• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Boost My Bookings in a Slow Month?

In summary, Jenna is having a hard time finding bookings for her party planning business in the current economy. She is hoping that with the weather being bad people will stay home and not want to go out. She recommends trying different methods such as phone calls or printouts of customer lists.
stefani2
Is there anyone else out there that is stuck in a rut??? I have NO bookings for January, MAYBE ONE in February. I haven't had this happen to me since I started 2 years ago. I had a great year in 08 - earn top SAT, earning the Trip for One - and now I have NOTHING

???

Maybe someone who is having a good month can inspire me.

Get on the phone and call everyone. Print out your entire customer list and start at A and don't stop until you get to Z - if they aren't interested, ask for referrals.

I'm stuck too...asked and asked...I'm on the referral step and also planning an "early" spring open house!

I am too!!!! I don't have one show open this month. My girlfriend took a catty to work and I'm hoping she will bring me some orders to make into a show. With everyone crying about the economy it has been hard.

You are not alone in the rut. I closed one show last week and have nothing on my books... NOTHING. I plan to get on the phone again tonight. Hopefully with this horrible weather, people will stay home and want to talk. Best of luck trying to stir up some business.
I am using this time to organize my desk, there are scary piles everywhere....

Well my show sales have not been high, but I have 11 shows for Feb. Only 1 for this month, but that was ok w/me. Too busy w/the holidays!

We ALL know this is where attitude is huge! Start calling and just KNOWING that you will book shows. I have 7 shows on my calendar, my first one isn't until the 17th, which is already this Saturday! I know that the calling is hard but you have to get the no's before you get the YES! Think...:Double Points: :Commission Check: :Fun Shows: :power Cooking: :people LOVE PC:

:)

By the way, my February is BLANK right now so I too am getting on the phone! :)

Hi Jenna:

Sounds like this is the exception not the rule for you. Most of my January shows cancelled or rescheduled, and so far I have a few shows for February. Try thinking out of the box - unless someone has physically said no, they are fair game for you. You never know who might be interested in having a party!

If all else fails, bless and release yourself, and look forward to the future!

rennea said:
With everyone crying about the economy it has been hard.
Yup you got that right, with Ont. having huge cuts in the auto sector, tons, of people buying only basics.

I think my problem is coming up with a script of what to say to people.

Remember ladies, when they say the economy is hard you tell them that is why we are here! Make sure they know to let their guest know that they don't HAVE to buy. They can just come to get out of house, visit with friends, learn some money $aving tips and eat a great meal. We all know that once we have them in front of us PC sells itself.
I have 8 shows this month, 3 next month and 2 in March using this method. My sales might not be huge, but I'm still out there and making contacts.
Good luck

Crystal Patton said:
Remember ladies, when they say the economy is hard you tell them that is why we are here! Make sure they know to let their guest know that they don't HAVE to buy. They can just come to get out of house, visit with friends, learn some money $aving tips and eat a great meal. We all know that once we have them in front of us PC sells itself.
I have 8 shows this month, 3 next month and 2 in March using this method. My sales might not be huge, but I'm still out there and making contacts.
Good luck

Thanks for the reminder Crystal! I am convinced that Jan/Feb are GREAT months to host a show - just can't seem to convince my hosts that. LIke, I get it - PC Shows are FABULOUS for a slow economy. People need a stress-reliever when times are tough, NEED to eat at home more, NEED to save money more (especially on groceries), and WANT to get together with friends after the crazy-busy holidays!!! Soooo, WTH is going on?

Crystal Patton said:
Good luck

Though I agree with you, it's really hard to sell that to people that are losing there jobs left and right. I live in a small community and jobs are GONE. In 2 days last week I received 42 resumes!!! I usually receive that in a month. Our products ROCK but people have other important things to worried about like food, roof over their heads etc. I don't believe that the Canadian economy is as bad as the media has made it out to be but people are saving there money! Small businesses are laying people off here, I haven't yet but will see what happens in the next couple of months.

I held an Open House last night- because I needed my $200 in sales by the end of the month... and I sent out 120 invites to past customers, hosts, friends, neighbors. I left the RSVP open until 30 minutes before the show, and had 14 attend. Which is a good number for me usually. I only had 150 in sales!!!!!!!! I was trying out beef power cooking recipes, and offered any of the rubs or seasoning items at $1 off. I even offered 20 PC dollars for booking a show, and DCB for $45... out of all of that I have NO bookings. and didn't sell a single baker...

