• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Advice on Power Cooking Chicken

In summary, the host is planning to do a show with working mothers and they will have a variety of recipes. The host recommends cooking chicken in the deep covered baker and then demonstrating the meals with this base item. The chicken tortilla soup is spicy, and the host recommends adjusting the recipe. Boneless skinless chicken breasts can be seasoned with salt, pepper, and Rosemary Herb Seasoning. Directions for cooking these breasts in the deep covered baker are not available, but the host demonstrates how to make the chicken tortilla soup in the deep covered Baker.
NewbyPChef
I have a host who is a working mom with a baby. Her show is Jan 20 and she will have lots of young working moms there. She wants to do power cooking chicken with the smokey black bean wraps, tortilla soup and stir fry. I figure I'll make and immediately serve all the meals and just explain at what point we *would* freeze if we were going to freeze. I have never done any of these recipes. Does anyone who has done these recipes or a power cooking show have any advice?
Also, I'm not crazy about reheated boneless skinless chicken breast (if I make it ahead of time). I do have both the grill pan and press and the deep covered baker though. Does anyone have advice on how to get the best results on the chicken? Should I do it in the baker so I can "sell" the baker by telling them I cooked all the chicken in the microwave in xx minutes? I have high hopes for this show and want to make sure I maximize their time and attention!

I love cooking chicken breasts in the DCB. I'd advise against doing it on the grill pan because of the grill factor/flavor that may not work well when reusing the chicken in a secondary dish.Depending on the time you want to spend, and what you really want to emphasize, I'd likely go with cooking the chicken ahead of time (and cook in the DCB and leave it there if you want) and then demonstrate the options of meals with this base item. I find that when I try and do too much, I lose the focus (but that's just me)

Our skillet is also a powerhouse and great tool to showcase. If you want to use the DCB, you can make a cake in the DCB at the same time and wow them that way. It's only a couple extra ingredients and you can mix it up in just a couple minutes at the start of the show. Then you can let them know that if you wanted, you could also cook all those chicken breasts in the DCB in just minutes in the microwave. You can even make the Chicken Tortilla Soup in the DCB from start to finish.On a recipe note, the Chicken Tortilla Soup is super spicy as it is written. I made it for a family party once and it was hard for everyone to eat it because it had so much kick. I had forgotten that I usually adjust the recipe, so I felt bad for everyone and was disappointed I forgot to make my adjustments that time. What I do is only use 1 Tbsp of the Chipotle Rub and I use regular diced tomatoes, not the ones w/ green chilies. Oh, and another thing to remember and point out to the guests is that you need to measure the chips first and then crush them. The very first time I made this recipe at home I did it the other way because I didn't read the recipe correctly. It was very, very thick that time. :blushing: ;)

can you give me the basic instructions for cooking boneless skinless breasts in DCB? do you season them? salt/pepper? add liquid? oil? How long for 3 pounds? Thanks for all the tips those are VERY helpful! I was thinking I'd use the DCB to cook the chicken ahead of time and then clean it out before the guests arrive and do the chocolate lava cake in it for dessert. I might go ahead and combine some of the ingredients in a ziplock as if I were going to freeze them ahead of time so that the demo doesn't take so long also....

I follow the DCB recipe and adjust temps based on number of breasts. Depending on what I plan to do with the chicken, I may not season it at all, especially if I'm adding it to another recipe that I'm using the seasoning for, if that makes sense? No liquid and I do it uncovered too.Season 3 chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and Rosemary Herb Seasoning. Place in DEEP COVERED BAKER and microwave for 8 minutes.

babywings76 said:
You can even make the Chicken Tortilla Soup in the DCB from start to finish.

