• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Do With Cooked Chicken...

In summary, someone suggested cooking chicken using different ingredients to come up with a variety of dishes. Some of the ideas include white chicken chili, chicken salad, chicken spaghetti, chicken fried rice, chicken Alfredo, chicken pot pie, and chicken spaghetti in the south is like a casserole not a sauce (never heard of it when I was growing up in the midwest). Chicken spaghetti is typically made with spaghetti, chicken, mushroom soup, and other ingredients.
AnnieBee
Gold Member
I can never think of things to do with cooked chicken, and I have some I need to use for dinner tonight (does not have to be PC!). So, ideas anyone? Preferably not something that uses condensed soup or lots of cheese. Oh, and not mexican as we've had enchiladas twice this week...

So, what are all of your favourite things to cook!?

TIA...

You can put it on top of a salad, make chicken salad, make chicken noodle soup. Those are the first things that come to mind.

I made a bbq chicken wreath last night from the all the best and it was so yummy.

Chicken salad, Any of the power cooking meals....

shredded in homemade noodles (they are very easy) over mashed potatoes
chicken and dumplings
chicken and rice
chicken noodle soup
chicken salad

Here's what we are having tonight for dinnerWhite chicken chili3 pounds cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts cubed1 medium onion diced2 tsp cumin1Tbsp salt2 cups chicken broth (I always use the chicken stock)2 cans great northen beans1 pound pepper jack cheese1 can green chilies dicedBoil chicken, reserve stock.Saute onions in a little olive oil. Add broth & rest of ingredients to crock pot

Chicken Alfredo
Chicken A La King
Chicken Salad

chicken pot pie
chicken spaghetti (I know its uses cream of mushroom soup but its yummy)
chicken Ala King over homemade biscuits

Teresa Lynn said:
chicken pot pie
chicken spaghetti (I know its uses cream of mushroom soup but its yummy)
chicken Ala King over homemade biscuits

I have also made chicken spagetti~ I just use reg spagetti sauce and use cooked chicken instead of hamburger/ meatballs.

Aloha Pizza would be good.

I made Chicken Lettuce Wraps for lunch today, using canned chicken, but it would have been much better using fresh:

Valley Fresh Chicken Lettuce Wraps:

1 (10 oz.) can Valley Fresh 100% Natural White Chicken, drained (or I am sure you can use 1 to 1 1/2 cups fresh diced chicken)

1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup diced green onions
4 TBS prepared teriyaki sauce
2 TBS sliced almonds
1 head iceberg lettuce, washed, cored and leaves separated

In a bowl, combine chicken, carrots, cucumbers and onions. To serve, top lettuce leaves with chicken mixture. Drizzle with teriyaki sauce and top with almonds.

I had some Sesame seed oil in my fridge, so I also drizzled some of that on top as well. It was yummy!

Chicken stirr fry, Chicken fried rice (I like to try recipes I find online)

chicken spaghetti in the south is like a casserole not a sauce (never heard of it when I was growing up in the midwest) In Texas its one of the 2 "recipes" for funerals, new babies, potlucks, coming home from the hospital. The other being King Ranch Casserole

OK, so what exactly IS chicken spaghetti? Chicken, mushroom soup, spaghetti and what else...?

Thanks everyone for the ideas. I love the chili recipe, I would have to sub in kidney beans, which would be fine. It's too cold (I am SO TIRED of being cold!) for me to be thinking of salads.... Although I do have some baby spinach. Hmmm.

DH suggested something indian, which also sounds pretty good to me right now...

I just use the grill pan and throw whatever i have on hand in it with the chicken. Veggies, or potatoes and onions, chicken in some BBQ or Seasonings or Teriakki sauce, chicken w/panko breadcrumbs, seriously whatever i can find I will use with the chicken.

Chicken Spaghetti

1 pound spaghetti or pasta ( if using uncooked increase broth)
6 slices bacon, chopped
1 can chicken broth
1 chopped onion
2 clove garlic, minced
1 16 ounce can tomatoes, cut up or 1 can rotel (we prefer the hot rotel)
1 10 3/4 ounce can cream of mushroom soup
3 stalks celery
1/2 c. milk
1/2 pound Velveeta (or more to taste)
4 ounces cheddar shredded
2 c cubed cooked chicken
1 10 oz. pkg. frozen peas, thawed
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
In large saucepan cook bacon, onion, celery, and garlic till bacon is crisp;Add undrained tomatoes, soup, broth and milk. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly. Add velveeta, shredded American cheese; stir till melted. Stir in cubed chicken, and thawed peas & UNCOOKED spaghetti.
Turn into 2-1/2 qt casserole; top with Parmesan. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 45 minutes. Makes 8 servings.

I never pre cook the spaghetti I also just cook it on the stove until heated or cook in my crockpot adding the pasta during the last 8 -10 minutes
It should be thick

