• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Feeling Defeated in a New Area? Get Encouragement Here!

In summary, it seems like you've been doing a lot of networking andreaching out to potential clients, but you're still struggling to find a show. It sounds like you're motivated and determined tokeep your business, and I think you'll be able to find success eventually. Keep up the good work!
Amyskitchen2
Hi, I am new to this site but have been with PC for almost 4 yrs. We are a military family and moved to a new area back in June. I feel absolutely defeated by this area. I have had 3 mystery host/new product launch shows at my house. I invited everyone I know here (50 people), put flyers up at the grocery store, my daughters school, the Y, etc., and invited my neighbors and the neighborhood next to me. 3 people showed up to one show and no one to the others. I participated in 2 trade shows and a holiday bazaar. I got leads that led no where and the bazaar had literally 5 peolple attend. I have been able to do catalog shows for my past clients up north but I need a show so bad. Please give me some encouragement. No one I know is willing to do a show and I dont' know how long I can keep this up. I love my business and I don't want to lose it. Thanks for listening.

That can be discouraging Amy, but you are working your biz which will bring you business. It may not be immediate, especially because everyone is distracted with the upcoming holidays, but it will result in future business.

In the meantime, keep working through those no's. Could you ask your friends and family, those you know, why they are saying no? It could be an objection you overcome that leads to a show. They may be worried it's too much work, it's expensive, etc.

Keep your eyes and ears open when out & about. You may find a host or recruit while you're running errands. Hand out recipe cards and see if they know PC.

You can totally do it. Remember, it just takes 1 (ONE) show to get the ball rolling. Don't give up and do not allow discouraging replies to shut down something you love! Wishing you much success! Keep working your biz....keep informing and inviting. Our biz is all about numbers...push through those no's to get to the yeses.

Go Amy!

since our situation is identical (we got to our current duty station in june too) i need to reply.
Dont lose hope! if you`re as fortunate as i was to make a few Great friends at the new base - simply ask one of them if they could do a show to help you get started in the area. try to make the response positive. if you haven`t made any really close friends, join a group!! i met my closest friends here in the Christian Military Wives group and the Squadron wives group. it`s been Great for mr! and join lots of groups! not only will you meet a lot of people but you`ll start seeing a few of them over and over and thats whats fun.
and get your kids (if you have any) into a playgroup! visit meetup.com to find a playgroup thats not part of the base - just a local one. that helps you branch from the military crowd a little.
and yes- even a 1 year old can be in a playgroup :)
message me and we`ll talk more! i`d love to help you out!

I was going to suggest some kind of group with your kids. I joined a MOPs group here back in August to get out and meet some new people. Honestly, when I joined, my sole reason was to meet people for PC, then I realized that I really liked them, and didn't want to bombard them b/c I wanted the friendships too.
I do currently have 3 of them on the calendar (1 in Dec and 2 in the new year). Not as immediate as I had hoped for, but they are friends now and I value that.
The more you are out there meeting people, the more people will know that you are a PC lady and the more contacts you will get.

Thanks for all the advice. I am a member of a mom's groups, a playgroup, a spouse's club, a church group and I volunteer at a pet rescue. I have re-asked some people who said "No" and they just are not into it and most placed an individual order from me (out of pity I think). I managed to get 2 bookings earlier this month with ladies from my spouse's club but they both have since cancelled their shows. I just got a call from a local director to attend her cluster meeting so I am hoping they can give me suggestions to the prime areas in the area to hit up. I just need to get that TPC excitement back I've been working so hard with little results it's just not fun anymore. I just have to keep telling myself "This too shall pass" Thank you all again.

im curious to know where you`re located. we`re in bellevue,ne. this is our 1st duty station and i also just found a local meeting to attend.

ShelbyMichalek said:
im curious to know where you`re located. we`re in bellevue,ne. this is our 1st duty station and i also just found a local meeting to attend.

We are in VA. Someone actually noticed my Catalog Tote and made a comment. So I started the standard "When was the last time you were at a show" conversation and turns out she was a consultant. She then let her director know about me and she called and invited me. Talk about chance meeting!

that`s So amazing! neat!

Where are you in Virginia? We're at Ft Lee, but we'll be leaving in a few weeks! :( I have met a wonderful lady who is a consultant and she kind of took me under her wing and invited me to their cluster meetings (mine are in Alaska! so it was kind of difficult to attend). Her name is Kim Seckman, so if things don't pan out with the consultant you met, I can give you her info.

We only moved here a few months ago and I signed up after that, knowing no one!! I went to several fairs I found on craigslist and my last show was booked at one of them. Dont' give up!!!

If you're in the Ft Lee area, there is a bazaar on post this saturday where I'll have a booth. Swing in if you can!!! :)

1. How do I stay motivated when I'm feeling defeated in a new area?

It's completely normal to feel discouraged when trying something new. One way to stay motivated is to set small, achievable goals for yourself. Celebrate each accomplishment, no matter how small, to keep yourself motivated. Also, surround yourself with positive and supportive people who can offer encouragement and help lift your spirits.

2. What are some practical tips for overcoming feelings of defeat in a new area?

First, identify the root cause of your feelings of defeat. Is it a lack of knowledge or experience? Once you know the reason, you can work on finding solutions. Seek out resources such as books, online tutorials, or workshops to gain the necessary knowledge and skills. Additionally, don't be afraid to ask for help or advice from others who have overcome similar challenges.

3. How can I maintain a positive mindset when facing setbacks in a new area?

Remind yourself that setbacks are a natural part of the learning process. Instead of dwelling on your mistakes, try to view them as opportunities for growth and improvement. Stay focused on your goals and keep a positive attitude. Remember to take breaks and engage in activities that bring you joy to help maintain a positive mindset.

4. What are some ways to build confidence in a new area?

Acknowledge your small wins and celebrate your successes, no matter how small they may seem. This will help build your confidence and motivation. Additionally, try to focus on your strengths and unique skills instead of comparing yourself to others. Seek feedback from others and use it as a learning opportunity to improve and grow.

5. How can I overcome the fear of failure in a new area?

Fear of failure is a common barrier to success in a new area. To overcome it, try reframing your perspective and viewing failures as learning opportunities. Remember that failure is a necessary part of the journey towards success. Also, practice self-compassion and remind yourself that it's okay to make mistakes. Don't let the fear of failure hold you back from trying new things and reaching your goals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • NewbyPChef
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
PampChefDeb
  • keyssizzler