• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Applying for a Stressful, Chaotic Job Insanity?

In summary, Kacey applied for a promotion at her job and if she gets the position, she will be making enough money that her husband can go to school and not worry about working. She is sad that her office buddy, Rachel, is moving to San Francisco.
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
Hi everyone-

I just applied for a promotion at my job. I did it because my current job isn't stressful, exhausting or chaotic enough- I had to go and throw my name in the hat for the Executive Assistant position... If I get this job not only will I have a full head of white hair within 2 years, but I will also be making enough money that DH can go to school and not worry about working at all- unless he just wants a part time job at a woodworking tool store, or something like that...

I guess prayers that the owners would be open to interviewing me. They have told me that they think I'm awesome and am the perfect addition to their company...

I just found out Tuesday that my office Buddy, Rachel *the current exec assistant) was packing up her life and moving to San Fransciso because she's burnt out and too young to have a job this insane, and she wants to start over where she doesn't know anyone, etc. etc... I was pretty sad- I actually cried when I got home yesterday because she's the first girl/woman I've ever worked with that wasn't about stabbing my back, lying about me, trying to get ahead in the company by bashing me, she isn't a gossip, and she doesn't hold it against me when I need to blow off steam- and now she's leaving!

We have a great working realationship and really get eachother and how things need to be done, we get along well with our assistant, Jess- but I've only been with this company for 2 months so we're really gonna miss her.

She emailed Todd and David and told them that she really thinks I should be the one to replace her and it would be easier to train someone for my job than it would be to hire someone and train them to do her job in about 1-2 weeks time... So send your happy prayers this way and I'll let you know how things go.

So- I'm insane- I'd be doing everything for two very young, rich, insane guys with a vision to grow their company faster than we can keep up with things... am I nuts, or what?

Cool-how exciting!!! Good luck! When do you think you'll hear if you will get to officially interview for it??

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 You might just need it.............

Fingers crossed here :) Keep us posted!

Yup girlfriend - YOU are insane!!!!! Love ya but .......... chill and breathe! LOL! YOU are such a 5!

Kacey:

You're not insane, you are following your heart. Go for it!

pamperedbecky said:
Cool-how exciting!!! Good luck! When do you think you'll hear if you will get to officially interview for it??

I should hear tomorrow if they'd be interested in me as a candidate... I've already got my replacement picked out- so that might be my trump card! :) And, the good thing is that she's done my current job before- and for a much busier company, so I know she'd be able to do a great job, and maybe even do it better than I can do it!

I'll let you guys know. I won't be upset if they would prefer that Rachel look for other candidates because I've only been there for 2 months and I'd have to be a temp for another 2 weeks after Rachel leaves, but after that, I could get my raise, and annual bonuses, and free meals at the snazzy restaurant they own, discounted tanning at the tanning salon company they own...and other perks- like driving David's Porsche to go and get their Starbucks! :)

Flamingo said:
Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 You might just need it.............

I might need a padded cell and a straight jacket, too! :):yuck:

Good Luck Kacey! I hope it all works out for you.

Wow! Even if it's a bit more stressful, sounds like it has some nice perks too. Just have to weigh them out.
And when you do get it, just remember (I'm assuming you aren't contracted), if it does become too much you could always leave or maybe demote back to where you started. It's not forever, might as well take the chance!

Bren706 said:
Good Luck Kacey! I hope it all works out for you.

If it does, I may need to start drinking just so I can sleep at night! LOL Rachel went over a 7 page outline of her job duties with me today, and she said- You will get emails on your blackberry at 2:00 am- Don't answer them- it will make Todd and David feel bad- just answer them when you get in the following morning! :) LOL

I don't see any reason why they wouldn't consider me- I have 18 years of managment experience, if I can't manage the day to day things for two guys in their early 30's but can manage a team of 50...then something is wrong! :)

...just got online - good luck Kacey!Who knows yet what God has planned for you!

