• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Surviving Chaos: My DH's Tooth Extraction and Family Illnesses

In summary, my DH had three teeth pulled yesterday by and oral surgeon and he also has possibly a sinus infection. He went to work today which he probably shouldn't have because now today it is all a lot worse. My 5 year old son has a sinus and ear infection and my 3 year old son's allergies are in overdrive. I think I am going to go insane with 3 boys in my house who are all ill. The biggest baby is of course my DH. Yesterday and tonight has been can you get me this and get me that and I just can't get up.
apriljc
My DH had three teeth pulled yesterday by and oral surgeon and he also has possibly a sinus infection. What a baby. I think they cut his feet of too because he cannot get up and do anything. He did go to work today which he probably shouldn't have because now today it is all a lot worse. My 5 year old son has a sinus and ear infection and my 3 year old son's allergies are in overdrive. I think I am going to go insane with 3 boys in my house who are all ill. The biggest baby is of course my DH. Yesterday and tonight has been can you get me this and get me that and I just can't get up.
Sorry that you all have to listen to me vent but I just can't take it any longer.
Thanks for listening.

A few years ago my Dh had that done and I figured he would be about the same, but luckily he wasn't. But on the other hand when he has a little tummy ache he is the biggest baby in the house and most of the time I am not very sympathetic, I go to work no matter what and if he has an upset stomach he stays home, I am finally turning him into a 'man', lol, and telling him to tough it out, he used to be really bad. But I have 4 boys to baby I don't have the energy for a 5th HUGE baby. Sometimes he gets upset with me, because I usually don't baby him, but he gets over it.

apriljc said:
. I think they cut his feet of too because he cannot get up and do anything.

April,

You made me laugh out loud and laugh until I cried. I hope things are better today.

Jeanine

chefjeanine said:
April,

You made me laugh out loud and laugh until I cried. I hope things are better today.

Jeanine

I laughed and related to that comment SO MUCH!! Thanks for the laugh!:D

Thanks for making me laugh. The DH finally went to the Dr today and told me that he just has a cold but the doctor gave him a shot and put him on 3 diffent medicines. My 5 year old son also has a ear and sinus infection so he is on medicines and aerosol treatments and my three year old just coughs like allergy coughing. The weather here has been crazy. One day it will be close to the 80's and the next it will be in the 40's. It has been like this for several weeks. No wonder why everyone is sick, not just my family.

You're making me really look forward to the oral surgery :eek: I have coming up. Let's just say I'm glad it's not happening just before Thanksgiving.

You will be just fine Kitchen Guy. I have had oral surgery and I didn't think it was that bad. My husband is being a baby and he is sucking it all for what it is worth. Good luck and let us know how it all goes. If it makes you feel any better I am having nasal surgery in Jan.

You haven't heard the entire (hint hint hint) story and it's even worse than that. However, in the overall scheme of things, it's a small price to pay.

DhThis is why men don't have Baby's ..... can you just picture them up walking around after having a c-section (haha) My DH would still be crying years later ..

Doreen Zaino :eek:

(Never Mind.)

Last edited:
And a dead silence falls on the crowd, lol.

Arrrrgh, and it's one a me best gags, Matey.

There's a guy at work that would love that, I will have to remember to tell him tomorrow.

Related to Surviving Chaos: My DH's Tooth Extraction and Family Illnesses

1. How can I get my husband to help with household chores?

Communicate openly and calmly with your husband about your expectations and the division of labor in the household. Offer specific tasks for him to do and show appreciation when he completes them. Consider creating a chore chart or schedule for both of you to follow.

2. My husband is always leaving his things around the house. How do I get him to be more organized?

Encourage your husband to designate a specific spot for his belongings and remind him to put them away when he's finished using them. You can also suggest decluttering together and creating a designated area for his items.

3. What can I do if my husband forgets important dates or events?

Remind your husband of important dates in advance and set reminders on his phone or calendar. You can also create a shared calendar for both of you to keep track of important dates and events. Communicate calmly if he does forget and try to find a solution together.

4. How do I deal with my husband's bad habits that are driving me crazy?

First, try to understand why your husband has these habits and approach the situation with empathy. Communicate your concerns and try to find a compromise or solution together. If the habits are causing serious issues, consider seeking outside help or counseling.

5. My husband and I have different parenting styles. How can we find a middle ground?

It's important to have open and honest communication about your parenting styles and why they may differ. Discuss your values and priorities as parents and try to find common ground. Remember to respect each other's opinions and come to a mutual agreement on how to raise your children.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • pamperedtraci
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
dianevill
  • Jean DeVries