• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Applying for a Stressful, Chaotic Job Insanity?

In summary, Kacey applied for a promotion at her job and if she gets the position, she will be making enough money that her husband can go to school and not worry about working. She is sad that her office buddy, Rachel, is moving to San Francisco.
I know they will hire you for the job! There is something to be said about being busy. I wish my day job was! We are really slow right now!

Let us know when they give you the promotion so we can celebrate w/you!

So Kacey, how was the day - any progress to being interviewed?

Well guys it looks like they are not intertested in interviewing me for the position. They have avoided Rachel's emails all day- which Rachel says is their way of saying no- she would know, she's been their assistant for 10 months.

That's all I know and I don't know anything else. I'm extremely tired today so I'm going to go soak in the tub, read for a bit and go to bed. Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers, but it looks like God wants to keep me right where I am for now-

Tootles...

Kitchen Diva said:
Well guys it looks like they are not intertested in interviewing me for the position. They have avoided Rachel's emails all day- which Rachel says is their way of saying no- she would know, she's been their assistant for 10 months.That's all I know and I don't know anything else. I'm extremely tired today so I'm going to go soak in the tub, read for a bit and go to bed. Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers, but it looks like God wants to keep me right where I am for now-Tootles...
Well, don't give up, persistence pays off. Did you express to them you are interested in interviewing or go just through her?These are young ambitious businessmen, show some enthusiasm and determination.(...and go enjoy that bath!)

janetupnorth said:
Well, don't give up, persistence pays off. Did you express to them you are interested in interviewing or go just through her?

These are young ambitious businessmen, show some enthusiasm and determination.

(...and go enjoy that bath!)

I don't know the best way to go about that...For some reason I feel that being a temp prohibits me from stepping over boundaries, imaginary or otherwise, so I feel a little off about telling them I'm interested. My assistant, Jess said she was going to send them an email telling them she thinks I'd be great for the job, and I already have my replacement lined up.

Anywhoo---Part of me feels if they want me, they'll let me know and part of me agrees with you, Janet...

btw, how is your ankle?

Kitchen Diva said:
I don't know the best way to go about that...For some reason I feel that being a temp prohibits me from stepping over boundaries, imaginary or otherwise, so I feel a little off about telling them I'm interested. My assistant, Jess said she was going to send them an email telling them she thinks I'd be great for the job, and I already have my replacement lined up.

Anywhoo---Part of me feels if they want me, they'll let me know and part of me agrees with you, Janet...

btw, how is your ankle?

Hey, being a temp means you have just as much as a right to apply as Suzy off the street.

Hopefully Jess will send that and open doors and I'd put a resume and cover letter in their mailbox!

Ankle is better, I can see my ankle bone again today - yeah! I'll have to post a progression picture! ;)

janetupnorth said:
Hey, being a temp means you have just as much as a right to apply as Suzy off the street.

Hopefully Jess will send that and open doors and I'd put a resume and cover letter in their mailbox!

Ankle is better, I can see my ankle bone again today - yeah! I'll have to post a progression picture! ;)

Please do! When I opened the threas for Carolyn I was a little freaked out!

janetupnorth said:

I know I have a right, but for some reason I don't want to press my luck- AND my resume shows my management background, and sales background- it does not show my administrative background which for the most part is about 7 years old- I could include that in my cover letter- but I've done so much it could get wordy, and I'm NOT good at bullet pointing...

But you are right, I should let them know I'm interested myself- having Rachel tell them I'm interested- although a good idea, since she's trying to find her replacement- might have looked better if I had followed up with them as well...

I'll sleep on it- I have a headache- I get one every day at work because both my computer monitors face the windows at my back- I love having a corner cube/office and LOVE windows, but I can't rearrange my desk to eliminate the glare, so I get a headache every day- for some reason, this one does not want to go away! :(

Glad your ankel is better, feel free to post a picture and hijack my thread- at least that is more interesting than my bosses showing no interest in me for their assistant position.

Kitchen Diva said:
For example:
Todd calls Rachel from NY and says, I need a car to pick us up at this address in one hour, call and find us one... so she has to just look online to find car services, etc that can get a car and driver out to them in BUSY NY in one hour!!! Insane! I'd be like- "Flag a Taxi, dude"... :) LOL
I just got on here from a number of days off. This quote makes me think of the Devil Wears Prada! Kacey, from the little I've known you here I think you sound like a great go getter and you would put your all into any position. These two guys just may not want people telling them what to do...as in everyone saying you should get the job..... Any way you can 'temp' the position so they can see your potential?

byrd1956 said:
I just got on here from a number of days off. This quote makes me think of the Devil Wears Prada! Kacey, from the little I've known you here I think you sound like a great go getter and you would put your all into any position. These two guys just may not want people telling them what to do...as in everyone saying you should get the job..... Any way you can 'temp' the position so they can see your potential?

