• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Order Mistake: How to Fix Overcharged Pantry Items & Avoid Bank Fees

In summary, Rhonda's order totaled $23.45 but the Visa debit card charged $31.45. When additional things came in, they kept bouncing and her bank charged her $36 for the first overdraft. Her director says she should pay one overdraft fee to her for $36. PC says they take it the way I put it in PP. If that's the case why is the written receipt not valid?
Can't live w/them - can't live w/o them:)! I think I've heard that somewhere before.

You know I think I need to pull out the DD's old Barbies and start making another voodoo doll that represents this women:)!

Kitchen Diva said:
Yup, I'm a straight shooter. I was the Sr. Mortgage Rep for a well known banking chain, and I let the bankers have all the home equity loans, and I just focused on first mortgages... they would talk people into getting a HELOC (home equity line of credit) when a re-fi or a reverse mortgage would have been so much more affordable for them- but they were all about fees and getting people deeper in the hole...it didn't matter- just SELL and PUSH the products, whether they need the or not!

I had to get out of that environment!

Hi Kacey,

Not to highjack this thread but how did you get out of it? I'm currently working as a loan officer and CAN NOT make ends meet to save my life. I have applied to places and posted my resume but no bites. I have years of experience in the mortgage industry but want to GET OUT. It seems I'm overlooked and am only getting people calling me for the same position or another sales position, which I don't want, I just want a paycheck every week.

Hey Rhonda, I am hoping you are signed on and can tell me now that some time has gone by... how did this work out? I just read the 6 pages of posting and am really hoping it worked out for the best for you. Any update?

christiepchef said:
Hey Rhonda, I am hoping you are signed on and can tell me now that some time has gone by... how did this work out? I just read the 6 pages of posting and am really hoping it worked out for the best for you. Any update?

I never heard back from the customer. I was going to call her, but then had gall bladder surgery! The Pampered Chef did refund her $8.52 back - even though it was my mistake! They are such a great company!

Thank you for asking and your concern.

Just learn from my mistake - never charge a different amount then what is written on the receipt unless you call the customer.

I think she realized that this was her fault not yours and that is why she never called you back!

I am so glad this worke out. I had a show last Sunday and then the host closed it on Wednesday night. She wanted to get it closed so that she would receive the products in time for wedding gifts the next week. So, I rushed and sent it though PP3. She had juggled some purchases and when I put in the CC payment for her, I forgot to change the amount. Long story short, when I went to deposit the checks from the show I had nearly $200, but I remembered only putting $88 on my PC card. HUMMM!?!?!? I over charged host by $112 on CC. I called HO and they couldn't reverse or be of any help. I called host so scared I was going to run into this same problem as above. THANKFULLY, she said "Oh, no problem, just bring me cash or a check and I'll deposit it". I was so embarred, I gave her a couple of things out of my game prize box. I only had a day to stress about it and I hated it. I can't imagine how you felt. Again, I am glad it worked out.

Wow, I guess it happens to the best of us. It is a really scary and stressful thing.

I'm just glad it's over with:)!

Over the summer I overcharged someone as well...

I was getting ready to close this host out and she informed me that a guest who was at the party wanted to add on to her order so I took the item numbers and the host paid the "difference" with her credit card ( I had the guests payment of a check)...Well, a few days went by and the host called to tell me that I charged the customers ENTIRE amount on her card, instead of the difference. I overcharged her almost $80! I felt HORRIBLE. I mean, REALLY HORRIBLE. Thankfully, nothing bad like an overdraft occurred, but it certainly could have. She was totally understanding and told me it was not a "fatal error"! And, when I offered to reimburse her the difference of course, she asked if she could just use what I owed her for additional product! I was like "sweet, she's gonna order more stuff that I'm gonna make commission on!"...and she's since been a great host/customer.

Point is, everyone makes mistakes. If this person did not contact you again, obviously she didn't care all that much about resolving it.

Boy, this is a hard lesson learned, and an alert for all of us. Changes I've made have generally been for less (taxed food in error). However, now I wonder if I may not have gone a bit higher for calculation errors. I'll definitely be more careful now. Best wishes to you as you figure out what is best for you to do to feel good about it.

<h2>1. What should I do if I accidentally overcharged a host's pantry items?</h2><p>If you have accidentally overcharged a host for pantry items, the first thing you should do is apologize and take responsibility for the mistake. Then, offer to fix the issue and make it right for the host.</p><h2>2. How can I fix the overcharged pantry items for my host?</h2><p>The best way to fix the overcharged pantry items is to refund the difference to the host's account. This can be done through the payment method used for the original order, or by issuing a check or cash refund.</p><h2>3. What can I do to help the host with the bank fees?</h2><p>In addition to fixing the overcharged pantry items, you can also offer to cover the bank fees that your host incurred as a result of the mistake. This shows that you value your host's business and are willing to take responsibility for any errors.</p><h2>4. How can I avoid similar mistakes in the future?</h2><p>To avoid similar mistakes in the future, make sure to double check all orders before finalizing them. It may also be helpful to have a colleague or manager review them for accuracy. Additionally, consider implementing a system to track and follow up on any notes or reminders for specific orders.</p><h2>5. What should I do if a host is living paycheck to paycheck and the bank fees will cause financial strain?</h2><p>If the host is living paycheck to paycheck and the bank fees will cause significant financial strain, consider offering to cover the fees and provide a credit or discount for a future order. This shows compassion and understanding for your host's situation and can help maintain a positive relationship with them.</p>

Related to Host Order Mistake: How to Fix Overcharged Pantry Items & Avoid Bank Fees

1. What should I do if I accidentally overcharged a host's pantry items?

If you have accidentally overcharged a host for pantry items, the first thing you should do is apologize and take responsibility for the mistake. Then, offer to fix the issue and make it right for the host.

2. How can I fix the overcharged pantry items for my host?

The best way to fix the overcharged pantry items is to refund the difference to the host's account. This can be done through the payment method used for the original order, or by issuing a check or cash refund.

3. What can I do to help the host with the bank fees?

In addition to fixing the overcharged pantry items, you can also offer to cover the bank fees that your host incurred as a result of the mistake. This shows that you value your host's business and are willing to take responsibility for any errors.

4. How can I avoid similar mistakes in the future?

To avoid similar mistakes in the future, make sure to double check all orders before finalizing them. It may also be helpful to have a colleague or manager review them for accuracy. Additionally, consider implementing a system to track and follow up on any notes or reminders for specific orders.

5. What should I do if a host is living paycheck to paycheck and the bank fees will cause financial strain?

If the host is living paycheck to paycheck and the bank fees will cause significant financial strain, consider offering to cover the fees and provide a credit or discount for a future order. This shows compassion and understanding for your host's situation and can help maintain a positive relationship with them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Addie4TLC
Replies