• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Just a Little Encouragement, Please!

In summary, my business, for the first time in 1 1/2 years, is in a serious lull. I got 4 "nos" yesterday! I've never gotten that many in a day (which I am half proud of and half bummed about). I have one catalog show (she wasn't very optimistic that she'd be able to get $150 in sales) and one cooking show booked this month. Any great advice besides "Get on the phone"?
beckysuem
So, my business, for the first time in 1 1/2 years, is in a serious lull. I got 4 "nos" yesterday! I've never gotten that many in a day (which I am half proud of and half bummed about). I have one catalog show (she wasn't very optimistic that she'd be able to get $150 in sales) and one cooking show booked this month. Any great advice besides "Get on the phone"?

But mostly...I just want to hear that everyone's business ebb's and flows....it does, right? :)

it totally does. The last time I was frustrated and needed to "get on the phone" I put a call out on here to see who wanted to do a booking blitz with me, as a way of keeping accountability. Many folks joined in and we reported the next day our results. For me that was very motivating.
I wish there was something to say other than "make the calls" because that is the hardest thing for me! But remember, you will still be active with your 2 shows listed, and next month is a brand new catalogue, so never fret!

It happens.....I've been in the business for 7 1/2 years and this January was my worst month.....only one show and it didn't get submitted yet and one catalog show that I threw together and a few online orders for a total of $243 in sales.First time I didn't earn new products or the incentive bag. I was bummed! Had earning spring products been in November like in the past, I would have earned all of them....but oh well.It's a bummer, but you just get on the phone and make calls even if you hear no and you will eventually get some yes's.I've also learned it's so much easier to book shows at shows and then I don't have to spend time on the phone hearing no.Good luck!

Me too - nothing on the books at all for February and two in January but they too have not been submitted yet! It's been rough around here too.

December and January were big lulls for me. I had 4 shows scheduled for January, but so many changes it ended up being only 1, which that show just landed in my lap because another consultant bailed the day of. February has been great for me because of the stoneware specials and I noticed people are a little more generous. Either they're like this after the holidays or someone got their refund lolI would definitely update FB and get a hold of past hosts and known PC addicts and let them know the great deals this month and next

i've been having health issues so only am able to do catalog shows for the next 6 months at least! so yes....lots of ebbs and flows....just keep at it!!!

Becky to give you suggestions, as you ask, Call asking for referrals. A script like this might work
"This is Amy with the Pampered Chef. I'm just giving you a quick call today because I'm so excited about what we have to offer our hosts in February. On top of the $90 in free products (my average) my hosts get, You can get 2 bakeware pieces at 60%. That makes our top selling Deep Covered Baker just $34. Who do you know that might be interested in Free products AND saving over $50 on our MAGIC POT?"

I am about to start my 13th year. What you are describing is something that everyone at every level has and probably still experiences. Think of it as a search (where's Waldo!!). There IS someone out there that wants to book. It is our job to keep dialing and keep up beat that you WILL find them!

Ann E, that is SUPER helpful to know! Just what I needed to hear. I'm getting on the phone again tonight and think I'll try to "Pamper a Business" or two here in town! Thanks!

beckysuem said:
Ann E, that is SUPER helpful to know! Just what I needed to hear. I'm getting on the phone again tonight and think I'll try to "Pamper a Business" or two here in town! Thanks!

Becky you made my day!!! It helps to know that even the highest acheiving person has these feelings. Can't deny that it does get discouraging but someone IS out there. So many people love our stones and when they know their guests will save too...and get a new free spring product, it will help them decide this just may be the right time. Stay excited and keep at it...it WILL happen. The only way it does not happen is when we stop trying. Let us know how many Waldo's you find!!

One more catalog show and one "How about you call me back in May?". Also, a few answering machines. It's more than none! :)

Don't stop at 4 no's! Go for more! You are bound to find a yes somewhere in there :)!

This business indeed has it's ups and downs (as for any business). You just need to keep plugging away.

Look at it this way as well, your business may ebb and flow but it will usually survive any economic down slide. We have 4 businesses within 10 miles of our home that had to completely close. Luckily you should not have to do that! Since we only need $150 in sales to "stay open", no rent to pay and no utilities to pay, $150 will do it! And someone is out there that will help you. And you could also just ask for orders and not full fledged parties. Be your own host and collect orders. That is what I am doing this month. I sent out an e-mail about the stoneware being on special yesterday. I have one $25 order thus far! Only need $125 more. And I will get on the phone to get that $125 and I will ask about shows too. Kill 2 birds with one stone - pun intended - so to speak! Plus it is easier for me to ask for sales than shows so I will use one to transition to the other.

I have been in the business for less than a year. I had a great November, followed by my worst month December. January was my best ever & February is again "dismal". However, I do need time this month to get my taxes together, new catalogs to label, host packets to put together, etc. I'm trying to keep a positive outlook on it all.

