• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Words of Encouragement When in a Slump

In summary, this woman has lost her directorship twice in a year and is feeling discouraged. She finds comfort in reading old posts and searching for content that will encourage her to get back to work. She schedules time to call people and follows the advice in a post by pamperedlinda. She prints her contact list and schedules time to call people everyday.
Bren706
Gold Member
Although I don't post on here too often anymore, I do check in once and a while and lurk :). But I have to say, I love being able to search back and find some great words of encouragement about what to do when bookings and business are in a slump. I have just lost my directorship for the 2nd time in a year, (with 8+ years in the business), and am very disappointed in myself. The last couple of days I have been here doing searches for posts long ago, knowing that I would find the words I needed to read, such as calling ancient leads, calling every contact on your list starting at A and going to Z, etc. Things I know I should do, but just haven't, and instead, I tend to call the same people over and over again. Here are a few threads that will encourage me to put me back to work to put some shows on my calendar: http://www.chefsuccess.com/threads/my-2-hours-of-work-today.77070/And in this one, the post from pamperedlinda http://www.chefsuccess.com/threads/anyone-else-stuck-in-a-rut.48309/ And some more encouraging words from Koolotus that I have copied and pasted in Evernote so that I can refer to it when in a slump, "
If you do not truly want it and believe you will achieve it, nothing else will make a bit of difference.Some days will suck and you have to have a vision of your results to get it going.
Once you've settled that, you need to figure out what ACTIONS will lead to results.
I scheduled a sampling event at my house. I knew I needed recruits to promote so recruiting was not optional. I think you would agree it is not optional for your goal either.
Then I printed my entire contact list, 2 years worth! You have seven, buy extra ink, you'll need it!
Then I scheduled time with my family to be on the phone. I made calls for a set amount of time everyday! Phone calls are necessary. I started at A and did not pick and choose who I called. It is hard but you MUST NOT PICK AND CHOOSE!
You will waste valuable time and miss great connections..........It's great to have a place to come to when needed, and find just what I am looking for.Having said this, for any of you long timers, that have indeed gone back to ancient leads, or started at the top of your contact list, do you separate them out by day/eve calls, or do you start right at the top, don't pick and choose, and just work straight through the list without hesitation?For some reason, I start over thinking my list, when I know I should just pick up the phone and dial without prejudging, etc. I am determined to earn the trip this year for the first time, and need a consistent full calendar.

That's exactly why I love this site. Yes, it's fun. It's also a wonderful resource for every stage of my business--boom or bust.

Beautiful post! Love this site too for all of these reasons!

1. How can I stay motivated when I'm in a slump?

When you're feeling unmotivated, it can be helpful to focus on the bigger picture and remind yourself of your goals and why you started. Also, try breaking down your tasks into smaller, more manageable chunks and celebrate small victories along the way.

2. What are some phrases I can use to encourage myself during a slump?

Some examples of words of encouragement you can tell yourself include "I can do this," "I am capable and strong," and "This is just a temporary setback, I will overcome it."

3. How can I find inspiration when I'm feeling stuck?

One way to find inspiration is to seek out motivational quotes or stories from others who have overcome similar challenges. You can also try taking a break and engaging in activities that bring you joy and relaxation, such as listening to music or going for a walk.

4. What can I do to get out of a slump?

One strategy to get out of a slump is to change your perspective and focus on the positive aspects of your situation. You can also try setting smaller, achievable goals and celebrating your progress. Additionally, seeking support from friends, family, or a mentor can help boost your motivation and morale.

5. How can I prevent future slumps?

To prevent future slumps, it's important to prioritize self-care and maintain a healthy work-life balance. Setting realistic goals and avoiding burnout can also help prevent feeling overwhelmed and unmotivated. Additionally, reflecting on past challenges and how you overcame them can provide valuable insights and strategies for future obstacles.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Bren706
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies