• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Last-Minute New Year's Eve Main Dish Ideas: Crockpot and Casserole Recipes

probably make on a night when DH is out of town. So, that would be a good option. Thanks for the input!
kam
Staff member
HELP! I need ideas for a main-dishy item to serve for New Year's Eve.

I already have:
Pepperoni Pizza Casserole (which takes care of a red sauce/pasta dish)
Cheesy Potato Casserole
Mexican Nacho Chicken Casserole
Sweet & Sour Meatballs

(Apps: Stuffed Jalepenos, Pepperoni Puffs, Buff Chick Dip, Beef Dip, cheese/crackers plus a few others TBD)

So, I need one more idea for something that might pass as a main dish. I would normally do Ham/Turkey sandwiches or cold cut platter, but we were with the same crowd for a Christmas party and they had sandwiches. Oh, and Beef Enchilada Casserole and Stuffed Shells is out - I am serving those for another get together 1 month from now.

It does not have to be a PC recipe. I would prefer something in a Crockpot or a casserole.

I have drawn a COMPLETE blank and I am hoping that you guys can give me some ideas!

TIA!

Holy Cow! That's a lot of food already you're planning on. How many people will be there?How about Poppyseed Chicken? I love that and just had it recently at our PC Christmas party. Now I'm going to make it for dinner this week because I just love it so much. :D

One of our favorites is the White Chicken Chili. Even if you do it in the DCB and wanted to transfer to crockpot, it works great. Everyone always raves over it.

One of my favorite non-PC recipes is Chicken Casserole w/stuffing.

Cook 1-2 chicken breasts in the microcooker, shred and mix with one can of cream of chicken soup, and 1/2 container of sour cream, black pepper (to taste), shredded cheese (optional). Put mixture in casserole dish. Cook 1 box of Stove Top stuffing. Put stuffing on top of chicken mixture and bake at 350 until heated through.

Above quantities fit nicely in square baker, if doubled it fills the rectangular (9x13) baker nicely.

It's an awesome combination and everyone loves it! Enjoy....

Karen said:

Cook 1-2 chicken breasts in the microcooker, shred and mix with one can of cream of chicken soup, and 1/2 container of sour cream, black pepper (to taste), shredded cheese (optional). Put mixture in casserole dish. Cook 1 box of Stove Top stuffing. Put stuffing on top of chicken mixture and bake at 350 until heated through.

Above quantities fit nicely in square baker, if doubled it fills the rectangular (9x13) baker nicely.

This is what I was going to suggest too! Although, I can't use Stove Top anymore with our gluten issues - I've found a Gluten free stuffing I can use, so I can still make this. I just love this recipe, and so does my family!

babywings76 said:
Holy Cow! That's a lot of food already you're planning on. How many people will be there?

How about Poppyseed Chicken? I love that and just had it recently at our PC Christmas party. Now I'm going to make it for dinner this week because I just love it so much. :D

What is the recipe, if you don't mind posting it.

As of right now, we have 20 confirmed adults - which might go as high as 30-35. Plus 10+ teenaged kids (which have to factor into my food count).

yankfan24 said:
One of our favorites is the White Chicken Chili. Even if you do it in the DCB and wanted to transfer to crockpot, it works great. Everyone always raves over it.

I already mentioned this to DH. He vetoed it. He said if we were going to have chili, he would just make his chili (which makes it his to make which makes it easier on me). But he is not sold on chili.

Karen said:

ChefBeckyD said:
This is what I was going to suggest too! Although, I can't use Stove Top anymore with our gluten issues - I've found a Gluten free stuffing I can use, so I can still make this. I just love this recipe, and so does my family!

OK, this sounds possible. I will mention it to DH. Plus, it sounds eay and something I can put together ahead of time.

Keep the ideas coming! :)

Easy Tortellini Toss -- YUM!

Can you post the recipe for your Pepperoni pasta?

I've only made it twice, and it's been a while, so hopefully I'm getting the amounts right. This is what my friend told me it was. You can also google "Poppy Seed Chicken" and a bunch of similar recipes will show up.Poppy Seed Chicken4-6 chicken breasts (boil and chop up or cook in DCB and use Salad Choppers)
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
2 cups sour cream
1 stick of butter, melted
1 1/2 sleeves of Ritz crackers (crushed)
2 Tbsp Poppy SeedsIn casserole dish, spread the cooked, chopped chicken. Then mix the soups with the sour cream and spread that on the chicken. Next, mix the cracker crumbs with the melted butter and add the poppy seeds. Put that over the top of the sauce. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until golden brown on top and things look a little bubbly.Great served as is, or over rice or noodles.

Oh - when I make the Chicken and Stuffing Casserole, I don't shred the chicken - I cut it into chunks, and I also don't cook it first. I put it in the 9x9 baker chunked up, and pour the soup mixture over it, and then top it with the prepared stuffing. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for about 1 hour. Take the foil off for the last 15 minutes if you want a crunchier crust.

AND - it sounded so good that mine is in the oven right now! YUM!