Good luck Kacey! But it sounds like with your skill and experience you don't need much luck :D

Oh Kacey, I hope it works out for you. Please keep us posted.

Just read the title to the post and thought to myself.
You are just now coming to this realization?????:love::D:love::D:p

Going and growing company? Find a way to get a piece of the action and don't kill yourself for them unless you do.

krzymomof4 said:

That's what I thought - she's just now figuring out what the rest of us already know.

krzymomof4 said:

Oh MYLANTA! I'm laughing so hard right now!!! That is too funny. Yes, of course I already knew this, but admiting it out loud is the first step, right? :)

Good luck! Sounds like a great opportunity:)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Going and growing company?

Find a way to get a piece of the action and don't kill yourself for them unless you do.

Aren't annual bonuses a piece of the action? :) I would buy stocks, but they don't match their 401K- I think it's because it's still a small company, but it's grown from 17 to almost 175 people in one year! And we're adding to that number each week!!! It's insane!

Get stock options if you can, get ahold of any stock you can. Someday, when the company has 1,750 employees, you're going to look pretty shrewd. ;)

Kacey!!! I am so excited for you!! I am going to say my prayers for you that you are one in consideration, land this job, and knock everyone's socks off at how well you do!! I am so happy for you!!!! Good luck!!!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Get stock options if you can, get ahold of any stock you can. Someday, when the company has 1,750 employees, you're going to look pretty shrewd. ;)

Ooo, I've been called many things (like insane...) but never shrewd! I think I can get used to being shrewd! :)

Plus it's an electronics recycling company- it's the wave of the future. :)

So- should I ask for a slightly lower salary with stock options, or a slightly bigger salary with stock options?

pampered.chris said:
Kacey!!! I am so excited for you!! I am going to say my prayers for you that you are one in consideration, land this job, and knock everyone's socks off at how well you do!! I am so happy for you!!!! Good luck!!!

It's funny because I told Rachel that DH said "Hey, that's a great promotion opportunity for you" And I said I told DH- I would never want Rachel's job, I'd pull my hair out... And Rachel said- why? I think you'd rock at this job... so I asked her if she really meant it, and she said yes! So we set aside time today before we left for the day to discuss it further...

I'm actually sort of excited about it for some reason- I think that's part of the insanity! Rachel got burnt out after only 10 months. I'm hoping that the fact that I'm 15 years older than her and have that much more experience will keep me from getting burnt out as well. I am a much more organized person than she is- but she is a much more creative thinker on certain things than I am-
For example:
Todd calls Rachel from NY and says, I need a car to pick us up at this address in one hour, call and find us one... so she has to just look online to find car services, etc that can get a car and driver out to them in BUSY NY in one hour!!! Insane! I'd be like- "Flag a Taxi, dude"... :) LOL

Does it pay enough to buy a good bottle of Miss Clarol?

If so then go for it!

Ask for the bigger salary with stock options; you can always negotiate down, you can't go up again....

Di_Can_Cook said:
Does it pay enough to buy a good bottle of Miss Clarol?

If so then go for it!

Yes- it pays enough that DH would not have to work if he didn't want to, or at least wouldn't have to worry about finding a job before his unemployment runs out.. so yes, I could buy quite a few boxes of Miss Clarol- heck, I could go to the Salon and have THEM do it! :) LOL

Kathy's_Kitchen said:
Ask for the bigger salary with stock options; you can always negotiate down, you can't go up again....

Ooo, as KG would say- very shrewd! :) LOL Thanks for the advice! I'm asking for a salary figure that is in the middle of what Executive Assistants make in the zip code where our office is.

Kitchen Diva said:
Ooo, I've been called many things (like insane...) but never shrewd! I think I can get used to being shrewd! :)

Plus it's an electronics recycling company- it's the wave of the future. :)

So- should I ask for a slightly lower salary with stock options, or a slightly bigger salary with stock options?

I used to know someone who was shrewd but also a shrew.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I used to know someone who was shrewd but also a shrew.

