1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Humor OT: What did you do at work today...

1. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

I had to share because I've been laughing my butt off at work for the last 30 minutes. I run a printer that purges ink ever so often and also through a cleaning cycle into a Maintenance Tank. This tank had absorbant foam in it and needs to be replaced every so often. The last time I asked my boss about replacing it, he told me that he found out we can reuse them by resetting and restuffing it. So he said he would look around to find something to restuff it with. He came up to me yesterday and gave me a sack and said that I could use this. I came back to my desk and looked in the bag. He (or possibly his girlfriend, couldn't imagine him actually purchasing them) gave me a box full of...

:eek:TAMPONS!:eek:

Yes, that's right! So I just spent the last 20 minutes pulling 40 super absorbant
    TAMPONS
    out of their cartridges and stuffing them into the Maintenance Tank. Not only that but I had to test the absorbancy to find out how much to stuff it! All I have to say is that I love my job... NOT! :rolleyes:

So how was your day at work?

May 14, 2009
  2. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

That is too dang funny! Guess that would fall under "other" in the job description! You should email the manufacturer and let them know there's a new use for them.....hope the GF doesn't find they're missing when she needs 'em most!

3. janetupnorth

janetupnorth Legend Member Gold Member

When I teach Pet First Aid, I suggest that they be included in a first aid kit. They are great for support or to absorb blood when a dog gets a stick in the ear, etc. Stick it in, tape around it and it holds the ear in place and soaks up all the blood. :)

May 14, 2009
  4. sk8rgrrl99

sk8rgrrl99 Member

OMG... roflmao!! Does that come with rubber gloves and hazzard pay??

May 14, 2009
  5. Wow....just wow!!! I so have to share this with my hubby! Which makes me wonder...if your position was filled by a guy, would he have been able to ask a guy to do this? :D

6. wadesgirl

I was more worried about my printer getting toxic shock sydrome!

May 14, 2009
  7. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

THAT'S FUNNY! Now, who's the poor chap who gets to open that compartment up later when it needs refilled?

May 14, 2009
  8. wadesgirl

Your looking at her... Actually I'm going to be checking it every day to make sure I did over stuff it!

May 14, 2009
  9. esavvymom

well, that's kind of good. Couldn't imagine if it was a guy or printer-service person..*teehee* You at least know what to expect!

May 14, 2009
  10. wadesgirl

What we are supposed to get it serviced... That would never happen around here. It's been serviced once in the last 3 years since I've worked here.

May 14, 2009
  11. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

How much is it for the replacement? Because a box of tampons aren't exactly CHEAP (though, your boss sure is!).

Oh, I'm sorry, was I supposed to put that in a spoiler?;)

12. wadesgirl

It around $39 but we only replace it 2 or 3 times a year! Oh yes, it's all about saving money until we find out if it works or not. I laugh every time I check the tank to see how it's "absorbing".

May 14, 2009
  13. esavvymom

you should take a picture....might make good blackmail on your boss someday!

May 14, 2009
  14. wadesgirl

That was the funny part, my coworker took pictures on her cell phone and sent them to another coworker at a different location. They were pretty funny, she laughed so hard when I told her it was work related.

May 14, 2009
  15. candiejayne

candiejayne Veteran Member

LOL that is toooooo funny!

May 14, 2009
  16. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

I thought ink was expensive, why does it waste so much?

17. wadesgirl

It's not a normal printer, it's a very expensive commerical grade printer.

May 14, 2009
  18. heather223

heather223 Veteran Member Gold Member

WOW! I am laughing too hard at this one right now!

May 14, 2009
  19. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

I'm suddenly picturing the cleaning crew coming at the end of the day when you change them. Can you imagine finding black tampons in the trash? It would freak me out.

May 14, 2009
  20. wadesgirl

Your looking at the cleaning crew also, we have no thrills where I work. We take turns weekly cleaning the bathroom and break room. I have to clean up after 15 guys every once in a while, glad it's not more often then that. But as for my own work area, that's mine, cleaning, taking out the trash, vaccuming.

May 14, 2009
  21. Crystal Patton

Crystal Patton Advanced Member

I call the 'Vampire Tea Bags' and I too would be concerned about TSS. Do you suppose there is a PETA group for printed abuse? LOL

22. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

I don't envy you at all. At least you've been able to keep your sense of humor. :D

May 15, 2009
  23. wadesgirl

You have to in this job!

May 15, 2009
Have something to add?