• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling to Book Parties? Get Tips and Encouragement Here!

In summary, the conversation discusses the challenges of booking parties and gaining sales as a new consultant. The suggestion is made to use the June-July Booking Bonanza Flyer and to offer more affordable products. It is also recommended to have host packets and PC catalogs on hand, and to consider hosting an open house. The importance of communication with the recruiter and director is emphasized. It is advised not to give away too many free products, but instead focus on promoting the generous host program. The importance of keeping a positive attitude and putting energy into current shows is also mentioned.
pampered_rae
Gold Member
Ok so I just started this month, I am off to a good start but now it is fading I have two catalog shows and two cooking shows booked, 3 june 1 july. But past that I can't get ANYONE to book a party. I have thought about giving more stuff away but I hate to use all my money before I can even make any. I would love to catch up to the $155 I spent for the kit before I spend tons more. I know you have to spend money to make money but I don't want to "give away the shop".
Also I am just not too sure how to approach people. Should I just walk up to them and say "Boy have I got a deal for you" kinda thing?

I'm using the June-July Booking Bonanza Flyer. You can tweak it to offer products that are more affordable for you. I'm still not so good at the tweaking. Try going to files & enter June and July and you should find it. Don't get discouraged.

It took me a while to get going & I wasn't pushing it then because I was working a FT "day job" that I just quit last week.:eek: :D
Always have host packets with you and carry around PC catalogs so they can be seen. Using the tote that has the catalog pocket (on supply order for $15) is a good investment.

Maybe try an open house. Make a flyer & send it around your neighborhood to announce your business.
Getting some sales will help you earn the new fall products. See the Sell a Thon incentive on Consultants Corner.

Also, talk to your recruiter & director!!! They should be there to help you!

Good luck!:)

I don't think you need to give away the shop--I think the host program is very generous (having hosted before becoming a consultant), and once people understand what they'll get I don't really think one more free thing is the deal breaker. I think people are busy and have trouble committing to one more thing, or to the idea of inviting people to their home for something "sales"-ish. I would explain the host program and tell your contacts how much you'd love to share it with them. Go from the shows you've already done and when you make your customer care calls to check how they like their stuff, ask if there were other products on their wishlist and then let them know how you'll help them get them for free. Offer to mail out invites or do the grocery shopping (they can reimburse you) to make it easier. Or come right out to the people you are comfortable with and ask them to help you get your business going and in return you will help them get free products. Good luck and hang in there--I have not had one cooking show yet in May (one next week, had one earlier that cancelled), and while I have 6 shows scheduled for June I know that at least one probably two will cancel as the hosts have been MIA. Just put your energy into making the shows that you have the best you can make them rather than an focusing on the shows that haven't scheduled.

dwyerkim said:
I don't think you need to give away the shop--I think the host program is very generous (having hosted before becoming a consultant), and once people understand what they'll get I don't really think one more free thing is the deal breaker. I think people are busy and have trouble committing to one more thing, or to the idea of inviting people to their home for something "sales"-ish. I would explain the host program and tell your contacts how much you'd love to share it with them. Go from the shows you've already done and when you make your customer care calls to check how they like their stuff, ask if there were other products on their wishlist and then let them know how you'll help them get them for free. Offer to mail out invites or do the grocery shopping (they can reimburse you) to make it easier. Or come right out to the people you are comfortable with and ask them to help you get your business going and in return you will help them get free products. Good luck and hang in there--I have not had one cooking show yet in May (one next week, had one earlier that cancelled), and while I have 6 shows scheduled for June I know that at least one probably two will cancel as the hosts have been MIA. Just put your energy into making the shows that you have the best you can make them rather than an focusing on the shows that haven't scheduled.

Yeah, what she said!
(Kim I gotta say... you really did hit it on the head here. Kind of makes a "momma" proud!

Rae,

Sounds like you are doing pretty good to me. I have bookings for June but nothing for July. I am sure you wil get bookings from the shows you have booked.

I am running a host competition in June for the Sellathon. The host with most at the end of June gets the BBQ Jumbo turner for free.

pchefkristin said:
Yeah, what she said!
(Kim I gotta say... you really did hit it on the head here. Kind of makes a "momma" proud!

;) Learned from the best!

On the surface, this is a tough time for us in Germany....it being PCS-season and others heading back to the states on vacation.....oh, but that can be such a positive thing too!

Since we (military/DODDS) tend to be such a social group, try suggesting their party be a chance to get-together before everyone heads their separate ways for the summer (or goes to new assignments).

You can also offer 'express shows' during the week where you have everything pretty much done. You do some 'finishing-off' that shows the products, but generally have it set so guests can be in and out within an hour and a half. (When they know they can leave....they then seem to stay!)

Also, you may find a few friends who are willing to do catalog shows while they are home in the states (helps if you have a website). This doesn't really help you local business, but does give you some additional sales. :)

kris

Rae, try to keep in mind that, while you're new, and you are asking people to help you out as you get started, you're also offering to do something great for them. Make sure you're focusing on the benefits they'll receive.

