• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant Other Ds Reps Asking for Your Customer Lists?

In summary, the conversation discusses a friend pushing the speaker to have a show for products, despite the speaker expressing disinterest in the product. The friend also expects the speaker to share customer lists, which the speaker is not comfortable with. The speaker is seeking advice on how to handle this situation and others share their experiences and suggest setting boundaries and possibly distancing oneself from the friend if she continues to pressure.
evk1972
[SIZE="3"]I am rather new (since Aug 2010) and I have a freind that has been in direct sales for 2 companies (not PC) for over 2 yrs. And she has been offering usggeations and adivce and even helped me make contact with an organizer of a very nice up-comming vendor show.

Now she is PUSHING me to have a show for products. I have told her before I am not interested. I just do not care for the product. Last night I get a nasty email from her about how DS Reps need to support each other and that since she helped me get into this vendor fair that I should share my customer lists with her and have a show even if I am not interested. :eek:

First, I would NEVER share customer contact information with another DS Rep unless the customer gave me the OK. Personally, I would be rather upset if my information waa randomly shared. Second, I appreciate the help but I am not interested in a show and I do not think I should have to defend that. When I hosted a PC show about 3 yrs ago this is the same person that told me she "does not need any more of that crap". So, respected her feelings about PC and never invited her to any future shows or asked about orders.

Has anyone else had this experience and how did you handle it?
[/SIZE]

It sounds like your friend is pushing you to do something that you don't want to do, and that can be frustrating. It's important to set boundaries and communicate them clearly. You could try talking to her in person or over the phone and explain that you appreciate her help but you are not interested in having a show for products. Let her know that you value her friendship and respect her decision not to do PC shows, and ask her to respect your decision not to do product shows. If she still doesn't seem to understand or continues to push you, it might be time to reevaluate your relationship with her. It's important to have supportive friends in direct sales, so if she is not respecting your wishes, it may be better to distance yourself from her.

I completely understand where you're coming from. It's your decision whether or not to have a show and it's not fair for your friend to pressure you into something you're not interested in. It's also not right for her to expect you to share your customer list with her. As you said, it's important to respect the privacy of your customers and only share their information with their consent.I haven't personally experienced this, but I think the best way to handle it is to have an open and honest conversation with your friend. Let her know that while you appreciate her help and support, you have made the decision not to have a show and you would appreciate it if she respected that. Remind her that you have also respected her feelings about PC in the past and you expect the same in return.If she continues to pressure you or becomes upset, it might be a good idea to take a step back from the friendship and focus on your own business. It's important to surround yourself with supportive and respectful people, especially in the direct sales industry. Good luck!

1. Can other Pampered Chef reps request my customer list?

No, other Pampered Chef reps do not have the right to request your customer list. Each rep is responsible for building their own customer base and should not rely on another rep's list.

2. What should I do if another Pampered Chef rep asks for my customer list?

If another rep asks for your customer list, you can politely decline and remind them that each rep is responsible for their own business and customer base. You can also suggest ways for them to build their own list, such as hosting parties or events.

3. Is it against company policy to share or request customer lists?

Yes, it is against company policy to share or request customer lists. This is to ensure fair competition and to protect the privacy of customers.

4. Can I reach out to other Pampered Chef reps' customers to invite them to my parties or events?

No, you should not reach out to other Pampered Chef reps' customers without their consent. Doing so may be seen as poaching and can lead to conflicts within the company.

5. What if I accidentally receive another rep's customer list?

If you accidentally receive another rep's customer list, you should immediately delete it and inform the rep that you received it by mistake. It is important to respect the privacy of other reps and their customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• evk1972
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Cindycooks
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • chefheidi2003