Oh, I would never tell them what to do- When Rachel was telling me this story I was like What did you do? How did you find them a car for NY from MN??? I had NO idea to even know where to begin- that's why I said Rachel was a little more creative than I was pertaining to things like this- she said she just googled car services and if the website looked professional, she called them and told them where to pick the guys up- I would never say get a taxi- but I would be thinking it! :) LOL

Oh, and these guys are just like the lady from the Devil wears prada, as far as what I'd be doing- but add a TON of clerical and administrative tasks to that, but the difference is they are nice and know my name! And, they don't throw their coats on my desk! :)

Kacey, they make glare guards for computer monitors. It's like a thin mesh. You can see through it fine, but it doesn't allow the glare. For your health's sake, check into it.

Don't worry about the white hair, with the extra income you can afford to find a good colorist!

Full steam ahead I always say. Sometimes you have to dive into the deep end to really get the most out of the pool.

We are all with you.

Kitchen Diva said:
So- I'm insane- I'd be doing everything for two very young, rich, insane guys with a vision to grow their company faster than we can keep up with things... am I nuts, or what?

Kacey,

Bummer they don't appear to want you. Hope you get it blahblahblah.

Now, let's get to the important things....

are they single?

:)

(You know I love ya! But I love young, rich, insane guys too :)

so how about today?! Any word today?

I am praying for you!!!

Dont give up hope yet. Maybe the BOYS need to think about it.

Kacey... I've just read through this thread and all I can think of is what God has carried your through over the last what?... six crazy months or more??? And now you're in a job, albiet insane, but job you are loving! TOO COOL!!!!!! DO NOT underestimate JESUS and the blessings He wants you to have. DO NOT give up! ASK JESUS and your bosses for this job!!!!!!!!!! If Jesus wants you to have it, HE will give it to you!!!!! And He will make those dudes realize that they need you in that position! If Jesus doesn't want this level of insanity for you right now.. thank Him and keep doing the awesome job you are doing right now! Just keep shining for Him sister! SHINE!

Jean DeVries said:
Kacey,

Bummer they don't appear to want you. Hope you get it blahblahblah.

Now, let's get to the important things....

are they single?

:)

(You know I love ya! But I love young, rich, insane guys too :)

Sadly they are both married, and both Jewish- We do have a couple of young guys in our IT department I could set you up with... you just let me know! :)

<H2>1. What are the main responsibilities of an Executive Assistant at your company?</H2><p>As an Executive Assistant at Pampered Chef, your main responsibilities would include managing the schedules and calendars of the company's executives, organizing and coordinating meetings and events, handling correspondence and communication with clients and partners, and providing administrative support to ensure the smooth operation of the company.</p><H2>2. Is the job of an Executive Assistant at your company stressful and chaotic?</H2><p>The job of an Executive Assistant can be demanding and fast-paced at times, as you will be responsible for managing multiple tasks and priorities. However, our company culture promotes a positive and supportive work environment, and we have a great team in place to help manage the workload. With proper time management and organizational skills, the job can be fulfilling and rewarding.</p><H2>3. How long does it typically take to train for an Executive Assistant position at your company?</H2><p>The training process for an Executive Assistant position at our company can vary depending on the individual's experience and skills. However, we do have a thorough training program in place to ensure that our new employees are equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to excel in their roles. On average, it may take 1-2 weeks to fully train for the position.</p><H2>4. What qualities do you look for in a candidate for the Executive Assistant position?</H2><p>We look for candidates who have excellent organizational and time management skills, strong communication and interpersonal abilities, and the ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Attention to detail, a positive attitude, and the ability to multitask are also important qualities that we value in an Executive Assistant.</p><H2>5. Is there room for growth and advancement within the company for an Executive Assistant?</H2><p>Absolutely! We believe in promoting from within and providing opportunities for our employees to grow and develop their skills. As an Executive Assistant, you will have the chance to work closely with the company's executives and gain valuable experience and knowledge that can lead to future advancement opportunities within the company.</p>

1. What are the main responsibilities of an Executive Assistant at your company?

As an Executive Assistant at Pampered Chef, your main responsibilities would include managing the schedules and calendars of the company's executives, organizing and coordinating meetings and events, handling correspondence and communication with clients and partners, and providing administrative support to ensure the smooth operation of the company.

2. Is the job of an Executive Assistant at your company stressful and chaotic?

The job of an Executive Assistant can be demanding and fast-paced at times, as you will be responsible for managing multiple tasks and priorities. However, our company culture promotes a positive and supportive work environment, and we have a great team in place to help manage the workload. With proper time management and organizational skills, the job can be fulfilling and rewarding.

3. How long does it typically take to train for an Executive Assistant position at your company?

The training process for an Executive Assistant position at our company can vary depending on the individual's experience and skills. However, we do have a thorough training program in place to ensure that our new employees are equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to excel in their roles. On average, it may take 1-2 weeks to fully train for the position.

4. What qualities do you look for in a candidate for the Executive Assistant position?

We look for candidates who have excellent organizational and time management skills, strong communication and interpersonal abilities, and the ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Attention to detail, a positive attitude, and the ability to multitask are also important qualities that we value in an Executive Assistant.

5. Is there room for growth and advancement within the company for an Executive Assistant?

Absolutely! We believe in promoting from within and providing opportunities for our employees to grow and develop their skills. As an Executive Assistant, you will have the chance to work closely with the company's executives and gain valuable experience and knowledge that can lead to future advancement opportunities within the company.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
Replies