Do you have typed up directions of how to do that in the dcb?

kristina16marie said:
Do you have typed up directions of how to do that in the dcb?
Nope, sorry. I just tried it out for New Year's Eve because I just wanted that soup, not 3 recipes and I thought it would look nicer served from the DCB (and it would stay warmer longer, too.) But here's what I did:I put 6 chicken breasts in the DCB. I didn't add a single extra thing and I didn't cut them (I only remove any noticeable fat.) I can't remember how many minutes it took in the microwave. I started with 6 minutes and then took it out and moved the chicken around so that it could cook evenly, and put it back in for a few more minutes. (I wish I could remember exactly how long it was. :blushing:)When the chicken was done, I used my salad choppers on it. This resulted in chicken more shredded and chopped up like instead of bite-sized diced pieces that I usually would do if it was in the skillet. The end result was fine in the soup, so it's up to you if you want to take the chicken out and chop it up on a cutting board instead. It could be a moment to demo the food chopper, but I thought it was simpler to just do the salad choppers in the baker and save some time and less dishes. I portioned out the chopped chicken and set aside 1/3 of it in a bowl and put the other 2 portions into something else I was preparing that day.So into the empty DCB I put the chopped Velveeta, Chicken Broth, Diced Tomatoes & 1 Tbsp of the rub. Cooked for 3 minutes and took it out to stir. It needed just another minute (your microwave times can vary remember) to be all melted. Then I added the chicken, crushed chips and frozen corn. I cooked it for another few minutes. It turned out great and my friends all LOVED it and wanted the recipe. The funny thing was that during dinner something came up in the conversation and my friend was talking about some other recipe that called for "ewww Velveeta". LOL I just bit my tongue and didn't tell her that this soup had it in it. :D :angel: Guess because I served it with shredded cheddar cheese and chips she thought it was cheddar in it. :)ETA: Oh, and I DO put the lid on the DCB when I'm just cooking the chicken. But just like the 30 min. chicken, it probably is fine w/o the lid.

awesome thank you! i can't wait to try it. ps - i always use my salad choppers for chicken in the dcb too! soooooooo easy. and i always sell a ton of them when i demo it!

Does anyone happen to have the greek chicken, soup, and the stir fry recipes saved or printed out, I have a show tomorrow and the PC website is down until after my show starts and I "was" planning on doing these 3 recipes there. Hopefully someone can help me. thanks

I hope this helps?

Attachments

• power cooking chicken.pdf
    248.6 KB · Views: 441

What is the best way to prepare chicken for power cooking?

The best way to prepare chicken for power cooking is to marinate it for at least 30 minutes before cooking. This will help to infuse the chicken with flavor and keep it moist during the cooking process. Additionally, make sure the chicken is trimmed of excess fat and pat it dry before cooking.

What is the recommended cooking time for power cooking chicken?

The recommended cooking time for power cooking chicken will vary depending on the cut of chicken and the power of your microwave or pressure cooker. As a general rule, boneless, skinless chicken breasts will take about 8-10 minutes in the microwave and 6-8 minutes in a pressure cooker. It is important to always check the internal temperature of the chicken with a meat thermometer to ensure it has reached 165°F before consuming.

Can I use frozen chicken for power cooking?

Yes, you can use frozen chicken for power cooking. However, it is important to thaw the chicken completely before cooking to ensure even cooking and to avoid any potential food safety risks. You can thaw the chicken by placing it in the refrigerator overnight or using the defrost setting on your microwave.

What are some recommended seasonings for power cooking chicken?

Some recommended seasonings for power cooking chicken include garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, cumin, and paprika. You can also use pre-made marinades or dressings for added flavor. Be sure to use seasonings that are low in sodium to keep the dish healthy.

Can I cook chicken with vegetables for a complete meal in one dish?

Yes, you can cook chicken with vegetables for a complete meal in one dish. Make sure to cut the vegetables into similar sizes to ensure even cooking. You can also add some liquid, such as chicken broth or water, to help create steam and keep the chicken and vegetables moist. Be sure to check the cooking time for both the chicken and vegetables and adjust accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• blueberrylady
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cookin to the top
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cookin to the top
  • Roadtripray