• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Humor Ot: What Did You Do at Work Today...

In summary, the printer's ink needs to be purged and cleaned regularly, and the last time I asked my boss about replacing the tank he gave me a box of absorbant foam to use instead. Yesterday, my boss came up to me and gave me a sack full of the foam and said I could use it. I came back to my desk and looked in the bag, and found 40 super absorbant tampons. I had to test the absorbancy to find out how much to stuff it, and all I have to say is that I love my job... not!
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I had to share because I've been laughing my butt off at work for the last 30 minutes. I run a printer that purges ink ever so often and also through a cleaning cycle into a Maintenance Tank. This tank had absorbant foam in it and needs to be replaced every so often. The last time I asked my boss about replacing it, he told me that he found out we can reuse them by resetting and restuffing it. So he said he would look around to find something to restuff it with. He came up to me yesterday and gave me a sack and said that I could use this. I came back to my desk and looked in the bag. He (or possibly his girlfriend, couldn't imagine him actually purchasing them) gave me a box full of...

:eek:TAMPONS!:eek:

Yes, that's right! So I just spent the last 20 minutes pulling 40 super absorbant
TAMPONS
out of their cartridges and stuffing them into the Maintenance Tank. Not only that but I had to test the absorbancy to find out how much to stuff it! All I have to say is that I love my job... NOT! :rolleyes:

So how was your day at work?

That is too dang funny! Guess that would fall under "other" in the job description! You should email the manufacturer and let them know there's a new use for them.....hope the GF doesn't find they're missing when she needs 'em most!

When I teach Pet First Aid, I suggest that they be included in a first aid kit. They are great for support or to absorb blood when a dog gets a stick in the ear, etc. Stick it in, tape around it and it holds the ear in place and soaks up all the blood. :)

OMG... roflmao!! Does that come with rubber gloves and hazzard pay??

Wow....just wow!!! I so have to share this with my hubby! Which makes me wonder...if your position was filled by a guy, would he have been able to ask a guy to do this? :D

sk8rgrrl99 said:
OMG... roflmao!! Does that come with rubber gloves and hazzard pay??

I was more worried about my printer getting toxic shock sydrome!

wadesgirl said:
I was more worried about my printer getting toxic shock sydrome!

THAT'S FUNNY! Now, who's the poor chap who gets to open that compartment up later when it needs refilled?

esavvymom said:
THAT'S FUNNY! Now, who's the poor chap who gets to open that compartment up later when it needs refilled?

Your looking at her... Actually I'm going to be checking it every day to make sure I did over stuff it!

well, that's kind of good. Couldn't imagine if it was a guy or printer-service person..*teehee* You at least know what to expect!

esavvymom said:
well, that's kind of good. Couldn't imagine if it was a guy or printer-service person..*teehee* You at least know what to expect!

What we are supposed to get it serviced... That would never happen around here. It's been serviced once in the last 3 years since I've worked here.

How much is it for the replacement? Because a box of tampons aren't exactly CHEAP (though, your boss sure is!).

Oh, I'm sorry, was I supposed to put that in a spoiler?;)

pampchefsarah said:
How much is it for the replacement? Because a box of tampons aren't exactly CHEAP (though, your boss sure is!).

Oh, I'm sorry, was I supposed to put that in a spoiler?;)

It around $39 but we only replace it 2 or 3 times a year! Oh yes, it's all about saving money until we find out if it works or not. I laugh every time I check the tank to see how it's "absorbing".

you should take a picture....might make good blackmail on your boss someday!

esavvymom said:
you should take a picture....might make good blackmail on your boss someday!

That was the funny part, my coworker took pictures on her cell phone and sent them to another coworker at a different location. They were pretty funny, she laughed so hard when I told her it was work related.

LOL that is toooooo funny!

I thought ink was expensive, why does it waste so much?

BlessedWifeMommy said:
I thought ink was expensive, why does it waste so much?

It's not a normal printer, it's a very expensive commerical grade printer.

WOW! I am laughing too hard at this one right now!

I'm suddenly picturing the cleaning crew coming at the end of the day when you change them. Can you imagine finding black tampons in the trash? It would freak me out.

raebates said:
I'm suddenly picturing the cleaning crew coming at the end of the day when you change them. Can you imagine finding black tampons in the trash? It would freak me out.

Your looking at the cleaning crew also, we have no thrills where I work. We take turns weekly cleaning the bathroom and break room. I have to clean up after 15 guys every once in a while, glad it's not more often then that. But as for my own work area, that's mine, cleaning, taking out the trash, vaccuming.

I call the 'Vampire Tea Bags' and I too would be concerned about TSS. Do you suppose there is a PETA group for printed abuse? LOL

wadesgirl said:
Your looking at the cleaning crew also, we have no thrills where I work. We take turns weekly cleaning the bathroom and break room. I have to clean up after 15 guys every once in a while, glad it's not more often then that. But as for my own work area, that's mine, cleaning, taking out the trash, vaccuming.

I don't envy you at all. At least you've been able to keep your sense of humor. :D

raebates said:
I don't envy you at all. At least you've been able to keep your sense of humor. :D

You have to in this job!

1. What is Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that specializes in high-quality kitchen tools, cookware, and kitchen gadgets. Our mission is to help people discover the joy of cooking and entertaining at home.

2. What does "Ot: What Did You Do at Work Today..." mean?

"Ot: What Did You Do at Work Today..." is a phrase used by Pampered Chef consultants to share their daily tasks and accomplishments with their team and customers. It stands for "On Track" and is a way to stay accountable and motivated in our work.

3. How do you become a Pampered Chef consultant?

To become a Pampered Chef consultant, you can sign up online through our website or through a current consultant. You will need to purchase a starter kit, which includes all the necessary tools and resources to get started. You will also have access to ongoing training and support from your upline and the company.

4. What are the benefits of being a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you have the opportunity to earn income through sales, team building, and bonuses. You also have the flexibility to work on your own schedule and be your own boss. Additionally, you can earn free and discounted products and have access to exclusive discounts and promotions.

5. What makes Pampered Chef products unique?

Pampered Chef products are designed with the home cook in mind. They are made with high-quality materials and innovative designs to make cooking and entertaining easier and more enjoyable. Our products also come with a satisfaction guarantee, so you can shop with confidence.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies