• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximize Your Exposure at the May All Day Crop - Join as a Vendor Today!

Then set up a time to come by and take a look around, if you are interested.The cost is only $25, and it is from 10am-6pm. Since you are new to the scene, this would be a perfect opportunity to get your name out there and learn more about what goes into putting on a successful Vendor Show. The lady is advertising that other vendors will be there, so it is definitely beneficial for you to attend.
elizabethfox
Gold Member
I just had a Creative Memories Consultant email me to see if I was interested in setting a table up at a all day crop she is having in May. She said it was just going to be her, but she then thought it might be cool to get some other vendors there as well. So if the ladies wanted to take a break from scrapping, then they could check out the other vendors tables.

The cost is $50, and it is from 10am -10pm.

Now since it is a all day crop, I am not sure if I want to do this or not. I mean yes it could help me get my name out, but at the same time the ladies are there for scrapping. But I thought well...i love to scrap, so in the down time when there is no one looking at my time, I can do some scrapping too!

So I was considering it...until she emailed me again, and was asking me to do a demo...with some samples of recipes so the ladies had something to snack on. To me it kind of sounds like she might be wanting me to sort of "cater" her event.

What do you think?? Would you go for it or no? Since I am fairly new to the vendor show scene, I don't know if this would beneficial for me or if it would just be a waste of my time and money. And as of right now....she has NO other vendors lined up.

Any thoughts??

elizabethfox said:
I just had a Creative Memories Consultant email me to see if I was interested in setting a table up at a all day crop she is having in May. She said it was just going to be her, but she then thought it might be cool to get some other vendors there as well. So if the ladies wanted to take a break from scrapping, then they could check out the other vendors tables. The cost is $50, and it is from 10am -10pm. Now since it is a all day crop, I am not sure if I want to do this or not. I mean yes it could help me get my name out, but at the same time the ladies are there for scrapping. But I thought well...i love to scrap, so in the down time when there is no one looking at my time, I can do some scrapping too!So I was considering it...until she emailed me again, and was asking me to do a demo...with some samples of recipes so the ladies had something to snack on. To me it kind of sounds like she might be wanting me to sort of "cater" her event. What do you think?? Would you go for it or no? Since I am fairly new to the vendor show scene, I don't know if this would beneficial for me or if it would just be a waste of my time and money. And as of right now....she has NO other vendors lined up.Any thoughts??
Yes, my thoughts are if she wants you to demo and bring samples then she should wave the $50 fee!IMO she is trying to get you to cover her facility costs AND provide food.

And she's charging you $50? At the same time she is saying she wants you to provide snacks? Hmmmmm.....

Find out what kind of advertising she is doing, and if she is advertising that other vendors will be there too. If it's just going to be a dozen women cropping all day - I'm not sure if it would be worth the time and money.

I had a table at an All Day Crop in November, but it was also a fundraiser with several other vendors there, and was advertised in a local paper. There were about 8 women cropping all day, and NONE of the Croppers paid much attention to the Vendor Tables. There were walk-ins who came for the vendors, and from them, I did get 4 bookings, and $170 in sales. NADA from the cropping crowd, though.

From what I understand of crop events, they're there for the scrapbooking. Sounds like she wants a caterer... one that will PAY to be there, no less.

My thoughts.. if she cuts the price in half and provides you the the groceries... and if I had nothing else lined up, I might give it a go. And I probably wouldn't be there all day.

Last edited:
yeah, those die-hard scrappers don't stop!

I am new though, and would love the opportunity to do something like this! BUT, I would call the lady, and set down your own rules!

First, NO $50.00 fee, tell her it is not in your business budget right now. But, that you would be able to supply foodfor a demo. Tell her that depending on how it turns out for you, that you might be willing to chip in some in the future if you decide to attend again. I would treat it like a show...you have a set time to demo and go there for a little before. She should put it on the agenda that there is a demo at such and such time.

Even if you do not get sales from this, but contact names, I would say it would be a good thing. Maybe do a drawing for something free? To get names. Good Luck!

I did this once but she didn't charge me. They had a crop and I had my display set up. I did a demo but no one paid attention - they were doing their albums. The orders I received barely qualified as a show, in fact I think I had to find orders to be able to send it in. I got no bookings. They were cropping.

Not worth your time, IMHO but then you never know...

