• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's Your New Year's Plans Tonight and Tomorrow?

In summary, some members have plans for New Year's Eve, including a bonfire and fireworks at the inlaws with a meal of steaks, hot dogs, and marshmallows, while others are staying in and watching TV or taking down Christmas decorations. Some are also spending time with family and friends, going out to dinner, or staying in and relaxing. Some are also preparing for the new year by organizing receipts and making plans.
jrstephens
We have a bonfire and fireworks at my inlaws. We will cook steaks and eat supper inside. Then we will move outside to roast hot dogs and marshmellows. Luke went with them to buy fireworks yesterday and he is so excited for tonight to get here. Cole will have to stay at my parents since he keeps having ear infections, he cannot be out in the cool night air.

We will eat lunch with my parents tomorrow on New Year's Day.

What are yall doing?

I'm working at my parents' cafe tonight, then come home & watch the ball drop on tv.

jrstephens said:
We have a bonfire and fireworks at my inlaws. We will cook steaks and eat supper inside. Then we will move outside to roast hot dogs and marshmellows. Luke went with them to buy fireworks yesterday and he is so excited for tonight to get here. Cole will have to stay at my parents since he keeps having ear infections, he cannot be out in the cool night air.

We will eat lunch with my parents tomorrow on New Year's Day.

What are yall doing?

I love your thread Jennifer! Of course I am working til 6, and then its just me and Christmas (our cat) --- nothing out of the ordinary. Dinner and TV by the fire place! In bed before midnight! ;)

Your day/evening sounds like fun Jennifer! I'm getting together with friends to go out for Chinese food, then back to a house for dessert potluck and games. I made the Cherry Cordial Torte and it looks beautiful.

Tomorrow I'll spend quiet time reflecting on the past year and making plans for the new year.

We'll see if how late we'll stay up tonight. DH and I got hit with some stomach bug last night, and we're both quite under the weather. Tomorrow the plan is to go over to a friend's house and watch the Rose Bowl.

Go USC!

I'm taking down the Christmas Tree. DH is making a pizza. We are boring!

Going for dinner with my parents this evening, then to my SIL's for a small get-together. DH and I will probably be in bed shortly after midnight, if not before. Dinner at my parents tomorrow.

Finishing entering all of my receipts for 2008 into P3. I have everything organized, now to just start entering. Then I will feel WAY ahead come February. LOL.

Count us as boring also. We have dinner reservations a mile away at a nice Italian Rest. with a great salad bar, then back home. I know I'll be in bed at 10 with my book, DH will play on the computer for awhile. We don't stay up to watch the ball drop -- I know it will drop just like it does every year.. Happy, safe New Year!! I wish I could be at a bonfire, Jennifer, instead of in a snow storm.

gailz2 said:
Count us as boring also. We have dinner reservations a mile away at a nice Italian Rest. with a great salad bar, then back home. I know I'll be in bed at 10 with my book, DH will play on the computer for awhile. We don't stay up to watch the ball drop -- I know it will drop just like it does every year.. Happy, safe New Year!! I wish I could be at a bonfire, Jennifer, instead of in a snow storm.

Yall could hop on a plane and come on down!

Karen said:
Finishing entering all of my receipts for 2008 into P3. I have everything organized, now to just start entering. Then I will feel WAY ahead come February. LOL.

I wish I had mine organized! I said last year this was NOT going to happen again, that I would enter them in as I got them. Oh well!!!:D

Going to friends house with a few other couples. But first DH has to finish cleaning up the 8" of snow we got/getting:eek:. It's starting to tapper off but I don't know how the roads are. Luckily it's just across town we are going, tomorrow I would like to start taking down all the Christmas stuff. We will see DH might have other plans like laying around and playing wii with my DS. Happy, Happy New Year Everyone!!:balloon::sing::D

We are so boring on New Year's Eve. We eat pizza and watch movies. I usually fall asleep waaaay before midnight. The Furry Guy wakes me up at 11:59:30. He has one of the countdowns on. He kisses me at midnight. Then, I go back into my nice little coma until morning.New Year's Day is a slug day of watching movies and munching on appetizers. The Furry Guy will probably go to the annual New Year's Day auction at the fairgrounds.