Bluiydangl said:
I held an Open House last night- because I needed my $200 in sales by the end of the month... and I sent out 120 invites to past customers, hosts, friends, neighbors. I left the RSVP open until 30 minutes before the show, and had 14 attend. Which is a good number for me usually. I only had 150 in sales!!!!!!!! I was trying out beef power cooking recipes, and offered any of the rubs or seasoning items at $1 off. I even offered 20 PC dollars for booking a show, and DCB for $45... out of all of that I have NO bookings. and didn't sell a single baker...

Well at least you had $150.00 in sales:thumbup:

I agree- I am buying the last 50 in rubs and sprinkles since I have the 150... I think there should be a $200 every 6 months sales requirement...

I see a trend with most of you who are posting.....You are all in the northern part of the states or in Canada- you all keep getting the TERRIBLE WEATHER it seems the last several weeks. Could that be part of it?? People are just hunkering down and don't want to go out at night when you get a snowstorm every week. (My parents are in Ohio and my Inlaws in northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin.) Just a thought....But I did get some good words about answers to the economy from a few posts. Thanks. :)

esavvymom said:
I see a trend with most of you who are posting.....You are all in the northern part of the states or in Canada- you all keep getting the TERRIBLE WEATHER it seems the last several weeks. Could that be part of it?? People are just hunkering down and don't want to go out at night when you get a snowstorm every week. (My parents are in Ohio and my Inlaws in northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin.) Just a thought....

But I did get some good words about answers to the economy from a few posts. Thanks. :)

The weather here isn't any different then any other winter weather we have. But that could be the case else where.

Bluiydangl said:
I agree- I am buying the last 50 in rubs and sprinkles since I have the 150... I think there should be a $200 every 6 months sales requirement...

Oh my dear that is wishful thinking;)

How do I attach a file that I have on my computer in my documents??? It is really good training on parties etc. and I would like to share but do not know how.

I have two shows for January. And, just got one of those many "after the holidays" booked for February. I am hoping to be busy the next 3 months, and on, so we will see.

I am not sure this is going to work,,this file,, and it is geared for tupperware consultants but,, you can change it around and use it with PC... I hope nobody minds that I put this in.

Debbie

Attachments

• TupperChattersDatingTraining.pdf
    710.5 KB · Views: 1,828
I got on the phone last night and today. One of the girls is leaving on holidays (I have a lot of customers who take a vacation Feb/Mar) - and she wants to schedule for the end of March, One girl is due in Mar (TONS of friends are due in Mar/Apr and have other priorities right now), and the other girl says she wants a show but always has an excuse at the time to NOT date her January Show.

I had over $10,000 in points at the end of last January - I am freakin' out right now!

Other people have said they (or their family) have been sick and it takes a while to get over it.....

debbieskitchenhelper said:
I am not sure this is going to work,,this file,, and it is geared for tupperware consultants but,, you can change it around and use it with PC... I hope nobody minds that I put this in.

Debbie

Thanks Debbie - it worked! :)

I am stuck in a rut too, I only have 1 show for this month, and its Jan 31st! I have 2 maybe's for Feb so I keep asking everyone!

I am too new to be in a rut but want to wish you the best! It will get back on track.

So here is what I have done so far:
- cleaned/organized the basement - because I think that was really weighing me down
- made a list of Past Hostess' and will get on the phone
- asked DH to take care of the kids tomorrow night for phone calls (wednesdays have always been a good night for me)

I need to be creative again:
- drop off cattys at Dr. office, Rec Ctr, etc.
- have my own clinic or spring kick off

I might also talk to my future hostesses about why NOW is the BEST TIME to host - and to get bookings for when the new catty comes out.

What do you think?

Sounds great Jenna - go kick some butt!

My January is booked better than any other January I have had. I have 4 cooking shows and no catalog shows. But Feb...OY!! Last year I had 13 cooking shows...this year...NOTHING!!!

I really need to get on the phone...BAD!!

I am in the same boat. I had 2 bookings for January, both cancelled. Tried to host coach them into rescheduling, that didn't work. I have been struggling with bookings since October. I had a great spring/summer of 2008.

I have tried having a fall preview show (sent over 80 invites, 3 people

showed!), a Christmas Cookie Swap show ($100 in sales, no bookings), handed out calendars, do a monthly newletter, carry my catalog tote, wear logo wear, etc.... Yes, I have been on the phones. Almost no one left to call!

I am stumped, but I am not quitting. I have a booth at a festival this weekend. Hopefully things will soon turn around.

Best of luck to all of you as well!

