• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need a Kick in the Butt or Encouragement

In summary, Pampered Chef's trainer recommends limiting oneself to two weeknight shows a month in order to avoid a commute. However, this puts a strain on personal relationships because people want to book shows on the night they book them.
hoosierchef
Ok...I have a show Thursday and I'm really not looking forward to it.

I really love Pampered Chef, I do. But I hate to do shows during the week because they usually end up being far away from my home and I have to be away from my DS. I try to not schedule them, but then again....I feel I need to be flexible for my customers too. Not everyone wants to have a Saturday or Sunday show.

Just feeling dread......grrr....I don't like this feeling. :( I just hope it's worth my time.

You'll do great! It seems like my weeknight shows end up being a commute for me, too. Just pop a CD so that you're getting training in the car, and go get 'em, girl! :D

I know how you feel. I did not like weekday shows either b/c I am gone all day at work and then by the time I get home from the show I have no time with my DH and DS before it is time to go to sleep.

I try to not schedule them etiher but it seems here lately people are wanting Monday shows. I try to gently get them to the weekend or Thursday (I am off on Friday and do not feel as guilty about not being there Thursday night). But sometimes they do not want to be gentled anywhere! I book them and just tell myself I usue my commission got family extras and we will enjoy the money and fun in the long run.

I have a show tonight tht got pushed bak to starting later than I had it set for..so I know I will be even later.

Jsut keep remembering why you do PC in the first place.

A tip I learned about scheduling is that people seem to want shows on the night of the show they booked from. If you don't realy want to work every Monday, tell them that "I only do 2 Monday shows a month. The next one I have available is xxxx. If you really want the host special for next month, we'll have to pick a different night of the week. I work Thursdays and Saturdays (or whatever). Which works best for you?" Then, if they're REALLY stuck on a Monday, they know that they have to wait and had better keep that date, since you're booked solid and they will be less likely to get a Monday again if they need to reschedule.

Here is your kick in the butt:

Kickbutt.jpg

chefann said:
You'll do great! It seems like my weeknight shows end up being a commute for me, too. Just pop a CD so that you're getting training in the car, and go get 'em, girl! :D
Wow - you have a CD in your car?

I'm still trying to get TPC to put training material on 8-track.

KG-you crack me up! I think some people on this board don't know what a 8 track is. I think my husband still has one. The other night at our teen bible study I used "cop out" and they didn't know what it ment!

Ann R.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Wow - you have a CD in your car?

I'm still trying to get TPC to put training material on 8-track.
OMG KG....Sweetie, It really is time to update just a little! :p You're probably still selling stuff from the year Pampered Chef began too, aren't ya? ;)

janetupnorth said:
Here is your kick in the butt:

Kickbutt.jpg

Ouch Janet....That hurt just a little! ;)

Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement. I guess it is my fault that I made the exception for my ex co-worker who used to be a consultant and that is who this girl booked off of.

I am going to limit myself to two weeknights a month. I don't think my BF minds watching my son, but I feel better not having to ask him. Ann, I'll try to keep your words of wisdom in mind. Thank you all soo much!

hoosierchef said:
OMG KG....Sweetie, It really is time to update just a little! :p You're probably still selling stuff from the year Pampered Chef began too, aren't ya? ;)
My business cards have the chicken on the hat.

You should see my collection of Beta tapes.

I have Glenn Miller on 8 track somewhere...I used to love putting those in the stereo...

...when I was little mind you...not all grown up like KG!

Come on, Janet. Do you really think of KG as "grown up."

KG's not grown up- he's aged. Like beef.

One of our Lincolns has 8-track. Dan will occasionally pop into charity thrift stores to find some tapes for it. What he's really looking for, though, is a RECORDING 8-track deck, so he can put some of his CD's onto tape. Usually, though, we pop the FM transmitter onto his iPod, which then sits perfectly in the 8-track slot.

raebates said:
Come on, Janet. Do you really think of KG as "grown up."

Well, maybe horizontally or vertically, not socially... :p Love you KG ;) - I'm sure you'll get even soon!

Related to Need a Kick in the Butt or Encouragement

1. How can I motivate myself to stay on track with my goals?

One way to stay motivated is to create a visual representation of your goals, such as a vision board or a list of reasons why you want to achieve them. Also, surrounding yourself with positive and supportive people can provide the encouragement and accountability you need to stay focused.

2. What are some practical ways to boost my energy and motivation?

Incorporating regular exercise, getting enough sleep, and maintaining a healthy diet can all contribute to increased energy and motivation. Additionally, setting smaller, achievable goals can provide a sense of accomplishment and motivation to keep pushing towards bigger goals.

3. How can I overcome self-doubt and fear of failure?

It's important to acknowledge and address your fears and doubts instead of ignoring them. Remind yourself of your past successes and focus on taking small steps towards your goals. Surrounding yourself with a supportive community and seeking out a mentor or coach can also help you overcome self-doubt and fear of failure.

4. What can I do when I feel stuck or unmotivated?

When you feel stuck or unmotivated, try changing up your routine or environment. This can help spark creativity and motivation. Additionally, take breaks and allow yourself time to recharge. Remember to be gentle with yourself and celebrate small victories to keep yourself motivated.

5. How can I maintain motivation in the face of setbacks or obstacles?

It's important to have a positive mindset and view setbacks as opportunities to learn and grow. Remind yourself of your ultimate goal and why you started in the first place. Seek support from friends, family, or a mentor to help you stay motivated during tough times. And don't be afraid to reassess and adjust your goals if necessary.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MrsKristee
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • ChefAndiHV
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefAndiHV
Replies