• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Just Need More Ideas...or Motivation...or Encouraging Words...

the one with the better consultants, said, "I don't do contract work because it is too much work. I have people on my team that do that. I just do the shows and make the money." That is what I want to do. I want to be able to do the shows and not have to worry about contracts, marketing, advertising, and all the other things that go into running a successful business. I know that is not easy, but that is what I want.
jenniwest04
Hope all are doing well with SAT this June!

I'm feeling very frustrated because despite a couple hundred calls, emails, etc. I still only have 3 shows on my calendar. I finally got to the point of just figuring it was God's way of saying I have too much on my plate since I work 40+ hours a week, own and maintain my own home by myself, will be a part-time student again and have another part-time job I work a few days each month and let it go at that despite WANTING to have $3000 in sales (so I could hit my 15K). So I was feeling accepting of this..

I've gone through regional training, the WOW training calls and all the CD's and DVD's I can watch about bookings (I can't afford to go to conference, plus I have a final when it occurs). I do the booking slide and am offering an incentive for a $1000 show, hoping to increase sale averages. I've heard from other PC consultants in my area that this was their tough time last year, too and what I was experiencing was not unusual.

Again, all fine about until my director calls and starts sounding really disappointed that's all I can get and maybe we can start doing conference calls, I need to promote theme shows, etc and basically book more. I have bookings in every month at this point but August--I have them until October.

At this date, I'm not sure how to get any more June shows with out completely harassing people. I sent out a special Father's Day gift promotion today and a booking for June email a few days ago--I normally only send emails twice a month to not harass people. I have fliers posted around the area, etc.

What am I missing?? Or am I just being too sensitive to feeling criticized...whether I was or not. I'm typically one of the top selling people in my cluster--always in top 3.

And maybe just kind words are all that are needed...I don't know...just feel very disappointed in myself right now. My parent's neighborhood is having a yard sale the 18th and 19th and perhaps I could get a show or some orders off of that...

OMG Jenni - immediately stop beating yourself up and do purge your memory of that call with your director! I was one of the top people in my cluster too and when I started not producing, my director also expressed her disappointment. It's your business not hers and she needs to chill out on you.

You are wise to see this as a message from God (or your subconcious) that you have all you can handle. SAT is great, but not to the point where you are making yourself miserable. Your have shows lined up into the fall, which means that you are doing the right things.

Hope that helps!!! Keep up the good work and HAVE FUN!!

Well said Susan, I ditto her advice.

You are the BOSS. She's there for motivation and support, but you are NOT accountable to her. She may be seeing her agenda, not yours with this tsk tsk call.

Be proud!

Thanks to you both! I appreciate the thoughts--I can't FORCE people to have shows :) And I really do have a lot going on in my life right now--that was only a partial list of things I'm involved with; I left out community/volunteer stuff.

Susan, I couldn't have said this any better.

Your director is just disappointed because her check won't be as big as usual. Do what YOU can do for YOU. This is YOUR business. Theire Directors because you are under them. Without consultants where would they be?

AMEN KIMBERLY!!!
I luckily do NOT have a director like that! I told this story once about 8 years ago after attending my very first National Confernece in July 2001. I was standing outside the Arie Crown Theater and listening to two directors talking about some of their people. One was so upset because she had a dead beat consultant who never really tried to do anything with her business. The other one chimed in that she too had several consultants that just really were sub-parr. Well, I am standing there whole time getting worried and a little sick to my stomach. I was doing OK with my business I thought. I was doing about 2 or three shows per month and averaged about $1000 per month. The one lady with the one dead beat consultant said, "She only does about $2000 in sales a month is abotu 4 parties. That is just not enough to be on my team. It is too much work to train these peopel and not get better results." Well, I almost threw up when I heard that. The other lady says that one of hers is only doing three or 4 parties a month and she is "just a waste of time."
Do you know, I was ready to walk away right then and there because I thought I was going to be talked about like that by my director. I didn't know her well enough to know that she would not do that. Well, I was 39 when I started and bold enough and tell her what I heard and that if that is what she expected of me, what with working full time plus and all the other stuff, well, I would leave PC then. She was so cool! She told me basically the same thing Susan said. Deb said something like "It is your business. Yes, I benefit when you do well but you can only do what you can do. I do not expect anything except that you try if this is what you want." In other words, if you set a goal and don't try, then I will be disappointed. And only then. She has held true to that all these years - yes, 9.5! She only wants me to get out of it, what I want out of it and can put into it. And that is all the motivation I need. Now, you simply have to take a deep breath and do what you can do despite your director. If you must, DO NOT TALK TO HER. Just do your thing. She can't boot you out, only the Home Office can do that and you really, really, REALLY gotta mess up BAD for that to happen! And it sounds like you have your calendar covered for the $150 per month so going inactive does not sound like a possiblity even. We will gladly be your sounding board, your cluster and your director if you would like. You know you can come here with anything and we can and will help when ever possible! So don't sweat it!
P.S. On a side note, if you really wanted to set the record straight with her. Stop selling, go inactive for the 6 months and sign up under someone else.
P.P.S. And my June stinks too. I only had three parties booked and have already had two for a grand total of $700. The only thing is the last one is a catty party and those avertage about $250 to $300 so... I may bne paying for fall products this year. But you know what - STUFF HAPPENS!