Definitely sounds like many of us are in the same boat...my only show for January canceled, and I have 2 shows on the books for February. I'm hoping to somehow push online sales, catalog shows and bridal registries, though, since I start back to school soon and work full time. With June weddings coming, it seems like a good time to focus on our registry.

I noticed my BEST shows- were the ones right after those stimulus checks came out last year, since then I have had $300 shows with 10-12 people attending.

I don't think weather is the problem, we have 20 inches of snow- and that is normal. in fact people usually go out on the cold days to get out of the house and away from the kids.(when winter starts October 20th and lasts until mid April you get creative)

In Northern Michigan we've been in a recession for years. we moved here nearly two years ago for my husband's job- and noticed then how many homes were empty and stores were closing. they are talking of closing schools next year because so many families have left the area. Its hard to book shows when it has been that rough for a while for people here.

I know other places are the same/ worse. Very thankful for what we have and we feel very blessed by what we have been given- so not complaining. just discouraged like every one else seems to be this month!

So I hope everyone's spirits are lifted, and we renew our minds and strength to make it through the winter months and get excited about the spring!

rennea said:
The weather here isn't any different then any other winter weather we have. But that could be the case else where.

Same here. When it dosn't get 20 below it's werid. I live across the river from Sarina, Ontario.

I was in a rut this time last year...in fact, in March, I only had ONE show...unbelievable, since it was the start of the new catalog...anyway, I got panicked and started calling ALL of my outside orders..people I had never met...I got in touch w/ someone to book for May (remember, I had never met her and she placed an OUTSIDE ORDER), he show ended up being over 1k, I had about 5 bookings from her that I did over the summer (one of her friends who booked was another 1k show) and then a daughter of one of those hosts signed in October w/ me...ALL of this happening all because I got desperate and called my outside orders...so if you guys don't do this, you might be truly losing out on some business..in fact, when the daughter signed, I thought "oh man, I'm losing all my customers! Cuz they were all connected to my May show...LOL"...but I am truly happy and happy FOR my recruit!

I talked to other people in the DS business - and they are struggling too. February looks a bit brighter.....

Okay, this really isn't working I've callede EVERYONE. I started January 2nd and started calling everyone who was a host, guest, outside order. NO ONE wants to book. I did recruit someone last month but this month really is a pitfall. When people give me the "it's the economy no one can buy" I've given them the speal that's why I'm here, guests can come out for a great time learning some budget friendly recipes, I have a host who we had to reschedule and she emailed me stating " got your message. I will contact you when we are ready to have a show. Right now no one is in a position to really buy anything, with the economy the way it is. I will call or e-mail you when we are ready. Thank you." She's 2 1/2 hours away from me. Do I give her that speal and go up there, gas, and no one buys???? I started a catalog show and only one person bought a $15 product. Soooo depressing.

Start a NEW thread, there is an attachment icon there that will let you browse from your computer. Find your document. It won't show that it's attached (I found that out the first time I did it), but it will be. Then you can write in the box like this and submit.

1. How can I boost my bookings in a slow month?

There are several strategies you can try to boost your bookings during a slow month. First, reach out to your existing customers and offer a special promotion or discount for booking a party in the next month. You can also try hosting a virtual or online party to reach a wider audience. Another option is to partner with other consultants or businesses to co-host a party or event. Lastly, make sure you are consistently promoting and sharing your business on social media and through word of mouth.

2. Is there anyone else out there that is stuck in a rut?

You are definitely not alone! Many consultants experience slow months, especially in the beginning of the year. It's important to stay positive and keep trying new strategies to boost your bookings. Don't be afraid to reach out to your upline or fellow consultants for support and advice.

3. I have no bookings for January, maybe one in February. What should I do?

First, don't panic! Slow months happen to everyone and it's important to stay positive and keep working. Consider reaching out to your past customers or hosting a special promotion to encourage bookings. You can also try expanding your reach by hosting virtual or online parties, or partnering with other consultants or businesses to co-host an event.

4. I had a great year in 08 and earned top SAT and the Trip for One, but now I have nothing. What can I do to get back on track?

Congratulations on your past success! Remember that every business has ups and downs and it's important to stay motivated and focused during slow times. Review your past successful strategies and try to replicate them. Don't be afraid to try new things and reach out to your network for support and opportunities.

5. Can someone who is having a good month inspire me?

Absolutely! Connect with other consultants in your network or on social media and ask for their advice and tips. Seeing others' success can be motivating and may spark new ideas for your own business. Don't be afraid to ask for help and support from your fellow consultants, we are all in this together!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Granny52
  • Bren706