I saw the Taming of the Shrew---

I just got home from an insane show, so I felt compelled to click on this thread.........but I am confused, Kacey....I thought your sanity, or lack thereof, was already established???????????????

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

almost done with the dog book~good stuff!

Good luck, and I wish you the best!!
That is so awesome that you found such a great company and people to work with, that is truly a blessing (believe me)!!!

Keep us posted!!

pampcheflisa said:
Good luck, and I wish you the best!!
That is so awesome that you found such a great company and people to work with, that is truly a blessing (believe me)!!!

Keep us posted!!

You're telling me!!! I've worked for quite a few crappy companies and bosses!

chefmeg said:
I just got home from an insane show, so I felt compelled to click on this thread.........but I am confused, Kacey....I thought your sanity, or lack thereof, was already established???????????????

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

almost done with the dog book~good stuff!

No sweetie, that was a thread about YOUR sanity or lack there of! :) LOL

Glad you are enjoying the book. I'm off for the night- I'm tired!

Kacey, forget asking about the middle of what they make in your zip code - ask for the top! You have crazy amounts of experience more than the leaving chica does and it sounds like you will deserve the high salary with all your job expectations (and like Kathy said you can always negotiate down). I'll be thinking way good thought for you! I think we need to do some dinner before you start on this and are too tired to go to dinner after work :)

Good luck!! Sounds like a great opportunity!

Good luck girlfriend, I will be sending good vibes your way :)

GourmetGirl said:
Kacey, forget asking about the middle of what they make in your zip code - ask for the top! You have crazy amounts of experience more than the leaving chica does and it sounds like you will deserve the high salary with all your job expectations (and like Kathy said you can always negotiate down). I'll be thinking way good thought for you! I think we need to do some dinner before you start on this and are too tired to go to dinner after work :)

You are too sweet! And, yes!!! We need juicy lucy's before I start! :)

Sounds like a tough, but rewarding job. Good luck with your interview.

First, I won't say you're not insane. After all, I've gotten to know you here in cyberspace, and I don't lie.Second, alcohol interferes with sleep cycles. Drugs work better. LOL! (Before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, we all knew she was kidding. So am I.)Third, I think you would so rock that position. I'll be praying for God's will to be done in the situation. He knows better than anyone what you're capable of doing and how much you can handle.Fourth, If you have a chance, sit down and talk with the woman who's leaving. Ask for her coping strategies, go-to answer people, and what she wishes she knew before she started the position.

Just now saw this thread!! Promotion vibes coming your way! :balloon: :sing:

I can so see you doing that job - for what you have shared you are a natural to get it! As far as salary, I would see what they offer or if they want you to say what you want go in the middle - but either way be sure that you say that once you have proven yourself you want the salary reviewed.

I can't wait for your celebration post!! :sing:

raebates said:
First, I won't say you're not insane. After all, I've gotten to know you here in cyberspace, and I don't lie.

Second, alcohol interferes with sleep cycles. Drugs work better. LOL! (Before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, we all knew she was kidding. So am I.)

Third, I think you would so rock that position. I'll be praying for God's will to be done in the situation. He knows better than anyone what you're capable of doing and how much you can handle.

Fourth, If you have a chance, sit down and talk with the woman who's leaving. Ask for her coping strategies, go-to answer people, and what she wishes she knew before she started the position.

Well, she uses anti-anxiety meds and anti-depressants to cope...but she's also 21 years young... I use God to cope so I think my chances are good- AND I have cyber friends! :) That is a good idea to ask her what she wishes she knew before she started the position. I've been working with her for 8 weeks now and never thought to ask that!

Good advice, Ms Rae- or should I say "Dealer Rae"? LOL

Oh Kacey! I am so excited for you. While I haven't personally met you, I feel as if I know you. I have been keeping up with your struggles. I am praying that this is what God had in mind all the while. You definitely deserve it.