Church prayer meeting is every Wednesday night and this is no exception. Prayer is such a vital part of our church that we can't miss it. Last Wednesday because of Christmas eve we had our prayer meeting early at 5 pm so people could do what they planned for that evening.
We got home ate snacks and let the kids open one small gift at midnight, then fell asleep and opened the rest in the morning.
Tonight the whole church is bringing food, drinks and desserts so we can stay at church until midnight and have some great fellowship. I would much rather spend time with my church family than with my lost family. It's sad but I don't have much in common with my lost family other than I love them and pray for their salvation. It's so true that it is a blessing to have brothers and sisters in Christ who are truly our family because they do the Lord's will. It's going to be fun!!

No fireworks because we have had no rain. :(

Debbie :D

We are going to friend's house tonight for food and fun.
Tomorrow I am making Pasta to take to my Gram in salute to the Rose Bowl.

We are watching the Rose Bowl and eating dinner at my parents tomorrow.

We Are PENN STATE!!!!

I worked until 5. DH, the kids and I went for dinner at 6, movie at 7:15 and got home at 9:30. Watched the last of the World Junior Game (YAY Canada!! :D) and now I'm here waiting for the ball to drop so I can GO TO BED!! I"m soooo tired but don't want to disappoint the kids..

Well, let's see....I've been watching NCIS on Netflix, while working on first my checkbook, and then my website concept (something separate from PChef). I looked at the clock a few minutes after midnight...Ooops!
That's about how we always spend New Year's Eve, either that or already asleep. But with small kids, what else can you do? :) We won't go out on the roads, and we can't really go anywhere. When I was in junior high, we always spent the evening with friends playing board games. I loved it, and maybe someday as my kids get older, we can do something like that. But for now, it's a regular night.HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone...hope it's a good one!!

I was able to stay up until 10 p.m. The Furry Guy was in the garage making repairs to his vehicle. I remember him waking me for a midnight kiss. Yeah, we're the party people. LOL!

HA! I Was in bed also by 10, but worked yesterday and it was so busy at our spa! I was exhausted. I dont stay up late anyhow...

Today shopping with Gram & Lunch at my mom's ---- working tomorrow!

JENNIFER====did I mention I LOVE YOUR THREAD?? Thanks for starting it!!

Related to What's Your New Year's Plans Tonight and Tomorrow?

What are some easy and delicious recipes for a New Year's Eve party?

One popular recipe is the "Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts," which can be made with only three ingredients. Another easy option is the "Cranberry Brie Bites," which only require four ingredients and can be made in under 30 minutes.

What are some must-have kitchen tools for preparing New Year's Eve dishes?

A few essential tools to have on hand include a quality chef's knife, a cutting board, a mixing bowl, and a baking sheet. Other useful tools may include a food processor, a blender, and a cocktail shaker.

How can I make my New Year's Eve party more festive with Pampered Chef products?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of products that are perfect for New Year's Eve, such as the "Celebrate Plate" for serving appetizers, the "Muffin Pan" for making mini quiches or cupcakes, and the "Stainless Steel Bar Tool Set" for mixing cocktails.

What are some tips for hosting a successful New Year's Eve party?

Some tips for hosting a successful party include planning ahead, keeping the menu simple, and having a variety of food and drink options. It's also helpful to have a designated area for drinks and appetizers, as well as some festive decorations to set the mood.

What are some kid-friendly options for a New Year's Eve party menu?

For a kid-friendly menu, consider options like mini pizzas, fruit skewers, and mocktails. You can also get creative with presentation, such as using cookie cutters to make fun shapes out of sandwiches or fruit. And don't forget to have some tasty treats for a midnight countdown!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • lockhartkitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
TiffanyK
Replies