Last edited:
After reading all of these comments I cannot add any more. You are doing great and keep it up. Some directors seem to think (from what I read here) that we owe them more than what we can do to cushion them. Luckily I don't have a director who thinks that openly. She wants to know our goals and what she can do to help us reach them. I get praised for a job well done and for staying active.

Holy Cow I would love to have people on my team that do $1,000 or more a month. I have all hobbyists. Jenni, this is your business. I think you are doing great. Your director should be understanding that. I'm sorry she doesn't. But hang in there.

Everyone said so much great stuff! I have a great director but I have heard her and another director talk about people they call "kitnappers" (those who buy the kit and never do a thing). I intended to be just that, I was actually going to attempt 4 shows to be honest about it but I didn't care what they amounted too. I told my director and recruiter when we all met at the time I signed, "Do not count on me to pad your paycheck. I will do what I want to do, how I want to do it." I don't think they liked that, but it is my business. Low and behold, a decent little business found me! Been at it for a year now and averaged $400 a month income last year (08) and about $300 this year! I didn't expect to earn a penny! Please take heart, do what you can with your business, ask the Lord what he wants for you and take what he gives! I try to remind myself of that often! I know what I want out of my PC business but accept whatever the Lord provides me with.

The only thing I can think to add is that with everything else you have going on, I think that doing 3 shows for the month is a GREAT amount of shows! When my consultants do 3 shows a month, I celebrate with them!:thumbup:

I think that the next time your director calls you, you should set her straight. Remind her that this is your business and that you are doing what you can handle which with your busy schedule is a lot. Don't do anything different. If you feel that sending out more emails is harassing your friends and customers, then don't do it. Bookings every month? Your director should kiss the ground you walk on. And all the extra training you have done despite all that you have on your plate - WOW!Don't let anyone make you second guess what you are doing. You should be so proud of ALL your accomplishments. Keep up the great work!

I think it is sad when your Director puts pressure on you like that. My Director and I have only met once... Long story that I won't go into here. Anyway as it got closer to the end of the month in May, my Director was asking me in a email every 2-3 days if I thought my downline would have any sales in May. I told her I really wasn't sure because she was struggling and I had given her all the ideas I had to help and she was telling me she was too busy to do any training with me. She managed to have $117 in sales so I gave her $36 in HWC products sales to make her $150 last month. May 30th I even got a call from my ED...to tell me my Director would drop to a TL if I didn't get my downline to submit at least one show. I was very disappointed that it was all about the paycheck that I was getting all this attention. I concluded that this month I would do well but ONLY for me! I am still working on helping my downline and am even going to give her some of my leads from a Formal Event Fair for her to work on. You can only do what you can do. This time last year, I had 1 show in June and none in July! My first June Host has $957 in sales so far and she closes on Friday. I have 3 more "good shows" (which I consider anything over $150 to be). Heather's show will put me over $15K in Career Sales. My other Recruit who signed in March has done nothing and sent me a one line email today "Moving back to Atlanta...details at a later date." What can I do for her? Told her I would do anything I could to help her and she could call me because I knew she was busy with all going on in her life. I even offered to buy back the 100 min-catalogs I sold her and any of her S/S 09 catalogs she hadn't used. I chalk that up to someone really being a kitnapper even though she was a former Consultant.Hang in there. As everyone else has said, it's your business! 3 shows a month with all that is on your plate is great! Hang in there!

You are all so GREAT!! I appreciate your wonderful words and thoughts! Very, very much! Whatever God wants to happen will happen and I really want to, at the very least, stay active throughout my Masters degree and then refocus more energy on the business when I'm done.

Jenni, I agree w/ everything that is listed here! Don't worry about anyone but yourself. And,I WOULD talk to your director about it. Just let her know what's going on. If she sounds disappointed, just tell her that's all you can do right now, don't take it personal, and move on!

BTW, what are you doing as an incentive to get 1k shows?

Isn't one of our key recruitment statements that it's YOUR business and YOU are your own boss? If we needed more people in our lives telling us what they want us to do and how they want us to do it then we probably wouldn't be starting our own businesses.

I would relax and just focus on what's best for YOU. I was just telling my teammate (cuz she reads here and HATES if I call her my "recruiter" LOL love ya dear!) tonight that right now I'm not willing to do more than 3-4 shows a month. I left a 60+ hour job last year because I never saw my kids and I'm not going to go back to that lifestyle. If some months I want to do more then I might, but only when I want to, not when someone else tells me to! The same should go for you, do what you want, and when you want. Sure SAT is a great incentive to boost your show schedule but if it's not a good time for you then so be it!

MLinAZ said:
Isn't one of our key recruitment statements that it's YOUR business and YOU are your own boss? If we needed more people in our lives telling us what they want us to do and how they want us to do it then we probably wouldn't be starting our own businesses.

