• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Not to Act at a Vendor Event

In summary, when approaching potential customers at a vendor event, it's important to be friendly and engaging, make eye contact, and ask open-ended questions. It's not appropriate to eat or drink at the booth, as it can be distracting and take away from a professional image. To avoid being too pushy, focus on building relationships and providing helpful information about products. Being outgoing is not the only key to success, as being knowledgeable and approachable also play important roles. It's generally not recommended to use your phone or check emails during the event, as it can be seen as unprofessional and take away from engaging with potential customers.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I did an event at an assisted living complex today. I was the 2nd one there and was setting up my table when another vendor walked in. She knew the first vendor there and immediately started complaining to this vendor. The event was set up in the dining hall and the "cafe" across the hall from the dining hall. She started off complaining about being stuck in the cafe and that she was usually in "that spot" and points right at me. She kept saying this to the other vendor loud enough so I could hear. Finally she went to go set her stuff up but came back to the other vendor to complain that there was another company there selling similar items to hers (different candle companies). She even loudly told the other vendor that she wasn't going to do this event again because of all of this.:yuck: Honestly in my opinion if I was the organizer and I heard her talking about this I wouldn't even invite her back. This wasn't a paid event, it was a couple hours that each of us were personally invited to attend. The gal even sold stuff - she told other vendors but all she did was make herself look bad to the rest of us.

I think we sometimes need experiences like this to remind ourselves of proper etiquette and then pat ourselves on the back for behaving properly and being awesome. I hope it was a success for you.

Good reminder that someone is always observing our behavior, even (or especially) when we're at our worst.

1. How should I approach potential customers at a vendor event?

When approaching potential customers, it's important to be friendly and engaging. Make eye contact, smile, and introduce yourself. Ask open-ended questions to get to know their interests and needs, and be prepared to offer relevant solutions with our products.

2. Is it appropriate to eat or drink at my booth during a vendor event?

It's generally not recommended to eat or drink at your booth during a vendor event. This can be distracting and take away from your professional image. Instead, take breaks throughout the day to enjoy snacks and meals away from your booth.

3. How can I make sure I'm not being too pushy at a vendor event?

It's important to strike a balance between being enthusiastic and being pushy. Avoid bombarding potential customers with too much information or constantly trying to sell them products. Instead, focus on building relationships and providing helpful information about our products.

4. I'm not very outgoing, how can I still be successful at a vendor event?

Being outgoing is helpful, but it's not the only key to success at a vendor event. Focus on being knowledgeable about our products and their benefits, and be approachable and friendly. This will help potential customers feel comfortable approaching you and asking questions.

5. Can I use my phone or check emails while working at a vendor event?

It's generally not recommended to use your phone or check emails while working at a vendor event. This can be seen as unprofessional and can take away from your ability to engage with potential customers. It's best to stay focused on the event and save phone usage for breaks or after the event is over.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • pattikake
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
AJPratt
Replies