ChefBeckyD said:
Oh - when I make the Chicken and Stuffing Casserole, I don't shred the chicken - I cut it into chunks, and I also don't cook it first. I put it in the 9x9 baker chunked up, and pour the soup mixture over it, and then top it with the prepared stuffing. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for about 1 hour. Take the foil off for the last 15 minutes if you want a crunchier crust.

I just put my PoppySeed Chicken in the oven, too! :)

I love doing the Chicken w/ Stove Top casserole, too. I also will add a bag of California Mix frozen veggies (thawed) to it. It's so good! :)

babywings76 said:
I just put my PoppySeed Chicken in the oven, too! :)

I love doing the Chicken w/ Stove Top casserole, too. I also will add a bag of California Mix frozen veggies (thawed) to it. It's so good! :)

LOL! We had California Blend veggies on the side. :)

My little guy said "Mom, this is the best gluten free stuffing casserole! You made it just right!"

I think I would like the Poppy Seed Chicken too. I'll have to try that.

lcucinella said:
Can you post the recipe for your Pepperoni pasta?

I used to make lasagna every year for New Year's Eve (very time-consuming) then I discovered this and it is just as big of a hit.

It is better than it sounds. I thought it weird to have the cheddar cheese with the tomato sauce, but it really is good. I chop the pepperoni slices and save a few whole slices for the top. And I have never found pepperoni pizza sauce, so I just use Contadina sauce with herbs, or Contadina pizza sauce, if I can find it.

PIZZA CASSEROLE
1 pound BOB EVANS® Italian Roll Sausage
12 ounces wide noodles, cooked according to package directions
2 (14-ounce) jars pepperoni pizza sauce
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
6 ounces sliced pepperoni

Preheat oven to 350°F. Crumble and cook sausage in medium skillet over medium heat until browned. Drain on paper towels.

Layer half of noodles in lightly greased 13x9-inch casserole dish. Top with half of sausage, half of pizza sauce, half of cheeses and half of pepperoni.

Repeat layers with remaining ingredients, reserving several pepperoni slices for garnish on top of casserole. Bake 35 to 40 minutes. Refrigerate leftovers.

Sounds yummy thank you!

ChefBeckyD said:

That is so funny Becky, I haven't made this in ages, but I actually have everything for this so this might be dinner tomorrow night! LOL And I also agree about not precooking the chicken, I do it all at once, oh,and sometimes will add onion soup mix with the cr chicken soup and a can of water.

ChefBeckyD said:

Becky, I just made mine the night before I posted this recipe. It was so yummy and still in my head that I had to post!

It is definitely a "make ahead" recipe if you need it to be. I think this is what I'm making for our January 5 cluster meeting!

ChefBeckyD said:
LOL! We had California Blend veggies on the side. :)

My little guy said "Mom, this is the best gluten free stuffing casserole! You made it just right!"

I think I would like the Poppy Seed Chicken too. I'll have to try that.

Becky, can you please post your gluten free stuffing. TIA

blueberrylady said:
Becky, can you please post your gluten free stuffing. TIA

Sallie, I don't have a recipe - sorry!

Harvest Health Foods has a Gluten Free Stuffing Mix (like Pepperidge Farm Stuffing Mix - only GF) and I just followed the directions for that! It was really really good!

I'm not sure how far you'd have to drive to a Harvest Health store....there's one in Hudsonville, just off 196, and one on Burton & Eastern in GR, and one in Cascade. I go to the one in H'ville.

Karen said:
Becky, I just made mine the night before I posted this recipe. It was so yummy and still in my head that I had to post!

It is definitely a "make ahead" recipe if you need it to be. I think this is what I'm making for our January 5 cluster meeting!

It's sort of addictive. :) DH took leftovers in his lunch, and I was just thinking of having the rest for breakfast. :chef:

I agree - it's a great make ahead recipe! Or even a quick "forgot to plan anything for dinner" recipe! Just have a steamed veggie, or a salad on the side, and you have a whole meal that makes everyone happy.

1. What are some easy crockpot recipes for a last-minute New Year's Eve main dish?

For a stress-free meal, try our Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff or Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings. Both recipes are simple to prepare and can cook while you enjoy the festivities!

2. Can I make a casserole ahead of time and just bake it on New Year's Eve?

Absolutely! Our Make-Ahead Sausage and Egg Casserole or Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Casserole are perfect for preparing in advance and baking on the day of your gathering.

3. Are there any vegetarian options for crockpot or casserole dishes?

Yes, we have a variety of delicious vegetarian options such as our Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili or Spinach and Mushroom Casserole. These dishes are sure to satisfy both vegetarians and meat-eaters alike.

4. Can I use my pressure cooker for last-minute New Year's Eve main dishes?

Definitely! Our Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli or Pressure Cooker Pulled Pork are both great options for a quick and tasty meal using your pressure cooker.

5. Do you have any ideas for a gluten-free crockpot or casserole dish?

Yes, we offer a variety of gluten-free recipes such as our Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken or Gluten-Free Mexican Casserole. These dishes are perfect for accommodating dietary restrictions while still being delicious.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
  • kam
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
kam
Back