I prefer to join in on the crop as a participant and bring PC up in the conversations. THAT gets as many orders and even bookings and I don't waste my time and effort with a display at that particular event - I get something done too. Great suggestion is: work on a booking binder at the crop.

If you are doing a demo, no fee and SHE provides the ingredients - treat it just like a show! Secondly, do the demo right after they break for lunch. Make sure that info is on the invite for the crop - insist you get a copy of it for your records.

Elizabeth, I just noticed you live near me. I might know this consultant!!! It sounds like something she would pull, I am pming you...

I love Beth's idea! You could go as a cropper - you could even offer to bring food with you (maybe for a break in the cropper fee, if there is one), but save yourself the hassle of setting up a display or doing a demo. This way, you get to have fun, too, but the food could help open up conversations for you, and then you get to network while having fun. Plus, if you do a bookings binder, then you are working on your business even if you get no orders or bookings.

what is a booking binder??? TIA

I go to all day crops twice a year for Creative Memories and I've gotta tell you, I LOVE PC but, when I'm there to scrap and have paid the fee (usually at least $45) to crop all day, that's what I do. I look at the CM stuff and buy some of it, but I really wouldn't stop to look at another vendors goods. So, IMO I would tell her that you will go and bring a trifle dessert, but I wouldn't pay $50 unless she can guarantee you some sales!!! It sounds like she is trying to get away with some free food from you. I just don't know that it would really be worth your time and money.

I wasn't going to put in my $.02 but changed my mind...

I am a scrapbooker.
I have organized all day fundraising events (2 in 2 years)
This is always a huge debate (if we should bring in vendors for companies other than scrapbook supplies).

What I have come up with is this...
It would only be benificial if it was advertised as a vendor event in conjunction with the SB day. It would be great if there were at least 10 vendors from companies other than the SB companies they may have for their event.
BUT... As a scrapbooker I do not like outside people wandering in and out of where I am cropping.

For the event I organize I always donate prizes and info to go to all the participants.

ChefBeckyD said:
And she's charging you $50? At the same time she is saying she wants you to provide snacks? Hmmmmm.....

Find out what kind of advertising she is doing, and if she is advertising that other vendors will be there too. If it's just going to be a dozen women cropping all day - I'm not sure if it would be worth the time and money.

I had a table at an All Day Crop in November, but it was also a fundraiser with several other vendors there, and was advertised in a local paper. There were about 8 women cropping all day, and NONE of the Croppers paid much attention to the Vendor Tables. There were walk-ins who came for the vendors, and from them, I did get 4 bookings, and $170 in sales. NADA from the cropping crowd, though.

See she said the reason why she is charging so much is because it is a fundraiser type of event.

But I still don't like the "pay the $50 AND bring food" crap.

Don't think I am gonna even try to do it.

When I organize my Scrapbook FR I charge the SB vendors $20 and they bring their own table. This covers their meals and their space. The Scrapbookers generally pay $35.

I think $50 + food is exorbitent.

Way overpriced.Offer to bring snacks and PC item (demo at lunch break, a dessert perhaps in the trifle bowl). HOWEVER, only with a huge price break, or free admission.

1. What is the May All Day Crop event?

The May All Day Crop is a popular event for scrapbooking and crafting enthusiasts. It is a full day of workshops, demonstrations, and shopping for all things related to scrapbooking and paper crafting.

2. How can I become a vendor at the May All Day Crop?

To become a vendor at the May All Day Crop, simply fill out our vendor application form and submit it to our team. We will review your application and notify you if you have been accepted as a vendor.

3. What are the benefits of being a vendor at the May All Day Crop?

As a vendor at the May All Day Crop, you will have the opportunity to showcase and sell your products to a targeted audience of scrapbooking and crafting enthusiasts. You will also have the chance to network with other vendors and potentially collaborate on future events.

4. What is the cost of being a vendor at the May All Day Crop?

The cost of being a vendor at the May All Day Crop varies depending on the size of your booth and the location of your table. Please refer to our vendor application form for more information on pricing.

5. Are there any restrictions on what types of products can be sold at the May All Day Crop?

We welcome a variety of products at the May All Day Crop, as long as they are related to scrapbooking and paper crafting. However, we do reserve the right to reject any vendor or product that does not align with our event's values and goals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies