• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frustrated ... Don't Know Where to Begin!

It is understandable that August is a tough month for you. And on top of that, dealing with a frustrating roommate who eats your food and a printer that won't work when you need it. It can be overwhelming and stressful. Just remember to take care of yourself and don't be afraid to speak up to your roommate or anyone else causing you frustration. And as for your stomach troubles, ginger can be helpful. Take care and hang in there.In summary, the speaker is frustrated about a number of things, including a host rescheduling and a host not returning calls, a faulty printer, a roommate who eats her food, and stomach troubles. She also mentions the anniversary of her mother's death and
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
I am frustrated about a number of things ... in no particular order ....

• My Aug. 20 host called to reschedule ... she wants to check her calendar. I am trying to steer her toward a Sunday! Frustrating thing is I took a few days off work, in part, because she requested a Wednesday and I can't do Wednesday shows unless I'm on vacation!

• My host for SATURDAY hasn't returned one of my calls ... his show is REGISTERED WITH HO so I am going to talk him into it even if he wants to switch to a book show ... just in case someone calls!

• My printer died in July about the same time as my computer and monitor ... got a replacement from a friend with NO INK ... bought ink on ebay ... color cartridge was defective ... got sick of waiting for a replacement and bought remanufactured cartridges locally ... now the dumb thing won't work! It would cost $50 I don't have to buy a new one ... found one on Freecycle but the cartridges for it are equally pricey and don't hold much ink! Of course ... why am I worrying about a printer when all my shows CANCEL!

• I have a catalog host too, but I'm starting to project my worries onto her ... and the other catalog host who has dodged my calls ... I was going to hit $1,000 this month and now I'm starting to worry about going inactive!

• My stupid roomate keeps consuming things I buy to make at shows ... my latest frustration was when I went to make the asian noodle skilletlast night ... no oriental ramen noodles (which I'd stored in a grocery bag in my pantry) and then I found my sesame oil (which goes for EIGHT DOLLARS A BOTTLE is gone! To top it all off ... I went to grab the leftovers to take to work and guess what? Those were gone too ....

• My stomach has been troubling me most of the past week.

• Yesterday was the anniversary of my mom's sudden death in a car crash ... I was feeling proud of myself for seeing it as "just another Wednesday" but my sleep patterns have been lousy and I think part of it is I WANT MY MOMMY!

Thanks for letting me vent ...

Di,
I hope things get better for you. I'm so sorry about your Mom. I am feeling the same way, my Mom passed away August 23rd, 2005 and it just seems like every August is no fun for me.
It really sucks too that your roomate is being so inconsiderate, maybe time to speak up.
I have no super great advice but just wanted to say hang in there and things will get better.
Hey at least give yourself credit for trying and take care of yourself. I know how much stress can effect your stomach!

Tammy

sorry your having an aweful day. I hope it gets better for you.
I get sad every November because thats when my father hung himself. It has been a long time, but never feels better. I am sorry you lost your mom.
Take deep breaths and hope for the best. Maybe things will turn around.

Di

Glad you can come here to vent to us. I hope you have someone in your life who will take the roll as Mom/Mentor for you. If no one at this time has that role, then try to find someone.

I do hope you speak up and talk to your roommate. Tell her you can't afford to feed her the things that you purchase for your shows. If she needs an obvious system then come up with one. The grocery bag thing should work, but she apparently doesn't know of follow it.

I'm wondering why you purchase the food that you make at shows. I would stop doing that, though I know many people do it. I'm quite against doing any food prep at home before a show. I will bring parm. cheese and garlic cloves or things like that, but it's for my convenience so I can show tools.

Anyway, I hope you have a better day. I hear ginger helps a bad stomach.

JAE said:
I'm wondering why you purchase the food that you make at shows. I would stop doing that, though I know many people do it. I'm quite against doing any food prep at home before a show. I will bring parm. cheese and garlic cloves or things like that, but it's for my convenience so I can show tools.

Maybe she means, it's food she has bought to practice recipes she is going to make at shows...

Di, I hope things get better for you soon. I am sorry to hear about your mom.
Keep your chin up and TALK to your roomate. I would talk once, present a bill to cover the cost the second time.

