today?</h2><p>My coworker Rachel gave her notice and is leaving her job to move to CA. Jess, Rachel, and I were called into the CFO's office and were told that Jess's last day is today and Rachel is being demoted until she leaves.</p><h2>2. Why is Jess leaving?</h2><p>Jess was told that the company is going in a different direction and she is not needed at this time. The CFO could not provide any further information.</p><h2>3. Did you ask if you were next to go?</h2><p>Yes, I asked the CFO if I was next to go and she reassured me that I am not and that the company adores me. She also mentioned that they have something bigger in the works for me.</p><h2>4. Who else did you talk to about this situation?</h2><p>I also talked to the President and he sent me an email thanking me for my continued leadership and support. The CFO also mentioned that they have something bigger in the works for me.</p><h2>5. What do you think will happen next?</h2><p>I am not sure what will happen next, but it seems like I will be given more responsibility, possibly project managing and assisting the sales staff, VP, and General Manager. The executive assistant position may become more of a clerical role. I am excited for what's to come, but also a bit emotional about losing my coworkers. </p>

1. What happened at your job today?

My coworker Rachel gave her notice and is leaving her job to move to CA. Jess, Rachel, and I were called into the CFO's office and were told that Jess's last day is today and Rachel is being demoted until she leaves.

2. Why is Jess leaving?

Jess was told that the company is going in a different direction and she is not needed at this time. The CFO could not provide any further information.

3. Did you ask if you were next to go?

Yes, I asked the CFO if I was next to go and she reassured me that I am not and that the company adores me. She also mentioned that they have something bigger in the works for me.

4. Who else did you talk to about this situation?

I also talked to the President and he sent me an email thanking me for my continued leadership and support. The CFO also mentioned that they have something bigger in the works for me.

5. What do you think will happen next?

I am not sure what will happen next, but it seems like I will be given more responsibility, possibly project managing and assisting the sales staff, VP, and General Manager. The executive assistant position may become more of a clerical role. I am excited for what's to come, but also a bit emotional about losing my coworkers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Addie4TLC
Replies