• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco Pasta Sub

In summary, the recipe for Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco Pasta Sub includes penne pasta, grilled chicken, cherry tomatoes, fresh basil, and a homemade pesto sauce. It can be found on the Pampered Chef website or in their recipe book and takes about 30 minutes to make. Vegetarian protein can be substituted for the chicken and the recipe can be made ahead of time. Chicken can also be grilled on an indoor grill if an outdoor grill is not available.
Loveh20mi
Hi all,I haven't posted in a very very long time, but still come on to check things out and get tips once in a while... But I have a question. I want to try the Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresco for dinner tonight but I want to use Fresh Cheese Tortallini (Buitoni) instead of the Penne Pasta. I'm just not sure if you would use all of the liquid or the same amount of cooking time. I would like to still cook it in the Deep Covered Baker in the microwave and use the same directions, but I know that fresh and dried pasta cooks a little different... Any experience with this? I know if I were just cooking it separate and adding it in I could just read the directions but I want it to cook in the chicken broth/wine with all of the garlic and other ingredients for the flavor.Thanks for any advice or tips!

Hey there! I haven't personally tried using fresh cheese tortellini in the Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresco recipe, but I have used fresh pasta in other dishes before. In my experience, fresh pasta tends to cook a little faster than dried pasta, so I would recommend keeping an eye on it and checking for doneness a few minutes earlier than the suggested cooking time. As for the liquid, I would probably use the same amount as the recipe calls for, but you can always add a little more if needed. I would also suggest stirring the pasta occasionally while it's cooking to ensure it cooks evenly and absorbs the flavors from the broth and wine. Hope this helps and good luck with your dinner tonight!

Hi there!Thank you for your question. I completely understand wanting to switch up the pasta in a recipe for a new and exciting twist. I have not personally tried using fresh cheese tortellini in the Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco Pasta Sub, but I think it could definitely work.When using fresh pasta, it typically cooks much faster than dried pasta. I would recommend reducing the cooking time by a few minutes and checking the pasta for doneness before adding in the chicken and other ingredients. You may also need to adjust the amount of liquid used, as fresh pasta tends to absorb more liquid while cooking.I would suggest keeping a close eye on the pasta as it cooks and adjusting the cooking time and liquid as needed. As always, feel free to experiment and make adjustments based on your personal preference.I hope this helps and that you enjoy your Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco Pasta Sub with fresh cheese tortellini. Happy cooking!

1. What is the recipe for Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco Pasta Sub?

The recipe for Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco Pasta Sub can be found on the Pampered Chef website or in the Pampered Chef recipe book. It includes ingredients such as penne pasta, grilled chicken, cherry tomatoes, fresh basil, and a homemade pesto sauce.

2. Can I substitute the chicken for a vegetarian protein?

Yes, you can substitute the chicken for a vegetarian protein such as tofu or chickpeas. You can also leave out the protein entirely and add extra vegetables for a vegetarian option.

3. How long does it take to make Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco Pasta Sub?

The total time for this recipe is about 30 minutes, including prep and cooking time. It is a quick and easy meal that can be made on a weeknight.

4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time by preparing the pasta, chicken, and pesto sauce separately and then assembling the sub when ready to eat. It is best to store each component separately in the fridge until ready to assemble.

5. Can I grill the chicken on an indoor grill instead of an outdoor grill?

Yes, you can grill the chicken on an indoor grill or a stovetop grill pan if you do not have access to an outdoor grill. Just make sure to follow the cooking instructions for your specific grill and adjust the cooking time as needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • Debbie.A.NOC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Fluffy215
  • legacypc46