• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's for Dinner Tonight? Need Ideas for Leftover Chicken

In summary, the author is having difficulty coming up with a dinner idea and is thinking of something simple. They are going to have a salad and some pasta.
chefann
Gold Member
This seems to be a new tradition around here.

What'cha cookin' for dinner tonight?

I've got chicken that I defrosted yesterday that I need to use, but I have no idea what to make. I was going to make chicken parmesan with it, but recently discovered that when DH told me 12 years ago that he didn't like spaghetti, he really meant that he didn't like tomato sauce. (So all this time, I've avoided spaghetti noodles, when I should have been skipping the red sauce. Argh!) Because of that, the Chik Parm is out. DH had a sandwich for dinner yesterday, so I can't make that again today. And come to think of it, I gave him chicken in his lunch, so he'll probably complain if we have chicken for dinner.

So I have no idea what to make for dinner. It does have to be something with leftovers, so I have something to pack for DH's lunch tomorrow.

I made a tried a new PC recipe last night, Skinny Chicken stroganoff. It was a a new PC cook book last night. It has onions, turkey bacon (i used regular) mushrooms and egg noodles. It was really good. And it was easy to put together.

What's for dinner. Hm. Probably going to have a salad (lettuce, tomato, broccoli, carrots, chees and chopped turkey lunchmeat) and some Tomato, Basil & Cheese Ravioli.

We made a PHENOMENAL Mexican Trifle Bowl Salad at our Cluster Meeting Monday night, and I loved it so much, and knew DH would love it, I am making it for dinner tonight. It is supposed to be an appetizer dip, but we are having it for dinner, possibly with taco shells. If I have some down time later I will type it up and share, as the ladies said it wasn't a PC recipe...

Do you have the Grill It Quick cookbook? The Adobo Glazed BBQ Chicken, page 23, is very good (it calls for thighs, but I made it with breast) Also the Asian Grilled Chicken Rolls, page 35, are yummy (you might want to use the grill basket for these, it's easier). Or maybe Becky's Chicken Fajitas? Bake or Grill the chicken with one of our seasonings and serve it over a salad or pasta.

bsaxman said:
What's for dinner. Hm. Probably going to have a salad (lettuce, tomato, broccoli, carrots, chees and chopped turkey lunchmeat) and some Tomato, Basil & Cheese Ravioli.

Hey! That sounds like a regularly occuring meal at our house!:D

jbachen said:
We made a PHENOMENAL Mexican Trifle Bowl Salad at our Cluster Meeting Monday night, and I loved it so much, and knew DH would love it, I am making it for dinner tonight. It is supposed to be an appetizer dip, but we are having it for dinner, possibly with taco shells. If I have some down time later I will type it up and share, as the ladies said it wasn't a PC recipe...

Recipe, please!?:chef:

I don't know what we are having - probably something simple. My afternoon and evening are jam-packed and I don't want to make a mess of the kitchen so it will have to be something on paper plates, with little use of pots/pans/mixing bowls or cooking utensils.

Hey - it's my birthday - I shouldn't have to spend it cleaning up messes, right?

No dinner tonight!:eek: That's what I told my DH as he was walking out the door this morning. You should have seen the look on his face. My DD and I are going to a graduation ceremony and I'm leaving her there (her school's graduation is tonight there and she has to play in the band). So I told my DH, he's taking me OUT tonight when I get home...LOL

I have the varsity awards dinner with #2 so I get yummo Italian dinner at the catering hall - Hubby and the other 4 are having Smashed Potato soup and salad!!

yep, that works and looks so yummy!

Tonight is BBQ chicken with salad and bread. Not sure how I am going to prepare the chicken though. Maybe with one of our rubs.

We're having the Artichoke Chicken and Roasted Red Potatoes from the 29 Minutes cookbook. This will be my first time having it....I hope it is tasty!

Burgers on the grill and homemade mac n cheese-a kids requested meal. Have to find a veggie though...

Tacos!!! Easy and fast! LOL

rebeccastt said:
We're having the Artichoke Chicken and Roasted Red Potatoes from the 29 Minutes cookbook. This will be my first time having it....I hope it is tasty!
Oh, I forgot about that one - it is YUMMY! I usually make double the artichoke part and leave off the potatoes.

I made buffalo wings, a salad and fresh green beans. Needless to say we got our greens today! :) Oh, and frozen lemonade for bessert... my niece calls dessert "Bessert" too funny

pamperedlinda said:
Oh, I forgot about that one - it is YUMMY! I usually make double the artichoke part and leave off the potatoes.

too funny- I do the same thing! :)

1. What is "What's Cookin'? Wed., June 4"?

"What's Cookin'? Wed., June 4" is a weekly event hosted by Pampered Chef where we share new recipes, tips, and tricks for cooking delicious meals using our products.

2. When does "What's Cookin'? Wed., June 4" take place?

"What's Cookin'? Wed., June 4" takes place every Wednesday, as the name suggests. The specific date for this event is June 4th.

3. How do I participate in "What's Cookin'? Wed., June 4"?

To participate in "What's Cookin'? Wed., June 4", simply visit our website or social media pages on the specified date and follow along with our live cooking demonstration. You can also join in on the conversation by commenting and asking questions.

4. Can I access previous "What's Cookin'?" events?

Yes, all our "What's Cookin'?" events are recorded and available for viewing on our website or social media pages. So if you miss a session, you can always catch up later.

5. Do I need to have Pampered Chef products to participate in "What's Cookin'? Wed., June 4"?

While we do recommend using our products to get the full experience and results, it is not necessary to have Pampered Chef products to participate in "What's Cookin'? Wed., June 4". Our recipes and tips can still be applied to any kitchen tools you have available.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • SummerG
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
Replies
Views
TwinGirlsMom