I would relax and just focus on what's best for YOU. I was just telling my teammate (cuz she reads here and HATES if I call her my "recruiter" LOL love ya dear!) tonight that right now I'm not willing to do more than 3-4 shows a month. I left a 60+ hour job last year because I never saw my kids and I'm not going to go back to that lifestyle. If some months I want to do more then I might, but only when I want to, not when someone else tells me to! The same should go for you, do what you want, and when you want. Sure SAT is a great incentive to boost your show schedule but if it's not a good time for you then so be it!

Ah, I have taught you well! LOL!

What Michelle, and everyone else, has said to you are all so TRUE! You are in this business for YOU and you answer to no one! Your upline is (or rather....SHOULD BE) there to support and encourage you. I get really ticked when I hear uplines treating their team members like that. :mad:

Take it easy and take a look at how wonderful of a job you are doing! We are all in this for different reasons and we all have different schedules. Like Michelle said, she is unwilling to push for "more"....not at the expense of her family. I couldn't agree more and 100% honor and support her decision.

It's just really sad to me that some recruiters focus on themselves, and recruit solely for their own benefit (i.e. extra monthly bonuses, paychecks..etc). This business, to me, is all about helping OTHERS reach their goals (show hosts to earn free products and have fun....team members to reach their goals in their business..etc).

I am sorry you felt pressured or looked down upon by your Director :( That's not how it should be. Stick with us and we'll let you know that you are doing just fine and we are here for ya whether you do 20 shows a month or 1 show a month ;)

I have nothing to add but to echo what so many here have already said. Take a deep breath, stop beating yourself up, and enjoy your very full life.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, all!! You have done so much to make me feel better. I can't get upset over this and let it affect me and all the things I have going on right now--especially school! I want to excel in my MBA!! I do have to say, although I'm not actively pursuing this route yet, it really makes me want to eventually have my own team to work with. I want to be the best director EVER!Oh! Steph, my incentive is a 7" Santoku knife since (long story), I have a small supply of them. I haven't had anyone reach the goal yet, but it's been making them try hard. I also do a host tic-tac-toe game that has increased my show average (I got it off here). And I spoke to my director before the call several times telling of my circumstances--her suggestion was more cattie shows...which is great, but it still takes quite a bit of work to find people to do those, too. I'm going to sit down this week and create a study, work, work, and PC schedule for myself And schedule a bit of fun time, too-whether it's just me, with my boyfriend or with my friends! I'm starting a hip hop dance class next week just to do something special for myself!

Hi Jennifer,
So much good stuff has been said already, so I might as well chip in.
I have had a couple "round-d-rounds" with my "director".
To make a long, long, long story short, it IS your business and YOU dictate how you want to run it.
That being said, be gracious and careful not to burn any bridges.
Good luck

What are some easy and quick meal ideas?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I am often asked for meal ideas that are both easy and quick to make. One option is our One-Pot Spaghetti, which only requires one pot and can be made in under 20 minutes. Another favorite is our Sheet Pan Fajitas, where all the ingredients are cooked on one sheet pan for a hassle-free clean-up. You can also try our Veggie Frittata, which is a simple and nutritious meal that can be made in less than 30 minutes.

How can I stay motivated to cook at home?

Finding motivation to cook at home can be a challenge, but there are a few tips that can help. One way is to plan your meals for the week ahead of time. This will help you stay organized and make it easier to stick to cooking at home. Another tip is to involve your family or friends in the cooking process. This can make it more enjoyable and can also hold you accountable to cooking at home. Lastly, try new and exciting recipes to keep things interesting and prevent boredom in the kitchen.

What are some ways to add variety to my meals?

If you're feeling stuck in a meal rut, there are many ways to add variety to your meals. One idea is to experiment with different spices and seasonings to give your dishes a new flavor. You can also try incorporating new proteins, such as tofu or tempeh, into your meals for a different source of protein. Another option is to swap out traditional ingredients for healthier alternatives, like using zucchini noodles instead of pasta. Lastly, don't be afraid to try new recipes or cuisines to mix things up in the kitchen.

How can I make meal prep easier?

Meal prep can seem overwhelming, but with the right tools and tips, it can be made much easier. One way is to invest in quality kitchen tools, such as a food processor or slow cooker, that can help save time and make meal prep more efficient. Another tip is to cook in bulk and freeze meals for later. This can save you time and energy during busy weeks. Planning ahead and making a detailed grocery list can also make the meal prep process smoother.

What are some ways to stay on track with healthy eating?

Sticking to a healthy eating plan can be challenging, but there are ways to stay on track. One way is to meal prep and plan your meals ahead of time. This will help you avoid making unhealthy choices when you're short on time. Another tip is to keep healthy snacks on hand, such as fruits and vegetables, to avoid reaching for unhealthy options. Surrounding yourself with a support system, whether it be friends or a health coach, can also help keep you accountable and motivated to stay on track with healthy eating.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • NewbyPChef
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
PampChefDeb
  • beckysuem