Thanks to Bobbi in another thread here under Bookings I sent this out just a few minutes ago:"EXCITING NEWS ABOUT OUR DEEP COVERED BAKERFOR ANYONE WHO HAS EVER WANTED ONE BUT THOUGHT IT WAS TOO EXPENSIVE... OR IF YOU WANT MORE THAN ONE!!
Call a neighbor or friend, combine forces and collect those orders! AT ONLY $150 in orders, EACH OF YOU can get a Deep Covered Baker for $34!!!! That's right - BOTH OF YOU! Yes, they do need to be one of each color but hey - 2 at $34 each!!!
Or collect orders your self and get two for your own use! Use one and give someone a great wedding, shower or birthday gift!!!
AND YOU CAN JUST PASS AROUND THE CATALOGS! This offer is good with Cooking and Catalog parties!!! It is that simple!!!"I did send the host special flier with this too.

pampered1224 said:
Thanks to Bobbi in another thread here under Bookings I sent this out just a few minutes ago:

"EXCITING NEWS ABOUT OUR DEEP COVERED BAKER

FOR ANYONE WHO HAS EVER WANTED ONE BUT THOUGHT IT WAS TOO EXPENSIVE... OR IF YOU WANT MORE THAN ONE!!
Call a neighbor or friend, combine forces and collect those orders! AT ONLY $150 in orders, EACH OF YOU can get a Deep Covered Baker for $34!!!! That's right - BOTH OF YOU! Yes, they do need to be one of each color but hey - 2 at $34 each!!!
Or collect orders your self and get two for your own use! Use one and give someone a great wedding, shower or birthday gift!!!
AND YOU CAN JUST PASS AROUND THE CATALOGS! This offer is good with Cooking and Catalog parties!!!

It is that simple!!!"

I did send the host special flier with this too.

I for some reason can never seem to word my advertisements this clearly - I'm gonna swipe this and post on my FB page if you don't object :)

pampered1224 said:
Thanks to Bobbi in another thread here under Bookings I sent this out just a few minutes ago:

"EXCITING NEWS ABOUT OUR DEEP COVERED BAKER

FOR ANYONE WHO HAS EVER WANTED ONE BUT THOUGHT IT WAS TOO EXPENSIVE... OR IF YOU WANT MORE THAN ONE!!
AND YOU CAN JUST PASS AROUND THE CATALOGS! This offer is good with Cooking and Catalog parties!!!

It is that simple!!!"

I did send the host special flier with this too.

Great, to the point wording! Love it! I too may swipe it and post of my NEW FB Page!

GO FOR IT!!! I ran this past mom and she too agreed that it is just the right amount of info and yes, money, dollars and cents make a difference! In fact, she has a catalog and gonna try. Not that she needs them but she has three weddings this years!

Hi everyone. I just signed up on this site and has a consultant 2 days ago. Out of everyone I've asked, I've gotten one yes and a lot of no answers (from emails and messages). Do you mind if you use your wording on my Facebook page?

NewtoMom said:
Hi everyone. I just signed up on this site and has a consultant 2 days ago. Out of everyone I've asked, I've gotten one yes and a lot of no answers (from emails and messages). Do you mind if you use your wording on my Facebook page?

You don't have to ask....he shared it on here for others to use it. Go for it!
:D I know John is just a big lug- he'd be flattered if you used his wording!

Thanks! I'd hate to step on any toes right away since I just joined...lol.

NewtoMom--Welcome! Just a thought....I almost ALWAYS get more "yesses" via phone calls than via e-mails or facebook. I think facebook and e-mails are a good way to keep your name in the back of people's minds incase they ever want to purchase something or book a shower or something, but for bookings, I'd definatly recommend phone calls. You are probably doing that, too, though. Have you listened to "Phone Courage" on the training center? It is my FAVORITE and super motivating.

I have not listened to that. I'm still clicking through the site trying to figure things out. I did manage to book a party since I started posting here...lol. I work in an office and one of the girls agreed to do a catalog party.

Thanks Bobbi! Big Lug indeed! Bobbi is right, I post to share so you all can do with it what you may. And no I am not as flattered by that as I am energized because you all let me know that I am on the right track. OK, so I am flattered to a point! I mean who would not be when a group of peers thinks your work is good enough to steal? Good luck to you!

Just wanted to share. I've often heard that one show can turn your business around. I have no shows on my schedule in March, except the shower I held today.

My show today will end up being over 1800 in commisionable sales and I got 5 booking leads off of it. At least 3 of those are pretty solid. Moral of the story...just keep at it, right? :)

Something else to remember on phone calls (I think it's covered in Phone Courage too) - if you're approaching the calls with the "ug, I have to make phone calls" or "everyone will say no" mentality, things won't go well. My daughter always asks, "Mom, how can you go from being so nice to that lady on the phone and then yell at me?" ;) I always strive to SOUND happy and optimistic on the phone, whether or not I really am :) Sometimes just my enthusiasm (real or not) has actually "talked" someone into a booking that wasn't planning on it. Sneaky :D

What is "Just a Little Encouragement, Please!"?

"Just a Little Encouragement, Please!" is a collection of recipes and cooking tips designed to inspire and encourage individuals in the kitchen. It includes easy-to-follow recipes, helpful cooking techniques, and motivational messages to help make cooking a more enjoyable experience.

Who can benefit from "Just a Little Encouragement, Please!"?

"Just a Little Encouragement, Please!" is perfect for anyone who loves to cook or wants to improve their cooking skills. It is also great for individuals who may feel overwhelmed or uninspired in the kitchen and need some encouragement to get back into cooking.

What kind of recipes are included in "Just a Little Encouragement, Please!"?

"Just a Little Encouragement, Please!" features a variety of recipes for all skill levels and dietary preferences. You can find everything from quick and easy weeknight meals to more elaborate dishes for special occasions. There are also recipes for appetizers, desserts, and everything in between.

How is "Just a Little Encouragement, Please!" different from other cookbooks?

"Just a Little Encouragement, Please!" is not just a cookbook, it's an uplifting and motivating guide to cooking. It offers more than just recipes, but also helpful tips and encouraging messages to boost your confidence in the kitchen. It's like having a personal cooking coach by your side.

Can I purchase "Just a Little Encouragement, Please!" online?

Yes, "Just a Little Encouragement, Please!" is available for purchase on the Pampered Chef website. You can also find it at select Pampered Chef parties and events, or through an independent Pampered Chef consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • NewbyPChef
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
PampChefDeb
  • Shonda1107