• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Want to Get Some Stuff off My Chest (Long)

In summary, the conversation discussed a networking group for direct sales consultants and a recent meeting where the topic was craft shows and vendor fairs. The president, a Jordan Essentials consultant, complained about the set up of the tables and the number of vendors at the fair. The speaker disagreed and shared that as a customer service oriented consultant, she doesn't mind being next to other companies and believes that a larger fair means more potential leads. The conversation then shifted to the benefits of being a consultant for different companies and the idea that competition should not be seen as a threat. It was suggested that clustering with competitors at events can actually be beneficial for customers and vendors alike. The conversation concluded with the belief that the president of the networking group may not be
ted122781
I'm thinking about joining a networking group for direct sales consultants. Last night, I went to one of their meetings, and I was a little irked about some of the stuff the president was saying. The topic was Craft Shows and Vendor Fairs. The president is a Jordan Essentials consultant, and she was talking about a vendor fair she did, and she was complaining about the set up. She said that there was a fair for direct sales consultants and the organizer had set up the tables in their like groups. For example, Jordan Essentials and other bath product companies in this corner; PC and Southern Living and TW in this corner; AVON, Mary Kay, Body Shop in this corner, etc. She said that she complained to the organizer, and the organizer responded with, "This makes it easier on the customer." The president said, "That's not what she paid for." Then she went on about that it's not recommended to do vendor fairs with over 300 vendors b/c you don't get any real leads.

I disagree with this. If I do a vendor fair and they put me next to a TW or Southern Living table, it's not going to bother me especially if it is easier on the customer. We are in customer service. Customers matter to me. Also, I think PC stands out among TW and Southern Living. I'm not concerned about the competition, and that's what she sounded like she was saying.
Another thing, what's wrong with vendor fairs with over 300 vendors? I instantly think-LOTS AND LOTS OF LEADS.

Am I wrong about any of this? Do you any of you feel the same way.

I'm not ruling the networking group out yet, maybe Craft Shows and Vendor Fairs weren't her specialty. We'll see at next month's meeting.

P.S. Oh yeah! PC's host benefits are so freaking awesome compared to some of the other companies. I'm sure most of you know that, but I was comparing 10 other companies host benefits w/PC's and it doesn't even compare at all.

I think consultants, regardless of which company they are with, view fairs/booths differently. I know some PC consultants don't like and don't to fairs... I figure each to his own. Plus, depending on the way you want to run your business and where you are with your business, maybe fairs/booths aren't the best use of your time and/or money.

However, personally I do agree with you. PC does stand out amoung our competitors and I would TOTALLY do a 300+ vendor fair. In theory, more vendors = more space = bigger advertising = more people = MORE LEAD POTENTIAL!

I agree with you. I don't care where my booth is, or who I'm by. Unless they tell me to set up in the next county where there isn't a fair. LOL

Also, if you don't share all the same view with the president of this networking group- she may frustrate you more than she will help you. just a humble little thought from my neck of the 100 acre woods.

:)

Remember, there is a reason that every car dealer in town is right next to every other car dealer in town. There is a reason Home Depot is right across the street from Lowe's which is next door to Menard's.They're clustered together to make it easier for you to shop one and the other. If you're a Ford dealer, your competitor is not the Chevrolet dealer next door. If someone has pretty much decided they're going to buy an F-150, your competitor is the Ford dealer across town, not the Chevrolet dealer next door - he doesn't have an F-150. Sure, he's got a competitive product, but the customer is past the point of caring about that.The same is true of a show - your competitor is not the other vendor next door, but if there's another TPC consultant at the show, well, there's your competition.When I do a show and a customer starts telling me how wonderful TPC products are, they will also often start telling me how wonderful their consultant is. I thank them for their kind words and loyalty, then ask them to tell their consultant what she just told me about her/him. I can only hope my own customers are as loyal.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Remember, there is a reason that every car dealer in town is right next to every other car dealer in town. There is a reason Home Depot is right across the street from Lowe's which is next door to Menard's.

They're clustered together to make it easier for you to shop one and the other.

If you're a Ford dealer, your competitor is not the Chevrolet dealer next door. If someone has pretty much decided they're going to buy an F-150, your competitor is the Ford dealer across town, not the Chevrolet dealer next door - he doesn't have an F-150. Sure, he's got a competitive product, but the customer is past the point of caring about that.

The same is true of a show - your competitor is not the other vendor next door, but if there's another TPC consultant at the show, well, there's your competition.

When I do a show and a customer starts telling me how wonderful TPC products are, they will also often start telling me how wonderful their consultant is. I thank them for their kind words and loyalty, then ask them to tell their consultant what she just told me about her/him.

I can only hope my own customers are as loyal.

Right on!:)

I wouldn't care..PC is not the same as TW, TS, SL, etc...it is apples and oranges...
I agree that my only gripe would be if I was set up next to ANOTHER PC rep! LOL
And do what fairs you think will get you the most leads, whether it be 5 vendors or a thousand...it's all trial and error..you never know where that ONE lead will take you!

1. Can I use the "Want to Get Some Stuff off My Chest (Long)" for both cold and hot items?

Yes, the "Want to Get Some Stuff off My Chest (Long)" is made from high-quality materials that make it suitable for both cold and hot items. It can withstand temperatures up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.

2. Is the "Want to Get Some Stuff off My Chest (Long)" dishwasher safe?

Yes, the "Want to Get Some Stuff off My Chest (Long)" is dishwasher safe. We recommend placing it on the top rack of the dishwasher for best results.

3. What are the dimensions of the "Want to Get Some Stuff off My Chest (Long)"?

The "Want to Get Some Stuff off My Chest (Long)" measures 17 inches in length, 11 inches in width, and 2 inches in height. It is the perfect size for storing and transporting a variety of items.

4. Can the "Want to Get Some Stuff off My Chest (Long)" be used in the oven?

Yes, the "Want to Get Some Stuff off My Chest (Long)" is oven-safe and can be used for cooking or reheating food. However, please note that it is not safe for use in a broiler or on direct heat sources.

5. How do I clean the "Want to Get Some Stuff off My Chest (Long)"?

The "Want to Get Some Stuff off My Chest (Long)" can be easily cleaned with warm soapy water and a soft sponge. For tougher stains, you can use a mild abrasive cleanser. Rinse thoroughly and dry with a soft cloth.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kdangel518
  • elizabethfox
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
Replies