I don't just mean the host benefits. It's the easiest party they'll ever throw. You are their own private party planner. When they invite friends over they always have to figure out what to serve. Problem solved. You're doing the food. They have to figure out how to keep everyone entertained. Well, you're the entertainment.

And, on a completely different note, I still get a kick out of appearing to talk to myself.

Am I wrongin assuming that we all have a rough time in June and July. What with all the sports activities, vacations, holidays, conference, kids being home, and that's just us consultants. Think about trying to work that around what your potential hosts need to have you work around as well. It get's a little hairy! What I like to do, is not set my sights too high. If I calmly go into the month of June thinking I have only 2 shows. (Actually it's one!) I don't "push" to hard for more. This way my voice, whether it be oral or in writing, does NOT sound desperate. I can then talk to people like I could care-a-less if they book or not. This allows me to make it sound more like I am doing them a favor by offering them some really great deals. I have one show in June and one in July. Tomorrow I am doing a "walk" around in my neighborhood to see about HWC orders. I will also ask them about maybe doing a show in June or July. Without my stress at getting shows in my voice when I talk to them, I know I will end up with at least one or two more parties. Even if it is only in my neighborhood. It's kinda like the old adage, when you ain't looking is when it will happen. Take the stress off yourself and, well the rest could be history! I will let you know tomorrow night if it worked for me!

Last edited:
Thankfully my mind hasn't bought into the idea that June and July are slow months. So far I have 7 cooking shows and 3 catalog shows booked in June. I have started booking July yet. I AM finding it a challenge booking from show, though I'm really glad that I didn't from last night's show - that's not a market I want to stay stuck in, if you know what I mean.

I'm taking catalogs and order forms with us when we go camping next week - you never know - it just may turn into a catalog show!

You know Rae I think some of this talking to myself stuff has rubbed off on my son. He loves to talk to his reflection, which he sees best in the window behind my computer. It is so funny.

pampered1224 said:
Tomorrow I am doing a "walk" around in my neighborhood to see about HWC orders. I will also ask them about maybe doing a show in June or July. Without my stress at getting shows in my voice when I talk to them, I know I will end up with at least one or two more parties. Even if it is only in my neighborhood. It's kinda like the old adage, when you ain't looking is when it will happen. Take the stress off yourself and, well the rest could be history! I will let you know tomorrow night if it worked for me!
Just a simple one here. How do you do a walk around? I don't like to feel like I am a "pushy sales" person. How do you just straight out ask them to buy? I am not a very outgoing person and don't know quite how to strike up conversations without feeling like I have $$ in my eyes. If you get what I mean.

pampered_rae said:
You know Rae I think some of this talking to myself stuff has rubbed off on my son. He loves to talk to his reflection, which he sees best in the window behind my computer. It is so funny.

Does he have an imaginary friend? My boy had Super Dog. Super Dog developed the ability to fly one day when I refused to turn around and go back to get him when he forgot to get in the car.

As far as the walk around the neighborhood, I live in the middle of nowhere, so it's not really an option for me. However, I doubt anyone would be offended if you handed out some mini-catalogs, introduced yourself, and told them you just wanted to let them know you're available if they ever need anything. Think of it more as an introductory stroll then trolling for sales/bookings

Thanks Rae,
My son doesn't have an imaginary friend yet just the other Niko in anything that gives a reflection. It is cute but mildly disturbing when his first words are where's Niko.

Thanks Rae for the tips.

Glad to help.

Kids are amazing. I had an imaginary friend. My parents were concerned. Friends and family told them it was because I didn't have any siblings. After my brother was born, my imaginary friend stayed around for a long time. I occasionally tell my brother that he failed in the main purpose for which he was born. :p

:( I hate to be a pooper....but we can't do the walk-around-thing in the housing areas or on base. It's considered solicitation and can get you in trouble. (Unauthorized solicitation is a 'prohibited activity'.)

Most people won't care, but it only takes one person to really ruin your day. It's your call...just wanted to be sure you knew so you didn't get blind-sided.

kris

Related to Struggling to Book Parties? Get Tips and Encouragement Here!

What is "Need Some Encouragement"?

"Need Some Encouragement" is a line of products designed to promote positivity and self-care. It includes items such as affirmation cards, scented candles, and self-care journals.

How can "Need Some Encouragement" products benefit me?

Using "Need Some Encouragement" products can help improve your overall well-being by promoting self-care, positive thinking, and relaxation. They also make great gifts for loved ones who may need a little pick-me-up.

Are "Need Some Encouragement" products only for women?

No, our products are for everyone! We believe that everyone deserves to feel encouraged and cared for, regardless of gender.

Can I purchase "Need Some Encouragement" products in bulk for events or gifts?

Yes, we offer bulk purchasing options for events or gifts. Please reach out to your local Pampered Chef consultant for more information.

Do you offer any discounts or promotions for "Need Some Encouragement" products?

We occasionally offer discounts and promotions on our "Need Some Encouragement" products. Be sure to follow us on social media and sign up for our newsletter to stay updated on any current offers!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Dina Atnip
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • ChefAndiHV
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefAndiHV
  • MrsKristee