• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ordering Items for My Show Budget: Can I Do It?

In summary, a consultant can enter themselves as a guest and pay with their credit card on a host's show.
pcchris
Silver Member
I know this is going to sound really odd, but I need to know if this can be done: I want to order a couple of things for myself, but add it to a show instead of a non commission order...my host needs a budge to get over the 200 mark. Can I enter myself as a guest, and pay with my credit card, or is that going to be picked up by HO and kicked out, because I'm a consultant? I've never done this before, but the ol' bank account is a little lean right now. Otherwise I'd go that route. Have any of you ever done this? Please help, quick! Her show closes before I go on vacation, and she's a HORRIBLE host!! I've tried my best to coach her, and she's a DRAMA QUEEN! UGH!

Why don't you add your spouse or one of your children to the show as a guest instead.

If I do that, can I still use my credit card?? I HAVE to use it...

pcchris said:
If I do that, can I still use my credit card?? I HAVE to use it...

Yes, I have done that a few time with my husbands name, with my credit card. HO hasn't said a word...Knock on wood, now they will call if I do it again.

Yep, I've done it too.

Cool!! Thanks so much!!! Now after this, I will DEFINITELY bless and release.
Worst host I've had yet!! So much going on in her life that no one else matters. All I heard about was "poor me, my kids are jerks...ex hubby's a jerk...blah blah blah!" Why do they have to do this at a show?!?!?! ARGH!
Sorry for the little vent there...had to get it out. Whew! I feel a little better now!

I have an alter ego for this very purpose. She's even hosted a show for me! ;)

I do this all of the time and just use my sister's name. She has even hosted a show for me before, she just didn't know it.:)

I had to call HO once cause my sis ordered something and it went on my moms CC and I put the # in and did not change the name to my moms name. (hope that makes sense) the lady at HO said they dont look at the names to make sure they match they just use the #

That's some interesting info. You would think they would check the name...maybe I should enter the name on the card as "ghost host" and see if they catch it!!

pcchris said:
That's some interesting info. You would think they would check the name...maybe I should enter the name on the card as "ghost host" and see if they catch it!!

I agree
And what would you say if they happened to call you and ask who ghost host is??

My mom hosted a show for me onetime w/o her knowledge. ;) I'm sure she'll order sometime in the future too! :p

Hmmm......don't have a clue as to what I would say. (I wouldn't really do that, it was just a thought.) That's wild though that they don't check the name on the card. Although I suppose they probably process tons of credit cards every day, so I guess it is possible that they don't check names.

I have done it before in my husbands name and in my daughters name..... and I have used my creidt card before....not a word... knock on wood

hoosierchef said:
My mom hosted a show for me onetime w/o her knowledge. ;) I'm sure she'll order sometime in the future too! :p

My dh has also hosted...and it was so effortless on his part!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So easy for him he didn't even know it!

:p

LOL...... I have done the same thing with my husband... he is a awsome host!!!

Hosts often use their credit card to pay for other guests at closing and collect later. using your card to pay for a client at closing is not going to raise any red flags.

I have done this many times and never a problem

Heather

I've ordered stuff for friends in their name and used my credit card. I send a number of my friends PC gifts now and this makes sure that the warranty stays with them.

Friends are good for all sorts of things same with DH's and DD's or DS's

Heh, I wanted to order some things for wedding gifts (so couldn't wait until April) and I needed an extra show to earn HWC... so my mom hosted, my sister (who is a past host) and my best friend (my first cooking show) bought the items. I ran the math and it was a better deal for me to get paid commission on the products than to place a consultant order since I had past host discounts. My mom is on a very tight budget so was thrilled to get a past host discount number without having a show.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Hosts often use their credit card to pay for other guests at closing and collect later. using your card to pay for a client at closing is not going to raise any red flags.

So, do you just enter the total amount of the show on the hosts credit card payment, or do you break it up?? I would think you would have to enter the total amount??

I usually break it up putting the credit card information on each guest. It is a pain but I've had no holds on any shows from doing this.

1. Can I use my show budget to order items as a host?

Yes, as a host, you have the option to use your show budget to order items. This allows you to use your host rewards to purchase products at a discounted price or for free.

2. How do I know how much of my show budget I have available?

Your show budget is determined by the total sales from your party. Your consultant can provide you with the exact amount of your budget and help you choose which items to order.

3. Can I combine my show budget with other discounts or promotions?

No, your show budget cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions. It can only be used to purchase products at the regular retail price.

4. What happens if I don't use all of my show budget?

If you do not use your full show budget, the remaining amount will expire at the end of your party. We recommend using your budget to order products that you have been wanting at a discounted price.

5. Can I use my show budget to order items for my guests?

No, your show budget can only be used for your personal orders. Guests can place their own orders and use any applicable host rewards or promotions for their purchases.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kam
Replies