• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Did a Discontinued Item End Up on My Online Order?

In summary, the customer lives in Oklahoma and ordered a discontinued bread knife that didn't even show up on the website. The knife got chopped up in the garbage disposal by her DH so HE is paying for it. The knife is not available for shows dated 3/1/2008 and after. If she still wants it, and the show is a March show, you'll need to send it in as an individual order, dating it 2/29/2008.
Cindycooks
Silver Member
I just got an online order on a show I have going on. The customer lives in Oklahoma. One of the items on the order is #1285 which is the discontinued bread knife. How could that go through? - I checked my website and the knife is not even on there. This is a replacement - she has this one and it got chopped up in the garbage disposal by her DH so HE is paying for it. Maybe she had the old item number? Would that make it go thru?

I'll call her tomorrow - just need advice I guess first and an idea on how this could have happened!

If it's a February show date, it can still be ordered. The knife is not available for shows dated 3/1/2008 and after.
If she still wants it, and the show is a March show, you'll need to send it in as an individual order, dating it 2/29/2008.

Hope that helps!
Paula

It a march show with a march date - thats what I dont get.

I'd talk to home office if it actually went through. And it's a MARCH show? You CAN put in an individual order (for February) until the end of March but it won't count towards the show. Does she have a receipt b/c it seems like that bread knife has a good warranty so she may be able to get a replacement? Good luck.

You can't order it if it's under a March show. You'll have to seperate her order from the rest of them. It went through on your PWS because she probably had the old item number. But PP either won't let you order it, or it'll kick it back out when you're processing the order.

I just thought of what Paula and Laura said. Im going to order the knife separately and have it sent to her - might cost me a little in shipping but thats okay. She's a good customer and past host. The rest, I'll put on the March show.

She does not have the receipt and the old knife is about 4 or 5 years old she thinks.

Still don't get how it happened though!

The old bread knife had a lifetime warranty, but I don't think the bread knife warranty covers garbage disposal usage!

Actually, it probably would. I've had PC items replaced under warranty when I had old customers drop stuff. It may be worth a shot. ;)

It probably depends on how you word the call or which choice you make on the online adjustment page.

Or could you suggest the color coated bread knife? Before you eat the shipping, you could check and see if that would work?

Yeah, and also who you get when you call. I had a customer who put the Rice Cooker on her stove top. It melted. PC replaced it. Now, they were laughing at my customer (so was I, heck so was my customer) at how insane that was... but alas, they still did it.
I also had a QS Pitcher replaced when customer's kid dropped it and the handle broke.
Also, Ice Cream Dippers in the dishwasher, stones on the BBQ, etc etc.
PC is pretty good at warranty'ing "dumbness" ;)

Another thought--the old bread knife is in the Outlet, or when I last checked it was, in a combo pack with some other goodies. Maybe check and see if she would like to order that instead. She may find some other goodies on your Outlet, and if she wasn't familiar with it before, she'll know about the Outlet and may visit it from time to time in the future. Just a thought... Plus, she can't order it under the current show anyways, so no harm, no foul to the current host.

Tammy

I suggest seeing if she wants the new color coated bread knife.

I wonder if we could get PC to give warranities on husbands who don't follow instructions!!!heheheh

That would be nice. What about teenage sons too?

1. What should I do if my order is damaged or incorrect?

If your order arrives damaged or incorrect, please contact our customer service team immediately. They will be able to assist you with getting a replacement or a refund for the affected items.

2. How do I redeem a discount code or coupon?

To redeem a discount code or coupon, simply enter the code at checkout. If the code is valid, the discount will be applied to your total before you complete your purchase.

3. What is the return policy for Pampered Chef products?

We have a 30-day satisfaction guarantee for all of our products. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you may return it for a refund or exchange within 30 days of purchase.

4. How can I track my order?

Once your order has shipped, you will receive an email with a tracking number. You can use this number to track your order on our website or through the shipping carrier's website.

5. What should I do if I have a problem with one of my Pampered Chef products?

If you have a problem with one of your Pampered Chef products, please reach out to our customer service team. They can help troubleshoot the issue and determine if a replacement or repair is necessary.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• spoiledchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Shawnna
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cookindiva63
  • hperschnick