Sounds like your coping mechanism is muuuuuch better. ;) Actually, I meant things like:Do Mr. A's stuff before Mr. B's. Mr. B is usually willing to wait a few extra minutes.or . . . When Mr. A says he needs something now, he really does mean ASAP!

Last edited:
Sounds exciting Kacey---keep us posted.

Kitchen Diva said:
No sweetie, that was a thread about YOUR sanity or lack there of! :) LOL

Glad you are enjoying the book. I'm off for the night- I'm tired!

no way.....we all already know I have no sanity left....2 kids, 1 hubby a Jack Russell and a Lakeland Terrier......nope, not a stich of sanity left!

Meg, are you telling us there is no Sanity Claus?

Good luck Kacey!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Meg, are you telling us there is no Sanity Claus?

Yep, and no Goof Fairy, either!

any updates today?

<H2>1. What are the main responsibilities of an Executive Assistant at your company?</H2><p>As an Executive Assistant at Pampered Chef, your main responsibilities would include managing the schedules and calendars of the company's executives, organizing and coordinating meetings and events, handling correspondence and communication with clients and partners, and providing administrative support to ensure the smooth operation of the company.</p><H2>2. Is the job of an Executive Assistant at your company stressful and chaotic?</H2><p>The job of an Executive Assistant can be demanding and fast-paced at times, as you will be responsible for managing multiple tasks and priorities. However, our company culture promotes a positive and supportive work environment, and we have a great team in place to help manage the workload. With proper time management and organizational skills, the job can be fulfilling and rewarding.</p><H2>3. How long does it typically take to train for an Executive Assistant position at your company?</H2><p>The training process for an Executive Assistant position at our company can vary depending on the individual's experience and skills. However, we do have a thorough training program in place to ensure that our new employees are equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to excel in their roles. On average, it may take 1-2 weeks to fully train for the position.</p><H2>4. What qualities do you look for in a candidate for the Executive Assistant position?</H2><p>We look for candidates who have excellent organizational and time management skills, strong communication and interpersonal abilities, and the ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Attention to detail, a positive attitude, and the ability to multitask are also important qualities that we value in an Executive Assistant.</p><H2>5. Is there room for growth and advancement within the company for an Executive Assistant?</H2><p>Absolutely! We believe in promoting from within and providing opportunities for our employees to grow and develop their skills. As an Executive Assistant, you will have the chance to work closely with the company's executives and gain valuable experience and knowledge that can lead to future advancement opportunities within the company.</p>

1. What are the main responsibilities of an Executive Assistant at your company?

As an Executive Assistant at Pampered Chef, your main responsibilities would include managing the schedules and calendars of the company's executives, organizing and coordinating meetings and events, handling correspondence and communication with clients and partners, and providing administrative support to ensure the smooth operation of the company.

2. Is the job of an Executive Assistant at your company stressful and chaotic?

The job of an Executive Assistant can be demanding and fast-paced at times, as you will be responsible for managing multiple tasks and priorities. However, our company culture promotes a positive and supportive work environment, and we have a great team in place to help manage the workload. With proper time management and organizational skills, the job can be fulfilling and rewarding.

3. How long does it typically take to train for an Executive Assistant position at your company?

The training process for an Executive Assistant position at our company can vary depending on the individual's experience and skills. However, we do have a thorough training program in place to ensure that our new employees are equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to excel in their roles. On average, it may take 1-2 weeks to fully train for the position.

4. What qualities do you look for in a candidate for the Executive Assistant position?

We look for candidates who have excellent organizational and time management skills, strong communication and interpersonal abilities, and the ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Attention to detail, a positive attitude, and the ability to multitask are also important qualities that we value in an Executive Assistant.

5. Is there room for growth and advancement within the company for an Executive Assistant?

Absolutely! We believe in promoting from within and providing opportunities for our employees to grow and develop their skills. As an Executive Assistant, you will have the chance to work closely with the company's executives and gain valuable experience and knowledge that can lead to future advancement opportunities within the company.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
Replies