We serve chicken spaghetti with a green salad and a loaf of crusty garlic bread

This was in Feb 2008 issue of Southern Living it is almost exactly like my recipe 1 (4 1/2- to 5-lb. ) whole chicken
2 celery ribs, cut into 3 pieces each
2 carrots, cut into 3 pieces each
2 1/2 to 3 tsp. salt
2 tablespoons butter
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium-size green bell pepper, chopped
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 (10 3/4-oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
1 (10 3/4-oz.) can cream of chicken soup
2 (10-oz.) cans diced tomatoes and green chiles, drained
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon Mexican-style chili powder*
3 cups grated sharp Cheddar cheese
12 (6-inch) fajita-size corn tortillas, cut into 1/2-inch strips
Preparation
1. If applicable, remove giblets from chicken, and reserve for another use. Rinse chicken.2. Place chicken, celery, carrots, and salt in a large Dutch oven with water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 50 minutes to 1 hour or until chicken is done. Remove from heat. Remove chicken from broth; cool 30 minutes. Remove and reserve 3/4 cup cooking liquid. Strain any remaining cooking liquid, and reserve for another use.3. Preheat oven to 350°. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and sauté 6 to 7 minutes or until tender. Add bell pepper and garlic, and sauté 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in reserved 3/4 cup cooking liquid, cream of mushroom soup, and next 5 ingredients. Cook, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes.4. Skin and bone chicken; shred meat into bite-size pieces. Layer half of chicken in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Top with half of soup mixture and 1 cup Cheddar cheese. Cover with half of corn tortilla strips. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining 1 cup cheese.5. Bake at 350° for 55 minutes to 1 hour or until bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.*1 tsp. chili powder and 1/8 tsp. ground red pepper may be substituted for Mexican-style chili powder.Lightened King Ranch Chicken Casserole: Reduce butter to 1 Tbsp. Substitute reduced-fat cream of mushroom and cream of chicken soup for regular and 2% reduced-fat cheese for regular. Prepare recipe as directed through Step 4. Bake, covered, at 350° for 50 minutes; uncover and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.Note: For testing purposes only, we used Cracker Barrel 2% Milk Natural Sharp Cheddar Cheese.Quick-and-Easy King Ranch Chicken Casserole: Substitute 1 (2-lb.) skinned, boned, and shredded deli-roasted chicken for whole chicken, 3 cups coarsely crumbled lime-flavored white corn tortilla chips for corn tortillas, and 3/4 cup chicken broth for cooking liquid. Omit celery, carrots, and salt. Prepare recipe as directed, beginning with Step 3.
Yield

Jerk Chicken Nachos~I love them!!!!
Chicken, rice, pineapples & cashews, along with some Thai-ish seasoning~YUM!!

AnnieBee said:
DH suggested something indian, which also sounds pretty good to me right now...

My Hubs loves my "fast/easy" Indian Chicken dish he would probably eat rocks too though if he is hungry enough.

Prep: Dice small onion, mince/press garlic, press a small piece of ginger, dig in your pantry for tomato paste or if in a pinch (don't tell my husband) Ketchup/fresh tomatoes finely diced combo. Coarsley chop your chicken. You will also need heavy cream, if in a pinch i have used milk/butter or even plain yogurt. Have handy chilli powder, curry and salt. (I also add Ground coriander) Coarsley chop fresh cilantro and thinly slice a small/med green pepper.

Add your choice of oil (we use extra virgin olive oil) to Med/Large pan.
Saute finely diced onions until translucent. Add green bell pepper. Add minced/pressed garlic to taste. Add tomato paste (or your ketchup/diced tomato). And finely add ginger. Let gently simmer for a few minutes until the oil seperates from the chunky paste. Add spices to your taste, if using ketchup/tomato be gentle on the salt. Now add your cream, milk/butter, or yogurt. You want to add enough liquid so that it gets watery pancake batter consistancy. Adding water a tbsp at a time also helps at this point. Add chicken and let simmer until oil once again seperates from your creation. Turn off heat and throw the cilantro on top.

Don't have Naan or Roti? Use slightly toasted pieces of bread, tortillas warmed over open flame or gently warmed.

Sorry for the muddled recipe, am writing off the top of my head :chef:

ok, Annie what's for dinner?

My DH and I love to use whatever leftover cooked chicken we have for the next night's meal, so we try to come up with fun ideas. We've done chicken fettucine alfredo (really easy and VERY yummy), the chicken broccoli braid from PC, barbeque chicken pizza (again, very easy and very good), and others. My personal favorite for nights when DH is working is to put together a 90 second bag of rice, add a small can of peas (drained), a small can of mushrooms, and mix in the chicken. It's easy, and you can season it however you would like. Sometimes I add cheese and heat the whole thing together...very good. :)

White chicken chili - It's something that I've never made before! Although I might have to cut down the cheese a bit (i didn't see that it called for a POUND of cheese!) LOL :)! I'm about to start (on Monday) a weight loss challenge with my Mum, so I'm trying to start now cutting down the calories... Of course I have to try extra hard for dinner becasue I'm not even going to tell anyone how many choc-chip oatmeal bars I ate today...

Chicken curry.

Sorry ... I don't have a recipe.

I make it every year for our church chili contest either in for our SS or for the Youth it has won 3 times

Related to What to Do With Cooked Chicken...

What are some popular recipes using cooked chicken?

There are countless delicious recipes that use cooked chicken as the main ingredient! Some popular options include chicken pot pie, chicken salad sandwiches, chicken alfredo, and chicken enchiladas. You can also use cooked chicken in soups, casseroles, and stir-fries.

How long does cooked chicken last in the fridge?

Cooked chicken can last in the fridge for 3-4 days if stored properly. It is important to store it in an airtight container or zip-top bag to prevent bacteria growth. If you won't be using it within that time frame, it is best to freeze it for longer storage.

Can I freeze cooked chicken?

Yes, cooked chicken can be frozen for up to 4 months. Make sure to store it in an airtight container or freezer-safe bag and label it with the date. Thaw it in the fridge overnight before using it in a recipe.

How do I reheat cooked chicken?

The best way to reheat cooked chicken is in the oven or on the stove. Place it in a baking dish or skillet and cover it with foil or a lid. Heat at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes, or until heated through. You can also reheat it in the microwave, but this may result in a less crispy texture.

Can I use leftover cooked chicken for meal prep?

Absolutely! Cooked chicken is a great protein option for meal prep. You can use it in salads, wraps, sandwiches, or as a topping for rice or quinoa bowls. Just make sure to properly store it in the fridge or freezer until you are ready to use it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • NewbyPChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
skaugchef
  • SilverCeladon
  • General Chat
Replies