• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Needing Some Support and Encouragement

In summary, the author is having difficulty getting support from her director and is struggling to keep her business going. She is looking for advice on how to improve her situation.
MrsKristee
I am so glad I have found this forum, I have been searching and trying to figure out what is best for me to do to keep my business going.

I signed up with Pampered Chef in March. The girl who recruited me seemed to be helpful and I believed she genuinely wanted me to be apart of her team. She was promoted to director and is now in charge of our team. We meet with 3 other teams as well. After signing up, I struggled. It was hard for me to get my friends motivated to host a party. When I got everything in my kit, I started everything; my list of people and working on the 3,2,1 success. I wanted to make 1250 in my first thirty days, but I failed. I had one show my first month and barely made 200 on the party. It is May now and things are slowly getting better but I feel like my director and the women from the team do not like me. My director makes appointments with me then cancels, she has not been to a single one of my parties for support or has invited me to her parties to observe and learn. When I talk to her normally as a friend (not talking about pampered chef), she doesn't seem interested in talking to me. So now I feel awkward because I'm trying so hard to be successful and trying to get support but feel as if I am only a dollar sign, if that makes sense. I was hoping to make friends and have people that I can talk to, hang out with and encourage me as well. Now I am getting to the point I don't want to bother trying to contact my director and I don't want to go to the meetings anymore... I just don't know what to do... Each day I pray I get better and that I start booking more parties. I am hopeful that I can do this but just wishing I had genuine people to talk to.

Any Advice?

Phew! First and foremost, welcome to The Pampered Chef! We support one another - sound like you are having a bit of a challenge.One comment you'll find on here a lot is bless & release - it helps you, as much as them. I think in reading your request, that you need to be a little more aggressive - that your director hasn't invited you to one of her shows, instead - tell her you need to observe her next show and ask if you can carpool.Continue going to the meetings - you will make friends and reach the encouragement you seek, but you need to be more insistent and claim your success. Go back to your list of 100 and ask folks a new question: Would you let me practice on you? I need to pull a quick show together - would you have a couple folks over and let me practice making XYZ and you all watch and give me feedback?Finally, get educated - take online trainings and tele talk classes. That's where you'll find the support for right now. Please remember to not prejudge folks and ask everyone if they've heard of Pampered Chef and if they want to get some great things free and discounted by having a couple friends over one evening - you'll do the cooking and entertaining, they just sit and sip wine.At shows, ask about the opportunity and ask everyone not if, but when they want to schedule their own show. Who wouldn't want what we have to offer? Be positive - be courageous, and follow Donald Trump's advice - "never ever quit."

Great response.

I am so sorry to hear about your situation. You clearly want to succeed, and that attitude alone will go a long way to getting you there.

I would suggest that if you pursue your director and still do not get the support you need and want, find a hospitality group you can join. There are enough of us out there wanting to help eachother succeed that you should be able to find a group that fits you better. And use this site as a resource too.

Keep at it. Be creative but there is no need to re-invent the wheel with PC. The plan of success they lay out really does work. Faster for some but it does indeed work. After all, who doesn't love Pampered Chef!?!

Welcome to chef success!

I do know what you mean about feeling like a dollar sign - after signing on the internet, I only heard from my director when she had some goal to meet. Keep going to the meetings though, it takes a while to become friends. Why do you feel like the women don't like you?

Agree with Scott - you need to tell your director you want to see her do some shows. Assuming you have not done this already. Nobody can read minds :) I'd also tell her your feelings are hurt at the cancelling of meetings.

Keep on going, get out of your circle which is the most difficult to do, at first. Over time you will enjoy meeting all these new people!

Welcome. I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling with your team. The advice you've already received is good. It can take a while to connect with some people. Also, I've discovered that friends and family aren't always the best people to do business with. We're here for you, so don't hesitate to ask questions.

I had a similar experience with my recruiter and I let it control my destiny at first. I was even a bit spiteful in that I didn't 'want' to succeed because I didn't want my lousy recruiter to make money off of me! How senseless of me! I recently went to a Director Express training and sat beside ND Randy Weiss. She told me to LET IT GO! There is always someone in your upline as well as online training to help you succeed. Don't let the negative start control how you want to proceed. If you really want to succeed, you will!

Go back to your list of 100 and ask folks a new question: Would you let me practice on you? I need to pull a quick show together - would you have a couple folks over and let me practice making XYZ and you all watch and give me feedback? I LOVE THIS IDEA BY SCOTT.Mrs. Kirstee, stick with it. Succeed for you. Try to see if you can get a booth at a mall or local fair of some sort, and make sure you get names and contact info from those who stop by. I would do this and offer a drawing for a free party. Then, call every single person who stopped and tell them they won the free party. They provide the people and you provide the ingredients. Be sure to follow up.This is a wonderful time of year to offer variety in your shows--couples grilling parties, ice cream sundaes on the deck, etc. Be creative. Everyone LOVES PC, and you are working for a great company, and can be very successful! Best wishes.

1. How can I stay motivated and encouraged while running my Pampered Chef business?

Running a business can be challenging, but there are several ways to stay motivated and encouraged. One way is to set realistic goals and celebrate when you reach them. Another is to surround yourself with a supportive community, such as other Pampered Chef consultants or a mastermind group. Additionally, taking breaks and practicing self-care can help prevent burnout and keep you energized.

2. I'm feeling overwhelmed and stressed. How can I seek support and encouragement?

Feeling overwhelmed and stressed is natural when running a business. It's important to reach out for support and encouragement when needed. This can include talking to a mentor or fellow consultant, attending company events and trainings, or even seeking therapy or coaching. Remember, asking for help is a sign of strength, not weakness.

3. How can I stay positive and motivated during slower periods in my business?

Every business has its ups and downs, and it's important to stay positive and motivated during slower periods. One way to do this is to focus on your long-term goals and the bigger picture. Remind yourself of why you started your Pampered Chef business and the impact it can have on your life and others. You can also use this time to reevaluate your strategies and find new ways to reach your target audience.

4. I'm struggling with balancing my Pampered Chef business and personal life. Any tips?

Balancing a business and personal life can be tough, but it's crucial for maintaining overall well-being. One tip is to set boundaries and stick to them. This can include designating specific work hours and personal time, as well as unplugging from work during non-work hours. It's also important to prioritize self-care and make time for activities that bring you joy and relaxation.

5. How can I find a supportive community within Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef has a strong community of consultants who are always willing to support and encourage one another. One way to find this community is by attending company events and trainings. You can also join online groups and forums specifically for Pampered Chef consultants. Lastly, reach out to your upline or fellow consultants and build relationships with them. Remember, we're all in this together!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebPC
  • Cat2000
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
pampered1224