Di~

When it rains, it pours girl! Sorry to hear that you are battling stress on so many sides. I pray that God gives you a wonderful night's sleep...and the strength to deal with each of these stressors individually.

{{{HUGS}}}
Kelly

So sorry that you have so much on you right now. No matter how long it is that a parent has been gone, bad days still come. My Mom died 11 years ago April 10 and my Dad died 26 years ago August 19th. I still miss them bunches.

As for the "stealing roomie", sit her down as others have suggested. I like the idea from pampered.chris to give her a bill! Maybe that will make her think twice. Do you have any way of padlocking your pantry? Sounds like she needs a BIG STRONG hint!

Hugs!

It was just stuff for a practice recipe ... I NEVER bought Oriental Ramen noodles before I found the pork noodle skillet recipe ... ditto for the sesame oil ... I only used it ONCE. I just got the asian seasoning and was anxious to use it in something! I did get the whole "I'm not a mind reader" thing ... sure, things in the pantry are generally pfair game, but I didn't know I had to label stuff like that ... esp. when we had this LONG conversation about whether I REALLY needed that pricey oil for this recipe when I first wanted to try it ... Of course ... my friend tends to have a swiss cheese memory ...I did get an apology for the name I was called ... yes, I was grumpy but I had specifically said in the past that I did not want to be called that name in my own house. Let's just say it reminds me of someone and the comparison is not pleasant!ANYWAY ... it's been 9 years since I lost my mom ... for a long time I was a basket case on that day and could not, under any circumstances, be alone on that day. I was surprised the first time it was "just another day." Why is it bothering me now when it hasn't in the past?I think I may do the "caller ID block" to call the Saturday host and just see if he answers the phone ...At least my September is looking up ... somebody I know wants to have a party. Woo-hooo!

Oh my I just started crying!!! I could feel all the tension and emotions you're feeling and I know what you mean about seeing it as just another day. I lost my daddy over 7 years ago and that feeling is still there when I'm having a bad day. He was the problem solver and the one I could call in an emergency.

Cry it out and you will feel better. Keeping it all bottled up inside is what is causing you other health issues. Let it out and you will feel better trust me.

so.... is today any better?? I hope so. I've had a few days like yours recently & I can sooo relate to your feelings. My best advice, have a good cry (or 2, or 10) and you'll start to be able to move forward.Things will looks better soon :)

Well ... just woke up when my SIL called my cel phone ... missed my director's call on my home phone which I REALLY wanted to take... and am trying to figure out what gets paid first on my bills ...YAWN.

your months sounds like mine.. PC is going good for me. It's my rental, tenents didn't pay July. evicted them Aug. and they did $3500 in damages to the house.
had it fixed up looking like new to sell when the market crapped on it's self... been feeling sick each time I walk into the house.

1. How can I organize my kitchen to make meal prep easier?

One of the easiest ways to organize your kitchen is to use storage containers and labels to keep your ingredients and tools easily accessible. Another tip is to create dedicated spaces for different tasks, such as a baking area or a meal prep station.

2. What are some quick and easy recipes for busy weeknights?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of quick and easy recipes for busy weeknights, such as sheet pan dinners, one-pot meals, and slow cooker recipes. You can also check out our website for recipe ideas and inspiration.

3. How can I improve my knife skills for efficient meal prep?

One way to improve your knife skills is to invest in a high-quality chef's knife and practice proper technique, such as using the claw grip and keeping your fingers tucked in. You can also watch tutorials or take a cooking class to learn more.

4. What are some must-have kitchen gadgets for beginner cooks?

Some essential kitchen gadgets for beginner cooks include a good set of knives, a cutting board, measuring cups and spoons, a non-stick skillet, and a slow cooker. These tools will help you prepare a wide range of dishes with ease.

5. How can I incorporate more vegetables into my meals?

One tip for incorporating more vegetables into your meals is to use them as the main ingredient in dishes, such as zucchini noodles or cauliflower rice. You can also add them to soups, stir-fries, and casseroles for a boost of nutrition.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lauradahl
Replies